Queueing changes and additions

I love queueing, but I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't feel unfinished. I'm not asking for flags to handle hindering states like paralysis, stun, prone, etc. All I'm asking for is a couple of extra commands for working with queues - and a slight change in functionality to existing commands - to round out the functionality. I've already submitted these using the IDEA command in-game, but honestly posting on the forums does seem to have a better success rate.

Change QUEUE REPLACE <queue> <index> <command> to add to the queue if there's no command in the specified index (i.e. make it the same as if you'd called QUEUE ADD <queue> <command>). This just seems like a no-brainer. If I'm trying to replace a command in an index it's because I think there's a command there that needs replacing and I want the command I'm trying to replace it with in my queue. In the case that there isn't a command there, I've either gotten confused about what I currently have queued or, more likely, the queues have been processed between me sending the command and the command reaching the game.

Two new commands:

QUEUE INSERT <queue> <index> <command>. Should be pretty self-explanatory: insert the specified command at the specified index in the specified queue. Any commands at, or above, that index in the queue will be pushed up by one. Any commands that now exceed the maximum size of the queue will be removed. Like the requested change for QUEUE REPLACE above, if the specified index doesn't currently have a command in it, simply treat it like a QUEUE ADD. QUEUE PREPEND isn't always suitable (just because I don't want a command right at the end of the queue doesn't mean it's suitable to be at the very start of the queue), and having to call QUEUE REPLACE and then potentially multiple QUEUE ADD commands seems unnecessary (though if you make the requested change to QUEUE REPLACE above I could live with still having to do so).

QUEUE REMOVE <queue> <index>. If I can add commands to queues then I should also be able to remove them, without having to clear the entire queue and re-add anything I still want. Anything above the specified index would obviously be moved down by one.

Comments

• As far as queueing goes, I also wouldn't mind larger queues, if that wouldn't put stress on the server. Up to ten things you can queue would be nice.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• And an option to turn off the messages about what's been added. CONFIG SHOWQUEUEALERTS doesn't disable them. :(
  • Qwyn said:
    And an option to turn off the messages about what's been added. CONFIG SHOWQUEUEALERTS doesn't disable them. :(
    I bugged that so long ago. I've since just deleted the lines myself.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Would be nice if EQ queuing worked the same as Balance queuing too.
  • Going to Necro this forum, as the system is still not up to the standard we were setting out for. We still need flags for specific affliction scenarios, and we also need some sort of way to manually pause the queue.

New command suggestions:

"QUEUE TOGGLE <EQ/BAL/EQBAL/ALL>": Unlike Config usequeueing off, This command would retain the current queue list in the server until you log out or reactivate the queue using the same command.

"CURING QUEUE SCENARIO": Similar to the serverside curing tree usage. However during specific afflicted states, you should pause your queue. We could also make use of EQ balance more efficiently this way; having each type of queue have it's own afflicted state scenario.

These are pretty much essential, considering that all of your queued actions get deleted when you are affected by a number of afflictions. Paralysis, Stun, Prone, Webbed, Transfixed, etc.

It would also be nice to be able to unleash one of the queued up actions at a time, during the paused state. For situations like in-room retardation or if you are afflicted with Aeon. So I also suggest:

"QUEUE SEND <Queue> <INDEX>": Which would allow you to send a specific queued up command one at a time during the paused state.