capturing multiple lines from nexus?

I've been trying to make triggers based on lists, or things in multiple lines. One example is:

while sailing past a ship, to scan it and then say aloud to other people on board who's on that ship, so they know that there's no trouble, or to get ready for a fight?  The lines looks like this when I do shipscan:

Aboard <SHIP> , you see:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name 1
Name 2
Name 3

Then I want to say <name 1>, <name 2>, and <name 3> are on board <ship>. 

I'm no good at advanced coding like this, but I'd love if something like this were possible. Thanks!

Comments

• I've tried to do this exact thing and haven't been able to get it to work using simplified scripting. 

My trigger text was: 
    Aboard (.+), you see:/n--------------------------------------------------------------------------------/n<per1>/n<per2>/n<per3>

My command was: 
    pt Aboard @1, you see @per1 and @per2 and @per3

It isn't working and I'm not sure if it's the new line stuff or if new line triggers can be done that way. 
  • The onBlock function is called every time a prompt is printed, and would capture that block response nicely. I have a big extended onBlock function that handles minerals, plants, and similar stuff. It would be a great pattern for your ship message here. I just don't know anything about ships, so I'd have to see a screen capture or log for what you're trying to do to give you more detailed advice.
  • Rinnai said:
    The onBlock function is called every time a prompt is printed, and would capture that block response nicely. I have a big extended onBlock function that handles minerals, plants, and similar stuff. It would be a great pattern for your ship message here. I just don't know anything about ships, so I'd have to see a screen capture or log for what you're trying to do to give you more detailed advice.
    Can you post a picture of an example of this in nexus reflexes?
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."