Death Talisman Shop

2»

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2019
    What are you even saying? You overpaid for things because you were impatient? So did I. That's what impatience does. I'm not sitting over here throwing a tantrum and making a fool of myself on the forums about it though.

It was an instant-gratification surcharge.

If that is not what you are salty about, sorry. In that case, I am not really sure what your argument is.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I’m salty because paid content is now generic content. It’s done though the admins decide what they think is best for this game. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
  • edited February 2019
    Laodoke said:
    I’m salty because paid content is now generic content. It’s done though the admins decide what they think is best for this game. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
    It's still just as "paid" though. It depends on OOC money about as much as it did before. The only changes are that the supply is now infinite and the prices are stable.

It did become easier to buy the talismans with IG credits. But only because you don't need to search for pieces and there's an upper limit on the cost; that makes it easier to buy with OOC money too, it has nothing to do with IG credits specifically.

In fact, I'm sure the goal here is for the change to result in more money being spent than before.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2019
    Talismans have really never been one-of-a-kind unique. They are not auction items. I had no problem picking up a death cape on 2 different characters. If I was willing to pay, I had no trouble finding any of the talismans. The only thing holding people back was finding particular pieces. 

They were never meant to be owned exclusively by the Cool Kids Club(tm) and this change essentially removes your ability to profiteer from people's frustration. If you want a unique, exclusive artefact, win an auction. Otherwise, sit down and let rational people rave about a good change.

Also, I don't really know where you get the idea that it's "generic" content. People still pay for them just like they do anything else.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I did win 2 auctions this last time. My profiteering was pretty much selling every piece for redeem because I wasn't greedy. Though no longer investing in promos just saves me money anyhow. 
  • I feel that with the new system, the worst elements of the complete gacha system are finally mitigated. And I think that by adding this the admins have also indirectly added a gold sink because the CFS market might not be entirely about moving money from hand to hand, but also purging some credits (and their gold value) into a system shop.

Will it affect credit inflation? Maybe, not sure in which direction, but we'll have to see. Still, a very positive change for the MUD.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm not sure I agree with it lowering credit prices, but it may induce people to buy OOC credits, which adds to the city coffers.

• Does the tradein value also affect the talismans that previously completed before this change?
  • If you paid more than 1500 for a cape, you were furiously impatient, one of the first owners, or got had. 1500 is higher than I would have priced it, but it’s not terrible. Besides, it is 375-750 depending on how many pieces you can get, and it will also drain duplicates of crap pieces like thread.

this change is only good, if you think it’s bad you need to improve how you trade/deal, I sell some things at a loss to help people and still profit.
  • All* credits, bound or unbound, is rooted in some way to OOC currency. So selling stuff for credits is still "paid" content.

*The single exception I can think of are admin-run contests with credit rewards.
     <3 
  • Laodoke said:
    I’m salty because paid content is now generic content. It’s done though the admins decide what they think is best for this game. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
    Same thing has happened to the value of my artefacts with the introduction of talismans that make it easier for everyone to get arty powers, and then again when they just up and changed the purpose/use of arties, or I woke up and found a couple deleted (RIP MIND PARALYSE). Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it isnt a big deal, sometimes it really does need to be done.

• Caelan said:
    Laodoke said:
    Same thing has happened to the value of my artefacts with the introduction of talismans that make it easier for everyone to get arty powers, and then again when they just up and changed the purpose/use of arties, or I woke up and found a couple deleted (RIP MIND PARALYSE). Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it isnt a big deal, sometimes it really does need to be done.
    Fuck. Torc.
  • Riell said:
    Caelan said:
    Laodoke said:
    Fuck. Torc.
    No you.

• I can not find the damn shop!  Is it up by all the other artefact shops in Delos?
  • Evanston said:
    I can not find the damn shop!  Is it up by all the other artefact shops in Delos?
    Yes. If you go to the very north-most room, then go southwest, it should be a northwest exit from that room.
  • Worked like a charm!  Thank you @Antonius