[Mudlet] Another denizen targeting script

Comments

• They added 'Polymath' to attainment, it's probably not on the 'ignore this ability' on the list so it gets pulled into the tables and then that messes up

• Nope, Polymath is in there:
    local nonBattlerageAttainmentSkills = {
    	"Prevail",
    	"Portals",
    	"Battlerage",
    	"Market",
    	"Battle",
    	"Limitedportals",
    	"Independence",
    	"Embrace",
    	"Tradeskills",
    	"Theft",
    	"Craftsmanship",
    	"Multiclass",
    	"Sustenance",
    	"Dragonhood",
    	"Polymath",
    }

• If that was the issue I think it wouldn't use the battlerage abilities properly at all? In my case it works fine after I hit the reconnect button and it appears to reset or something. I can open an issue in github about this if you want, I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem... Is there a way to reset the basher as if I had just connected again with a function or something?

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
    A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"

• Mine isn't actually using any battlerage abilities at all. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yet because I don't want to lose all of my target lists. I've tried exporting but apparently I don't know what I'm doing with that either. 
  • Erikka said:
    If that was the issue I think it wouldn't use the battlerage abilities properly at all? In my case it works fine after I hit the reconnect button and it appears to reset or something. I can open an issue in github about this if you want, I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem... Is there a way to reset the basher as if I had just connected again with a function or something?
    Can you log into the nexus client and check if the buttons change correctly when you change form or if they stay the same? The basher relies on those buttons to be correct for using battlerage and there is or has been a long-standing bug that they don't/didn't update correctly when changing forms.

Galyleo said:
    Mine isn't actually using any battlerage abilities at all. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yet because I don't want to lose all of my target lists. I've tried exporting but apparently I don't know what I'm doing with that either. 
    Target lists stay between removing and reinstalling the script. Which version of the script are you using? The number is given at the bottom of "kconfig bashing"
  • keneanung: Version: 1.9-pre-ae01b23-moveBattlerageToAttainment

I didn't know that it would stay between removing and reinstalling the script, it's why I haven't done it. Knowing that though, I might try reinstalling it just to see if that works. I've been trying to code something around it to deal with the system not using battlerage skills, however I haven't gotten far into it... or rather I kind of just gave up and decided to focus more on my offense for pvp than dealing with my battlerage issue.
  • You should definitely try and update to the latest pre-release, we've made quite some changes since then. And once you confirmed it working/not working, you should definitely report back if it's working as expected or not!
  • I will! Thank you for the help!
  • It's working now it seems! Thank you @Keneanung!
  • @Keneanung I tested it and it seems that the buttons change when I go from serpent to dragon and dragon to serpent, but not elemental... but it updates again once I change to dragon or to serpent once more... maybe that's why it is breaking things up.
    But still even when I change to dragon from serpent or serpent from dragon, the basher still doesn't use the battlerage abilities. It detects the new battlerage abilities just won't use them for some reason.

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
    A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"

• Which version of the basher do you use? It'll be at the bottom of kconfig bashing.
  • edited January 2019
    My version is:
    keneanung: Version: 1.9-pre-f03eff0-moveBattlerageToAttainmentIREButtonActions

• I've been having a problem with it trying to break shields whenever it can after Drain has been used even though there isn't a shield in sight. Any ideas?

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/f9MDDWi2
  • I've been having the same issue with Psion, it tries to use my battlerage shield attack when no shield was put up by the denizen.
  • If you read back through this thread, you'll find that the issue with Psion is that the shield break attack is not in the some place in Attainment as every other shield break attack.

I think there's a fix in this thread somewhere, but I'm not sure!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm getting this message when trying to initiate attacking a target which hasn't been added to the prio list:

keneanung: Nothing to target, boss.

Is there a way to fix this? Doesn't seem to be recognizing my target. I've tried with manual targeting both on and off.

• Been trying to use this for a while now and for the most part it works, I only have one minor problem: it keeps parsing whenever I start killing. I also keep getting this error: 
      [ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<keneanung.bashing.vitalsChangeRecord>
            <...et/profiles/Achaea - Jakiro Druid\Bashing\script.lua:1720: attempt to index field '?' 
    (a nil value)>

Not sure how I would fix this as I don't really understand code that much.
  • Since there is nothing immediately wrong I can see, which version do you use?
  • Version: 1.9-pre-f03eff0-moveBattlerageToAttainmentIREButtonActions is what's written in kconfig bashing

I tried installing it on a new profile and the parsing thing doesn't seem to be happening. I think something in my profile is messing with it. I'll have to do some digging around but thanks for replying!
  • What do you mean with "parsing"? That above is simply an error and has nothing to do with parsing. Is there anything else coming up? Or anything right at startup?
  • This: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6LnX4cZb

I get that everytime I push F2 on a new room. I don't know if it's related to the error I'm getting in the error logs though, just thought I should mention it as well.
  • I see... You don't have the script installed twice, do you?
  • Nope. I -think- I may have solved the problem but I don't know how it solved it or why it was interfering with your script. Basically I just disabled script groups one by one until I narrowed down the problem to this script in my Tabbed chat addon:
    function demonnic_skillsList()<br> local group = gmcp.Char.Skills.List.group<br> local list = gmcp.Char.Skills.List.list<br> if group then<br> if not demonnic.skills then demonnic.skills = {} end<br> demonnic.skills[group] = list<br> raiseEvent("demonnicSkillFilled", group)<br> end<br>end

Would you mind explaining why it affected your script? I have very limited knowledge in coding and I feel this might be outside of what I currently understand. Thanks in advance!

• If you also regularly request the skill list that would explain a lot. That bit of code doesn't interfere with the bashing script, but other things that interact (or specifically re-request skills) might.

The bashing script configures how to use battlerage from the gmcp skill messages and every time it gets the skill list for "attainment" it clears its internal cache and re-requests the details for the skills invisibly to you in the background. Every time the skill info is loaded completely, you get the "parsing" message.

I hope this explains this not-technical enough :smile:

• edited July 2019
    Thanks! It's a bit clearer now at least. Btw, I pasted the wrong script. Here's the one that I disabled:

function demonnic_skillGroups()
      demonnic.skills = {}
      for _,extra in ipairs(gmcp.Char.Skills.Groups) do
        skillstring = string.format("Char.Skills.Get %s", yajl.to_string({group=extra.name}))
        sendGMCP(skillstring)
      end
      send("\n")
    end

I've since disabled it. If I understood you correctly, since this script had the gmcp.Char.Skills.Grpups as event handler and did -- sendGMCP(skillstring) -- each time it fired, this is what caused the bashing script to parse all the time?
  • Might be that they triggered each other all the time, yes. If you want/need this script, you may be able to skip the attainment entry and everything should work as well, because the bashing script only reacts to attainment as well.
  • Hi! I'm being spammed in my errors log with the following error, this is happening for the majority of the 'register callbacks' folder. Does anyone have any idea how to solve? Thank you

object:<event handler function> function:<keneanung.bashing.vitalsChangeRecord>
    <...fig/mudlet/profiles/MaralonWunder\Bashing\script.lua:1663: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)>
  • There was a semi-recent change to GMCP when you have the blackout affliction so it doesn't send all of the values that it did in the past. May want to check to see if the errors in the log correspond with being afflicted with that.
  • Thank you for the response Antonius but unfortunately not, it happens consistently for as long as the script is running so I'm struggling to narrow down the cause... I'm getting ~6 errors per second because of it.
  • If it's a new profile check that GMCP is enabled in Settings. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.