Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

capturing multiple lines from nexus?

MarloMarlo Member Posts: 3
I've been trying to make triggers based on lists, or things in multiple lines. One example is:

while sailing past a ship, to scan it and then say aloud to other people on board who's on that ship, so they know that there's no trouble, or to get ready for a fight?  The lines looks like this when I do shipscan:

Aboard <SHIP> , you see:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name 1
Name 2
Name 3

Then I want to say <name 1>, <name 2>, and <name 3> are on board <ship>. 

I'm no good at advanced coding like this, but I'd love if something like this were possible. Thanks!

Comments

• LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I've tried to do this exact thing and haven't been able to get it to work using simplified scripting. 

My trigger text was: 
    Aboard (.+), you see:/n--------------------------------------------------------------------------------/n<per1>/n<per2>/n<per3>

My command was: 
    pt Aboard @1, you see @per1 and @per2 and @per3

It isn't working and I'm not sure if it's the new line stuff or if new line triggers can be done that way. 
  • RinnaiRinnai Member Posts: 11
    The onBlock function is called every time a prompt is printed, and would capture that block response nicely. I have a big extended onBlock function that handles minerals, plants, and similar stuff. It would be a great pattern for your ship message here. I just don't know anything about ships, so I'd have to see a screen capture or log for what you're trying to do to give you more detailed advice.
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Rinnai said:
    The onBlock function is called every time a prompt is printed, and would capture that block response nicely. I have a big extended onBlock function that handles minerals, plants, and similar stuff. It would be a great pattern for your ship message here. I just don't know anything about ships, so I'd have to see a screen capture or log for what you're trying to do to give you more detailed advice.
    Can you post a picture of an example of this in nexus reflexes?
     The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
Sign In to Comment.