What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Caelan said:
    Riell said:

Just so it's out there, Riell may be a jackass, but the guy behind her isn't!  
    I thought we had something.  < / 3 I should have known..  women can't Internet.  

I think my initial reaction is usually "go fuck yourself, piece of shit" and is usually both IC and OOC. Then I realize I had a bounty and get mad at the bounty system (because a certain city enemied me and repeatedly put bounties up for a single incident) for half a second. Usually ends in some fun RP.  Basically, if you reply IC it snaps me out of any immediate OOC feelings I may have had.
    I'm always IC!

(unless it's like combaty talk and codey stuff)
  • Riell said:
    Caelan said:
    Riell said:

Just so it's out there, Riell may be a jackass, but the guy behind her isn't!  
    I thought we had something.  < / 3 I should have known..  women can't Internet.  

I think my initial reaction is usually "go fuck yourself, piece of shit" and is usually both IC and OOC. Then I realize I had a bounty and get mad at the bounty system (because a certain city enemied me and repeatedly put bounties up for a single incident) for half a second. Usually ends in some fun RP.  Basically, if you reply IC it snaps me out of any immediate OOC feelings I may have had.
    I'm always IC!

(unless it's like combaty talk and codey stuff)
    She’s IC in discord too, random person defending me from flirting targossians turned out to be my own protege!
  • So, be warned: apparently giftboxes fall from your corpse upon death (I feel like that's probably a bug). My good deed for the day was returning three of them to an enemy combatant.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Riell said:
    Happened last night, but I managed to complete three bounties pretty quickly.  I've been thinking on it throughout the day, and sometimes it's really hard to tell if the insults coming in afterward are IC or OOC.  I always try to treat them ICly and assume that the folks behind the characters know it's no hard feelings.  The line definitely gets blurred, though, when you're threatened with an issue because you won't tell them why the bounty was there to begin with.

Just so it's out there, Riell may be a jackass, but the guy behind her isn't!  Yea, you might be AFK outside a city, and it might be kinda not-so-nice to gank you while you are AFK outside a city, but your character has a bounty on their head.  Bounty hunters don't give a fuck, yo.  :(
    Ride home. Ride home. Ride home. Ride home. Ride home. 
  • edited February 2019
    Zhedan said:
    a monolith sigil prevents your movement.

• Pyori said:
    Zhedan said:
    a monolith sigil prevents your movement.

• Message #4220       Sent by Achaea
    2019/2/06/20:27 Your large raw stone mine at A steep descent collapsed, depleted of resources. 1 a
    chunk of makaelicite, 1 a cube of verillium, and 6454 raw stone has been transferred to your 
    inventory.

II rawstone:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are holding:

You are wearing:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No items were shown.

Appears the mine finished while I was logged out and because I have no warehouse the comms decayed. Warehouse or claiming storage before I left would prevent that, but man that pissed me off.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • If you're going to mine, you need a warehouse. That sucks, but there was a huge forum post left up for months, announce post(s), and in game reminders.

That being said, it's weird that mines default to warehouse if you have room in your inventory. 

• Yeh, it's my own fault. I stopped the warehouse as I stopped mining, but then grabbed two massive stone lodes to hit the honors line and forgot that the comms wouldn't last long once the mine finished. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Cooper said:
    If you're going to mine, you need a warehouse. That sucks, but there was a huge forum post left up for months, announce post(s), and in game reminders.

That being said, it's weird that mines default to warehouse if you have room in your inventory. 
    Honestly, with how often the mines collapse when I'm in Mhaldor, Hashan, or Targossas, I'd much rather them be ferried to my warehouses. Lol. @Sobriquet happens to the best of us mate. Know how it feels. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I don't see why we even still have "drop commodities/riftables/gold on death" in the game. It's just a recipe for drama at this point.

Make quest items, relics, and corpses drop upon death. Everything else stays in the inventory.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    It puts a cap on how many you can have.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    It puts a cap on how many you can have.
    That's actually a fair point I hadn't considered.
  • It doesn't, it just makes the people who want more have to take extra steps.

• It's still a cap. Just not a hard cap because you can spend money and/or time to secure your extra riftables
  • So what you're saying is that it isn't a cap. Got it.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Dupre said:

Don't argue with Cooper. He argues for the sake of arguing. You could hold up a handful of sand and say "this is sand" and he would put it under a microscope to find the 1 grain of whatever that isn't sand and tell you how wrong you are.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Commodities decay if not in rift or warehouse, no reason to drop them on death anymore IMO. Minerals over your rift limit are usually dropped onto ships/stockrooms, it prevents a character having absolutely ridiculous amounts of them on their character at all times. 
  • Spoils of War
  • Minifie said:
    Commodities decay if not in rift or warehouse, no reason to drop them on death anymore IMO. Minerals over your rift limit are usually dropped onto ships/stockrooms, it prevents a character having absolutely ridiculous amounts of them on their character at all times. 
    I've collected tidy amounts of kelp, irid moss, and inks that people dropped on death or qq. Clearly not everyone is just dropping things in stockrooms. I like the system the way it is, even if I've lost stuff due to it before.

Gold I typically return to people.

• edited February 2019
    I can't say what happened to me today in polite company. God damn it. Not a rant at and was in fact a pleasure, but I forget how quick on your feet some of you are and I walked into it. 

• edited February 2019
    I owe Hashan 100k for the guards, but it was worth it! Veilios and I were the only two left, and I figured it was worth a shot:

Summoned guards, they did their job and cleared out the Ashtani. RIP now though.

Timestamp: 3:30:30 You begin the arduous process of dismantling a metal tank radiating waves of heat.
    Wisps of steam rise from a metal tank radiating waves of heat.

You have recovered balance on all limbs. (3.569s)

(Market): Kuririn says, "Cfs."

(Party): Veilios says, "Nice Zhedan! I was shooting loki in and out of Phase haha."

(Party): Rhydian says, "Astarod back in."

(Party): Rhydian says, "Before manor."

Wisps of steam rise from a metal tank radiating waves of heat.

Astarod flickers into existence.

(Party): Veilios says, "Targeting: Astarod."

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Astarod.

Astarod ceases to wield a Shield of Absorption in his right hand.
    Astarod ceases to wield a scythe of shadows in his left hand.
    Astarod begins to wield a Shield of Absorption in his left hand.
    Astarod begins to wield a scythe of shadows in his right hand.
    Astarod's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Drawing himself up to his full height, Astarod speaks a terrible word of power.
    The piercing sound sends a spike of agony into your brain, threatening to rob you of conscious
    thought.
    Astarod clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.

Astarod takes a long drag off his pipe.

Astarod takes a drink from a black-walnut vial.

Astarod reaches past you, plunging Gattan'lier's hunger into your shadow.
    A sudden sense of foreboding comes over you.
    Astarod ceases to wield a scythe of shadows in his right hand.
    Astarod ceases to wield a Shield of Absorption in his left hand.
    Astarod begins to wield a scythe of shadows in his left hand.
    Astarod begins to wield a Shield of Absorption in his right hand.
    Astarod delivers a lightning-fast strike to you with a scythe of shadows.
    A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
    As the weapon strikes you, unnatural green flame ignites upon the blade.
    You gasp as your fine-tuned reflexes disappear into a haze of confusion.

A grey distortion coalesces about the blade of a scythe of shadows, held by Astarod.
    Astarod grows older before your eyes.
    Astarod delivers a lightning-fast strike to you with a scythe of shadows.
    The world seems to grow distorted around you, as if through a thick fog.
    As the weapon strikes you, you feel your sanity slipping away.
    Your sanity begins to escape you.
    The idea of heights makes you queasy suddenly.

(svof): System unpaused.
    Timestamp: 3:32:22 You cease dismantling the tank.

How long does it take to dismantle a tank? Two minutes? Fun fights Ashtan!
  • edited February 2019
    Whistling benignly, a court constable enters from the east.
    Whistling benignly, a court constable enters from the west.
    Whistling benignly, a court constable enters from the east.
    I was like, damn, we dead! Can't believe we killed four. Honestly, you had the best attitude I've seen Hashan have in awhile. You had no salt with whatever we threw at you. Hell, you successfully guarded us and shattered our defense. Only reason we were able to mobilize so fast was shaman rezz. You were so non-toxic to interact with, I wasn't even salty with dying to guards. Props @Zhedan, don't let anyone say you didn't try today. 

It was close tho. NGL. 

EDIT: Walked over two friendly bodys to get to you, feelsbadman.
    17:32:11 [System]: Prepended DISW to your eqbal queue.
    17:32:11 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: DISW
    17:32:11 You displace yourself through time.
    17:32:11 Foyer of a tidy manor. (indoors)
    17:32:11 A rune like a lightning bolt has been sketched into the ground here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A glamour preserves Ashtan in squalor and splendour alike. There are 2 charred chariots here. There are 2 arrows in 2 groups here. Livery stained red with blood, the corpse of a court constable is here. The twisted remains of Urok lie here. An unnatural darkness cloaks the location.
    17:32:11 You see exits leading east (open door), south, west, and up.

17:32:12 [System]: Prepended DISS to your eqbal queue.

17:32:12 The effects of your time manipulation fade somewhat, leaving you only aged by 90 years.

17:32:12 You may eat another plant or mineral.

17:32:13 You may drink another health or mana elixir.

17:32:13 
    17:32:13 You have recovered equilibrium.
    17:32:13 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: DISS
    17:32:13 There is no door to the south.
    17:32:13 You displace yourself through time.
    17:32:13 Comfortable sitting room. (indoors)
    17:32:13 A rune like a lightning bolt has been sketched into the ground here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A noble hippogriff flaps its wings in agitation here. Watered-down blood surrounds the lifeless form of a lake fairy. Great waves of heat radiate from a metal tank, a torrent of flames raging within. The twisted remains of Nokan lie here. An unnatural darkness cloaks the location. Builder Zhedan is here, focusing on dismantling a metal tank. His face is partially concealed beneath the raised hood of a knight's cloak of stygian wool. He wields a Scimitar of Falcons in each hand.
    17:32:13 You see a single exit leading north.

17:32:14 You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.

17:32:14 [System]: Prepended CDC to your eqbal queue.

17:32:16 (Party): Nakhti says, "Portal?"

17:32:16 
    17:32:16 You have recovered equilibrium.
    17:32:16 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: CDC
    17:32:16 Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    17:32:16 Imbuing your voice with power, you intone, "Tooros".
    17:32:16 Zhedan clutches at his head, face contorted in pain.
    17:32:16 The piercing sound sends a spike of agony into your brain, threatening to rob you of conscious thought.
    17:32:16 Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.

17:32:16 You take a long drag of malachite off your pipe.

17:32:16 You take a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    17:32:16 Your mind feels stronger and more alert.

17:32:17 The effects of your time manipulation fade somewhat, leaving you only aged by 40 years.

17:32:17 Your lungs have recovered enough to smoke another mineral or plant.

17:32:18 Your target is now: Zhedan (an adventurer)

17:32:18 (Party): You say, "Target: zhedan."

17:32:18 [System]: Prepended CDR to your eqbal queue.
    17:32:18 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: CDR
    17:32:18 There is no door to the west.
    17:32:18 ATTUNED: Zhedan
    17:32:18 You unleash a vicious reaping blow at Zhedan with a scythe of shadows.
    17:32:18 Horror overcomes Zhedan's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    17:32:18 As the weapon strikes Zhedan, the contact area begins to rot before your eyes.

17:32:18 Zhedan's MANA is at 97.46300211416491%!!!

17:32:18 You glance over Zhedan and see that his health is at 4897/5740.

17:32:19 
    17:32:19 You have recovered equilibrium.

17:32:19 [System]: Prepended BLMR to your eqbal queue.

17:32:20 You may drink another health or mana elixir.

17:32:20 
    17:32:20 You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    17:32:20 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: BLMR
    17:32:20 The shadow of Zhedan has already been attuned to that.
    17:32:20 Bending your will upon a scythe of shadows, you corrupt the weapon's timestream.
    17:32:20 As you push your aeonic might beyond its limits, you feel yourself grow older.
    17:32:20 You have now aged yourself by 390 years.
    17:32:20 Focusing upon a scythe of shadows, you instill it with the directive of madness.
    17:32:20 INSTILLED: madness
    17:32:20 You unleash a vicious reaping blow at Zhedan with a scythe of shadows.
    17:32:20 TIMELOOPED: Zhedan
    17:32:20 As the weapon strikes Zhedan, his face grows vacant and he begins to tremble.
    17:32:20 [Zhedan TIMELOOOPED]

17:32:20 Zhedan's MANA is at 97.46300211416491%!!!

17:32:20 (Party): You say, "Timeloop on Zhedan."

17:32:20 You glance over Zhedan and see that his health is at 4211/5740.

17:32:21 [System]: Prepended CDR to your eqbal queue.

17:32:21 Zhedan eats a bloodroot leaf.

17:32:21 Zhedan takes a long drag off his pipe.

17:32:21 Zhedan takes a drink from a black-walnut vial.

17:32:21 
    17:32:21 You have recovered equilibrium.

17:32:21 A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Zhedan.

17:32:22 [System]: Prepended CDC to your eqbal queue.

17:32:23 
    17:32:23 You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    17:32:23 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: CDC
    17:32:23 Focusing upon a scythe of shadows, you instill it with the directive of degeneration.
    17:32:23 INSTILLED: degeneration
    17:32:23 You have not recovered enough to intone another word of power.
    17:32:23 You lay into Zhedan with a vicious blow from a scythe of shadows.
    17:32:23 Horror overcomes Zhedan's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    17:32:23 As the weapon strikes Zhedan, the contact area begins to rot before your eyes.
    17:32:23 [Zhedan TIMELOOOPED]
    17:32:23 The face of Zhedan contorts in pain.

17:32:23 Zhedan eats some irid moss.

17:32:23 You glance over Zhedan and see that his health is at 3285/5740.

17:32:23 Zhedan's MANA is at 95.45454545454545%!!!

17:32:23 Zhedan eats a bloodroot leaf.

17:32:23 You see Builder Zhedan yell, "Help! Help!"
    17:32:23 Zhedan exhales loudly.

17:32:23 MADNESS ATTUNED: Zhedan

17:32:23 [System]: Prepended CLR to your eqbal queue.

17:32:24 
    17:32:24 You have recovered equilibrium.

17:32:24 [System]: Prepended CDC to your eqbal queue.

17:32:24 You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.

17:32:24 Zhedan eats a bellwort flower.

17:32:25 The effects of your time manipulation fade somewhat, leaving you only aged by 340 years.

17:32:25 
    17:32:25 You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    17:32:25 [System]: Running queued eqbal command: CDC
    17:32:25 You have not recovered enough to intone another word of power.
    17:32:25 Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    17:32:25 You lay into Zhedan with a vicious blow from a scythe of shadows.
    17:32:25 Horror overcomes Zhedan's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    17:32:25 The face of Zhedan contorts in pain.

17:32:25 You take a long drag of malachite off your pipe.

17:32:25 You glance over Zhedan and see that his health is at 1109/5740.

17:32:25 Zhedan's MANA is at 95.45454545454545%!!!

17:32:25 You take a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    17:32:25 Your mind feels stronger and more alert.

17:32:26 A nearly invisible magical shield forms around Zhedan.

17:32:26 Zhedan takes a drink from a black-walnut vial.

17:32:26 Zhedan eats a bloodroot leaf.

17:32:26 Zhedan is gripped with fear, staring out with terrified eyes.
    17:32:26 MADNESS: Zhedan agoraphobia
    17:32:26 ATTUNED: Zhedan stupidity

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • One minute.
  • You tear open a decorated sleeve and readily pull a playing card featuring Belladona,
    Queen of Vampires from within!

You tear open a decorated sleeve and readily pull a playing card featuring Belladona,

You tear open a decorated sleeve and readily pull a playing card featuring Belladona,

*grumble grumble*
  • With expert precision, you draw Flowing Mirror from its scabbard and unleash a vicious slash towards a dream horror.
    You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a dream horror, retrieving the corpse.
    A wisp of dark smoke quickly escapes from a dream horror, dispersing into the air.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 102.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 4th Heir to Ashaxei's Legacy.
    A smooth sable shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • Have/Had an event to do.  Kept checking DATE to see and it kept saying it was later today at 10pm...   Just logged in, missed the damn date, no one is around for me to know if the event went off.  So frustrating that 6 hours ago it wasn't accurate.

• Feeshed, and socialized a bit in the orchard.

Whoever animated the knight livened up the evening. It was greatly appreciated.  =)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Drawing back a horrific, igneous bastard sword, you unleash a flesh-mincing blow at a flower maiden.
    You have slain a flower maiden, retrieving the corpse.
    You have learned new Attainment abilities: Multiclass and Sustenance.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 80.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Logosian.
    You have received 20 Bound Credits!
    A jagged crimson shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Finally after some deaths during raids and some from just hunting during lag i can cross that off my goals.

• [What happened to me today (and yesterday)]

1. RP

2. Divine encouragement (to make a necklace from the extremity of oathbreakers)

3. Divine tip on how to keep the above from rotting

4. Finally got my adorable, terrier-sized, rat-eating crystal spiderling. So much d'awww

5. RP