How many lives can you have?

I have noticed that many other combatants have ways of resurrecting themselves aside from a Starburst tattoo. My question is, what is the maximum number of lives currently possibly for a player? Which items grant these abilities?

Comments

• Five.

Starburst that’s active, starburst that’s inked, starburst flask, gem of reincarnation, class based rez (DW)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • The double starburst thing was done away with a long time ago.
  • 5 is low if you are clever at running

[class burst ala soulcage] starburst > flask > burst > gem > rosethorn/other room burst > class cd [mog, dwalker] > new burst (if the fight is STILL GOING and you can slip away) > dead.

that’s far more than practical, honestly the most I’ve burned through is 7 as infernal. It’s more advantageous to burst and drop an eye if you get someone twice (or three times if you see flask). Keeping souls in the room really helps prevent those return fighters (and keep mono/hard hinder down if they have a way to be summoned out).
  • Vinzent said:
    The double starburst thing was done away with a long time ago.
    Oh good call, forgot about the single starburst thing.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • With how many ink stained roses I have, my limit is about 40 right now. 

• This may be a bit going off more than the question asked, but if you're wondering why people come back that many times, it's because while you're killing the person with 3/4/5 lives, the people with 1 or 2 lives are still chewing through your team. This is why sometimes it's best not to target someone like Farrah or a DW if they can run (which is why I still get targeted with 3 lives lol). However, the general rule I can offer you is three. Very rarely is someone coming back from three deaths. However, if someone leaves the room for about a minute, there's a good chance they inked a starburst if they're an upper midbie or higher. 

Just things to think about. You're doing great for being new to this- keep up the good work!

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."