Death Talisman Shop

edited February 2019 in North of Thera
From   : Nicola
To     : Everyone
Subject: It All Ends In Death!

I was going to title this post The Grand Experiment, but I couldn't resist a good, doom-filled death
quote.

But this is still a big experiment!

We've long been unhappy by the spread of talisman items in the game, the frustrations the cache
system causes, and the problems created by scarcity and rarity. We're going to try something a bit 
different! We do take the alteration of any system that involves your money very seriously, we 
always strive to ensure satisfaction by as much of the playerbase as possible, and we always aim to 
promote game health wherever we can.

In a new shop in Delos, the Death talisman set is on sale for bound credits.

Each is a complete item and will be bound to you on purchase.

If you purchase one and later regret it, these can be traded in like normal for the usual 2/3rds
adjustment of the purchase amount.

But this is not the only change! We know that many people already have one or more pieces from the
Death set, and we don't want to render these worthless.

If you have two or three pieces of a talisman in the Death set, you can:
 TALISMAN COMPLETE PARTIAL <talismanname>
to complete it for the remainder of the bound credit value of the item as it is in the Delosian
Talisman shop.

DOING THIS WILL COMPLETE THE TALISMAN AND BIND IT TO YOU.

Talismans completed in this manner will have an altered tradein that reflects their credit worth,
including the credit-purchased completion.

E.G You have: cruciblebase and cruciblebowl.
    You use TALISMAN COMPLETE PARTIAL CRUCIBLE and pay 500 bound credits.
       This is half the cost of the crucible in the shop because you already have half of the pieces
    You get: a completed soulfire crucible talisman.
    This item has a tradein value of: 346 bound credits.
        This is 2/3rds of 520 credits (the 500 credits paid above, plus your 2 pieces valued at 10
credits each.)

You are also still free to trade these talisman pieces around, so if you only have one piece of a
Death talisman, you can ask around to try and get two in order to be able to complete your partial 
collection.

HELP DEATH TALISMANS now exists with all this information, and the specifics of the set.

All of the above ONLY applies to the DEATH talisman set at this time.

Provided that this experiment works out the way that we hope, we'll be looking to make the Delosian
Talisman Shop's stock rotate to offer a different talisman set each (RL) month!

If you have any questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to ask via ISSUE ME or email us
directly at support@achaea.com !

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 15th of Phaestian, in the year 792 AF.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    For those at work who cannot check the prices/shop!

Proprietor: Merentesh.
    --------(Item)------(Description)------------------(Stock)--(Price)
           cape371053 a sycophantic shoulder cape                  10    1500cr
           bugle363752 Death's Call                                          10    1850cr
           crucible367189 a soulfire crucible                              10    1000cr
           gravestone370496 a lichen-mottled gravestone         10     900cr
           candle369304 a candle of cessation                           10     450cr
           talon371135 a vulture's talon                                     10     350cr
           loop371185 a spiralled loop of mortal coil                 10     250cr
           dummy371560 a cowled practice dummy                   10      50cr
  • Sounds good to just release all the content we previously paid $$$ for instead of just this ONE set. 
  • edited February 2019
    This is an awesome change. 

But very painful considering I just got my cape velvet the other day. And spent waaaay more than the 375 I would have paid to complete a partial with the 3 pieces I had been holding for 4 months. 

Ah well. At least it's still an amazing talisman, regardless of what I paid. 

• What did you pay for the other pieces though? Was it around 1500 in total?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Laodoke said:
    Sounds good to just release all the content we previously paid $$$ for instead of just this ONE set. 

Vika said:
    Provided that this experiment works out the way that we hope, we'll be looking to make the Delosian
    Talisman Shop's stock rotate to offer a different talisman set each (RL) month!
    shh calm down
     <3 
  • edited February 2019
    Sobriquet said:
    What did you pay for the other pieces though? Was it around 1500 in total?
    More than that unfortunately. I can't remember exactly what I paid for the other pieces, but in the end I probably paid between 1800 and 2000. haha  :#

In my defense, I waited so long for a velvet to hit the market that I didn't want to miss it. And I had to convince someone to break a completed one to get it. 

• Oh. It was you that bought that one! Ouch.. 

• Think mine cost around ~1200 total. Like 450-500 or so of that was the velvet.

• Sure cause it’s totally logical for me to be charged for stuff that people are now getting without paying. Not a rip off at all. 
  • Lol.   

• Not sure where you think most bound credits come from if not the website...
  • Laodoke said:
    Sure cause it’s totally logical for me to be charged for stuff that people are now getting without paying. Not a rip off at all. 
    Aside from the fact i dont understsnd your comnent at all, you said yourself you didn't spend anything, you just got others to, no?

I think the cape being 1500 is about right

• My ninjas this is everything

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited February 2019
    Sobriquet said:

I think the cape being 1500 is about right
    Seems reasonable. Most people paid somewhere between 1000 and 1700, so... 

Also, it's one of, if not the best hunting artifact in the game, no?

Sobriquet said:

Oh. It was you that bought that one! Ouch..
    Yup... Waiting would have realistically saved me around 675 credits. haha
     But that's my own fault!  ;)

• Laodoke said:
    Sure cause it’s totally logical for me to be charged for stuff that people are now getting without paying. Not a rip off at all. 
    Uh, I have to pay about $500 straight out if I want it as of right now. I feel like you don't understand economics or marketing at a basic capacity. IRE is going to benefit a great deal from people who want to bash endgame+ (in lesser)  with cape, and we'll benefit by having an open market.

I think veil and diadem still cost more. So this is super generous of the adminn
  • Veil is 2500, pretty sure a diadem is 1000.
  • @Sobriquet I have thrown out thousands of my own money AND I have paid people to buy them for me. @Vika I understand marketing just fine. It is totally possible for people to save up through ic means I do that all the time as well. Not just hunting, there is mining, ship trades, tons of other means. I’m still cranky I wasted all that money for this to be how it turned out. If you want to buy it through the website you are paying too, there are absolutely people that don’t buy credits and those that turned their purchases to ic investments to gain more and never really have to buy again. It’s the fact they set the precedent of you have to buy from our promo to get this cool thing. It benefits plenty of people. I’m sure it will make the game better for a lot of people. Feels like a loss though. If I would of had a way to buy these ic then I wouldn’t have blew my money. 
  • Yeah but out the gate you were buying globes to your account in exchange for credits, then flipped them or unlocked them. Vila specifically gave you over 30 globes and that funded my original 2 scimitars and level 1 regeneration/health/sip. So you never worked up from nothing, you're essentially Trump saying you had a modest beginning of a 1 million credit loan.

I'm not digging at you. In fact I probably wouldn't be artieed out if you never bought globes higher than everyone else. But you definitely have deep pockets, and didn't earn every credit from IG methods. Or at least I see no way when I remember you as a Priest without your Auroran mace, anyways.

This works for everyone, including you in the long run in my opinion.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I can't remember how much I spent on my cape, but I think this is a great step.

I'm not as active as I'd like to be, but I'm still keeping my elite running, There may come a time when another talisman that I find interesting ticks around and then I'll have the funds for it.

• I’ve bought credits on every form. Retired a few forms too some storylines just die. Maybe I will feel different eventually. Guess I mise well buy that cape too if it’s gonna be this way. 
  • omfg i can finally get an olive branch one day
  • Laodoke said:
    If you want to buy it through the website you are paying too, there are absolutely people that don’t buy credits and those that turned their purchases to ic investments to gain more and never really have to buy again.
    And how does that differ from the old system? Why is earning credits IG to buy from the talisman shop worse than earning credits IG to buy from another player? Sure, someone had to pay for the pieces in the first place before you could buy them IG, but then most credits also originate from credit purchases.
  • Sena said:
    Laodoke said:
    If you want to buy it through the website you are paying too, there are absolutely people that don’t buy credits and those that turned their purchases to ic investments to gain more and never really have to buy again.
    And how does that differ from the old system? Why is earning credits IG to buy from the talisman shop worse than earning credits IG to buy from another player? Sure, someone had to pay for the pieces in the first place before you could buy them IG, but then most credits also originate from credit purchases.
    Because the credits aren't going to her, obviously.

• Because I’ve had to waste my money for shit that is now available IG. Pyori you aren’t even worth responding to anymore.
  • Laodoke said:
    Because I’ve had to waste my money for shit that is now available IG. Pyori you aren’t even worth responding to anymore.
    And yet here you are, responding to me.
    Sorry that you can't help being wrong.

• Was a statement that was more polite than fuck off. 
  • edited February 2019
    And again... I guess I am worth it!