Quick Questions

Comments

• What is that quote about english being the bastard child of a whore?
  • That seems close enough for this discussion :p

• Accipiter said:
    What is that quote about english being the bastard child of a whore?
    Closest I can think of is "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
  • Dupre said:
    Don't make me submit this to Crafting Council because I will I swear to god
    I will, I swear to God.

You have lost all credibility on the comma issue, sir.

• lol I am not writing for the New York Times here- on a casual forum I use grammar indifferently similar to the unpretentious general internet populace
    [spoiler]LOL! I am not writing for the New York Times here—on a casual forum, I use grammar indifferently, similar to the unpretentious, general internet populace.[/spoiler]
  • Dupre said:
    LOL! I am not writing for the New York Times here—on a casual forum, I use grammar indifferently, similar to the unpretentious, general internet populace.
    Ahem. 

I am not writing for The New York Times here: on a casual forum, I use grammar indifferently, like the unpretentious majority of the internet populace.

You're welcome.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • inb4 *your welcome
  • Riell said:
    inb4 *your welcome
    Proficy doesn't come here that often.

• edited December 2018
    I feel like that should be a semicolon and not a colon.

I could be wrong though, I am in a perpetual haze of not caring when it comes to grammar rules.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • How much damage reduction does transcendent Avoidance grant, when considering denizens, assuming no other form of damage mitigation?

Does Avoidance help with non-physical damage reduction, like psychic or cold damage (if denizens even do those, I think they do)?
  • 1 in 7, or ~14%

And no effect on nonphysical, that's what the other miniskills are for (Philosophy for psychic, Frost for cold)
  • Anyone know how to get the mana, health, willpower gauges to reappear on nexus? Ive tried hitting the reset ui a few times as well as right click and clicking on the gauges option.
  • So, just saw the last announce about the new class. Anyone care to post any information about it for those who haven't logged in for a while?
  • This sounds familiar.

• Apologies if any of the formatting offends you.
  • I'd like to know, if anyone's able to test, what stats affect things the most, strength or intelligence. Could go either way.
  • 2h hunting: level 1 hammer or lvl 2 bastard?
  • Lvl 2 sword 
  • edited January 2019
    I'd say sword too, but no need to call us bastards jeez <3
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I know that the Bardic/Artisinal got changed a long time ago to quarterly things, but I can't remember where to look up the announced theme, when these are, how to submit, etc. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

• It's not a regularly scheduled thing anymore, it's a when-the-garden-feels-like-it thing, just check announce when a contest is posted
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That's a shame.

• Dupre said:
    It's not a regularly scheduled thing anymore, it's a when-the-garden-feels-like-has-a-spare-moment-to-breathe-so-they-can-do-it thing, just check announce when a contest is posted

• Customisation like changing item descriptions  - Credits need to be bound or unbound?
  • You can definitely use bound, but I don't know if you can use unbound. I would lean towards saying you can't.
  • General rule is if you're doing something for yourself, they have to be bound. If you're doing a gift to someone else, then unbound. Same applies to customisations. (except for figurines; they can be used for either yourself, or for others)

• So, uh, classlead commenting ended a day before the announce post said, I guess?
  • Keorin said:
    So, uh, classlead commenting ended a day before the announce post said, I guess?
    No it didn't. It said Friday, 0 GMT. Which was 7 minutes before you posted.