If you could change one thing about a class... what would it be?

edited January 2019 in North of Thera
I was thinking about classleads and wondered if anyone else had things they'd change if they could, (no questions asked) about a certain class. It can be anything, just try to justify why. Anything about terminus is appreciated!
The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Bard's lack of class-based hinder. There was a classlead last time round that looked like it might do something, but it's not happened. Maybe it'll happen soon™

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I'd probably give Paladin access to Inquisition in Devotion, rather than it being only a Priest ability.
  • Make holocausts area-wide damage. Fair and balanced
  • Would go Benjamin Button on depthwalkers, as you consume age you get younger, max age is how old your character is. Gl 18yo depthwalkers,  ;)
  • Scion: Make them not completely garbage at hunting.
    Depthswalker: Make them not completely garbage at hunting.
    Neither have to be Bard/Serpent levels of hunting, just not completely garbage thanks. Pls stop making new classes that have SnB levels of shit hunting.

• Pyori said:
    Scion: Make them not completely garbage at hunting.

Bitch, ya best be watchin' yer m... oh you meant Psion.  Carry on

• Make every class equal bashers, like the new bashing system -intended-. idk why the admin just threw up their hands and went "lols oh well" after realising they recreated the problem they were trying to fix, on another scale
  • edited January 2019
    Aegoth said:
     idk why the admin just threw up their hands and went "lols oh well" after realising they recreated the problem they were trying to fix, on another scale
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Caelan said:
    Pyori said:
    Scion: Make them not completely garbage at hunting.

Bitch, ya best be watchin' yer m... oh you meant Psion.  Carry on
    Too much PoE.

• Change the flavour of Psionics so that it feels actually tied in with saar-elan and the rest of the class' lore, instead of just being Aldar telepathy.

That, or changing flail kill path on dwb so that it can't kill 90% of the game's population unavoidably off of a two limb setup.
  • Change some classes to be actually dedicated healers with little offensive capability.  Priests for example.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • More class flavor to the Serpent skills other than Subterfuge. Venom and hypnosis are little more than two lines of flavor text apiece. Each skillset is an RP aspect of Serpent but the individual abilities are basically a list of afflictions plus "You can do this better now" . 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Torinn said:
    Change some classes to be actually dedicated healers with little offensive capability.  Priests for example.
    That's exactly what Priest was a long time ago and most didn't like it.

• Cooper said:
    Torinn said:
    Change some classes to be actually dedicated healers with little offensive capability.  Priests for example.
    Well, I think the problem is the same as Jesters in group combat.. it's helpful, but at the end of the day a lot of people would rather play fighter than anything else tbh
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Then they should rethink their choice of class.
  • CLASSLEAD SHOW 45 (I hope that's the psion discern one, can't log in atm to check)
    Sometimes dreams do come true!

Real talk: give magi a alternative to one of their skills like monks have, but which lets them not be a limb class. I want to cast spells, not cast staffwhack. Sylvans get to choose limbs or magic and I'm jealous :anguished:

• Let me customize my golem like knights can their falcons.
  • Instakill for runewarden

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Instakill for runewarden
    Yeah psion I think ruined that.... penwize tanked a 21 str broken torso DSB from me.

I would want to change things back to different class purposes again too. Not every class should be based around pk... I miss alchemist/druids being the merchant type classes
  • He tanked a 21 from me with 800h, had a TF. Most likely had one for you too.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited January 2019
    Cooper said:
    Torinn said:
    The Meta has changed a lot, I think there is room and purpose for it now.  I enjoy playing support classes, myself, and that was my original hope when I chose priest at char gen.  Ah well.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited January 2019
    Proficy said:
    Instakill for runewarden
    \I miss alchemist/druids being the merchant type classes
    Both of those classes have always been pretty potent. Druid damage was even crazier than it is now, because reflexes was a thing and people overall had less arties than they do now (on average). And ignite used to fully raise flame + have no cd. Alchemist was 'good' just very clunky, and awkward for most people to try and work out, because of how... Poorly-explained the ABs used to be. Obviously not as good as it is now, but it was still alright.
    Also eating ginger for like 3 minutes straight after a fight was already over (maybe a slight exaggeration) was some bullshit.

• PK mechanics don't help you be a merchant, though if you don't have any plans of ever being a dragon, druid utility is pretty nice, like being able to track directly to customers.
  • In terms of PVP:

Bards getting a HF/Riposte nerf to give Hamstring would be great.  Also having HF proc not off of damage, but rather just being smacked offensively.

Fewer classes until the ones that are currently kind of broke are.. fixed... (See: DWB).

In terms of PVE:
    Just making it so npcs deal the same amount of damage unless you're in dragon, regardless of class. Players then deal the same amount of damage to enemies, at the same rate.  No more Serpent being top-tier class for GreatHunts due to minerals + a thousand different things that raise Dex.

In terms of Talismans:
    I just wish they weren't so pay-to-win and also actual gambling 90% of the time on SOMEONES part.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Split priest up into several similar-but-different classes that cover some of the major religions, while offering a good "not a specified follower" version that's still got good flavour and use, just not the direct uniqueness of following a certain God. Maybe kind of like knights, but one skill is God-focused or the 'neutral' skill. Or maybe more akin to a skill tree like the terminus(? I think this is the right dw skill) that just offers certain kinds of deviations that have some abilities that have thr pre-qualifier of being in a certain order to get.

This is just spitballing and not well thought out. Having gotten back into WoW recently and playing through an area that has Tidesages (sea priests) just reminded me how much I always liked that idea (see: the discworld mud's priest system as a semi example).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited January 2019
    Adrik said:
    In terms of PVP:

Bards getting a HF/Riposte nerf to give Hamstring would be great.  Also having HF proc not off of damage, but rather just being smacked offensively.

You're insane if you think getting hamstring would be a nerf. HF/Riposte are nice, but hamstring for a Bard would be downright ridiculous. I would happily make that trade, since I don't even use HF as is.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Pyori said:
    Adrik said:
    In terms of PVP:

You're insane if you think getting hamstring would be a nerf. HF/Riposte are nice, but hamstring for a Bard would be downright ridiculous. I would happily make that trade, since I don't even use HF as is.
    People (non bards) seem to think that HF is godly, and that a nerf to it would be to change it to be a hinder, not that getting hamstring would be a nerf.

Because bards have no native hinder, I don't use acrobatics, HF, etc, because I'm usually mounted for block. Having the ability to block, even if it were a percentage change to block like occultist tentacles, would be an improvement for me personally.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Pyori said:
    Adrik said:
    In terms of PVP:

Reading comprehension is important.

He's saying to nerf HF/Riposte to allow giving bards hamstring.

...and then he asked for a huge buff to HF.

• edited January 2019
    Cooper said:
    Reading comprehension is important.

He's saying to nerf HF/Riposte to allow giving bards hamstring.

...and then he asked for a huge buff to HF.
    Not really anything to do with reading comprehension, and more to do with sentence structure. The way it's worded makes it seems like he wants HF or Riposte to give hamstring instead of venoms. Regardless though it's not going to happen, Bards with hamstring would be completely absurd.