Quick Questions

Comments

• edited January 2019
    It did. Makarios forgot what day it was.

(you were also wrong on when GMT was. GMT was 47 minutes ago at the time of this edit, which was 53 minutes AFTER Keorin's post and 29 minutes BEFORE yours.)
  • Just gonna leave this here

• Minifie said:
    Just gonna leave this here
    That means it was 11pm GMT when Keorin posted over 2 hours ago.
  • Yes, I posted after it would have been closed anyways, but I'd tried to comment much earlier then that. Was just curious if I'd missed an update or announcement or something, thanks!
  • edited January 2019
    Can a non-Runewarden wear/use rune-empowered armour/weaponry, and if so, does it actually do anything at all?

Also, can another person empower gear that isn't their own?
  • You can put gebo/gebu on other people's armour, and it'll benefit them. They can't wear/wield (or they don't get the benefit of, idr) runicarmour / runeblades. Lagul/laguz/lagua also does nothing now, for non-runewardens.

• You can wear Runic armour and wield Runeblades, but you don't benefit from any of the runes on them if you're not a Runewarden.
  • A runeblade may only be wielded by the Runelorist who has empowered it.

I can't wield my sword while in Dragonform as it's been empowered

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    A runeblade may only be wielded by the Runelorist who has empowered it.

I can't wield my sword while in Dragonform as it's been empowered
    That seems to be a weird interaction with Dragon that you should bug. I can wield my Runebladed artefact weapons as all of my lesserform classes without any problems.
  • I wouldn't call it a bug, rather a coding solution as dragonform doesn't deactivate the runic check isrunewarden or whatever they label it. They might not have written that in for elemental lord as that's old code but it's the same deal there.

As for the novelty of it, I've no doubt they're still wrangling legacy code from the days dragonform was only a race change and not a class change as well.
  • I assume this is why we keep Occie Ents in Dragonform but not E Lord, too

• Mindshell said:
    I wouldn't call it a bug, rather a coding solution as dragonform doesn't deactivate the runic check isrunewarden or whatever they label it. They might not have written that in for elemental lord as that's old code but it's the same deal there.

As for the novelty of it, I've no doubt they're still wrangling legacy code from the days dragonform was only a race change and not a class change as well.
    I'd definitely call it a bug as it seems unintended. I've bugged it, so hopefully it will get fixed eventually. Having just done some more testing on it, there only appears to be an issue if you assume your dragon or elemental form as a Runewarden. If you do it as any other class, you can wield them without issue.
  • so, I'm the returning player with questions from a bit ago. I'm doing some stuff that has me watching my map as I walk around. I use mudlet, and don't care for the mudlet mapper function, as that map kind of annoys me with its position, and I don't want to have to re-fix my entire mudlet stuff just for it, I'm having issues with problems like this, and I'm hoping someone might have some help, or will recommend how I'm supposed to fix this:

The big issue is that occurs in more than just a few places, and with it, I can't see every room that I clearly -should- see.
  • This is due to a bug/feature in Mudlet that came to be due to a broken implementation on server side. We are currently working on fixing that, but for the meantime, you can help yourself going around the issue by forcing MXP off on the special options tab in the Mudlet settings.
  • edited January 2019
    Does anyone know, the cart from the wooden box of parts, when you are awake and there is a sale, the gold drops in your hand. But if you are not logged in, where does the gold go to?
  • A bank account I would assume?

• edited January 2019
    Sobriquet said:
    A bank account I would assume?
    I didn't see them in my Cyrene bank account. Unless it goes to other bank accounts that I don't have an account in?
  • Letters get sent with it in them
  • Has anyone tested out the snb bashing change?
  • Penwize said it's better than it was... But still nothing great.
    Didn't elaborate more than that. The Air Lord change was good, though.

• Got around to talking Artefacts in game, question came up which is of more benefit +Con Arties or Sip/Regen Artefacts - basically should i buy a +con belt or one of the health regen/sip rings?
  • What does the python minipet eat? So far all minipets seem to eat some kind of gatherable food (meat, seeds, etc.), but this one would not take meat or poultry.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Depends on your goal.  Increasing your max health (con, bracelets) helps against attacks that deal a static amount of damage.  That's pretty much every denizen attack, and a handful of player attacks.  It also can help against certain prep classes, making you take slightly longer to prep since your limbs will take more hits to break.  Increasing your healing rate (regen/sip rings) helps against attacks that deal a percentage of your health as damage.  That's most player attacks, particularly the more dangerous ones like kai choke.

Which of those two you want to do better against can help you determine which artie's better for you.
  • Jiraishin said:
    What does the python minipet eat? So far all minipets seem to eat some kind of gatherable food (meat, seeds, etc.), but this one would not take meat or poultry.
    They do??

• Sobriquet said:
    Jiraishin said:
    What does the python minipet eat? So far all minipets seem to eat some kind of gatherable food (meat, seeds, etc.), but this one would not take meat or poultry.
    They do??
    Looks like. I'm mostly familiar with the carnivorous ones due to Jir's RP but so far I've seen seven that eat tender cuts of meat (including two that are made of bones and can't digest anything) and one that eats handfuls of seeds. At that point it doesn't make sense that the ninth minipet wouldn't eat anything at all.

• It might not be something gatherable, salamanders eat bait worms, for example. Have you tried corpses of small animals?
  • Sena said:
    It might not be something gatherable, salamanders eat bait worms, for example. Have you tried corpses of small animals?
    I tried rats, it wouldn't take them. Should I try rabbits or something?

• Maybe it's jester mice! I keep hoping to find a minipet that eats jester mice. 
  • Turns out the python eats eggs.

• Jiraishin said:
    Turns out the python eats eggs.
    Sunny side up?