Ireland?

Who lives in Ireland? I'm visiting Dublin for a few days and would love to meet any Achaeans if time allows.
Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"

Comments

• Actually, same question, different reason.  I want to do about a week in/around there and possible UK.  Looking for pointers on things to do/visit.  Big fan of the castles and history in general, specifically military history (but my wife isn't)

• edited December 2018
    Leeds Armoury is free if you are looking to come up North. Let me know if you do, I'll jump on the train and come say hi. 

Note. Important, in case you're Googling things, Leeds castle is NOT in Leeds, it's actually about 250 miles away...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • If you hit the UK, let me know @caelan - am around London. May be dependent on work etc but would be nice to throw a handaxe at you.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    @Caelan imperial war museum. 
  • Nice. Thanks. No idea when it will be @Sobriquet .  Have to finish remodeling the bathroom in my Florida place first, but when I go I will probably be making my way to Wales and the motherland as well. 

• @Klendathu is from Wales or some sort, he needs companionship
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited December 2018
    Ryzan said:
    @Klendathu is from Wales or some sort, he needs companionship
    I got plenty o' companionship from them sheeps like, boyo. Tidy. By there. Now, in a minute.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I thought Welsh had more phlegm?

• Caelan said:
    I thought Welsh had more phlegm?
    That's the name of the dog.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    y'all threadjacked so hard :(
  • edited December 2018
    Aodfionn said:
    @Rangor lives in Irish whiskey, if that helps.  

Best way to find out is "Which is better, Ireland or North Ireland? Why?"

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Caelan said:
    Aodfionn said:

26+6=1, mate
  • Aodfionn said:
    Caelan said:
    Aodfionn said:

26+6=1, mate
    Should visit the border before it closes forever and they start shooting eachother again.
  • Three more months and ireland ceases to exist. Better visit while you can before it becomes the new australia for our undesirables. 
  • Khalid said:
    Three more months and ireland ceases to exist. Better visit while you can before it becomes the new australia for our undesirables. 
    then they'll start flogging you poncy pillow biters in cricket too eh?
  • Minifie said:
    Khalid said:
    Three more months and ireland ceases to exist. Better visit while you can before it becomes the new australia for our undesirables. 
    Im guessing "flogging" is australian for cheating. 
  • Khalid said:
    Wait, what?... 
  • Caelan said:
    Actually, same question, different reason.  I want to do about a week in/around there and possible UK.  Looking for pointers on things to do/visit.  Big fan of the castles and history in general, specifically military history (but my wife isn't)

It's hard to find any major military history sites in Ireland because it kept out of most of the major wars in history, and ones going back to Medieval and prior times there's.. not much left of them. But I could maybe suggest going to County Meath? the town of Oldbridge is near the site of the Battle of the Boyne; a decisive point in James II's failed attempt to retake the crown. Meath also has the Hill of Tara, I'm not sure what there is to actually see there (I suggest further research) but it was, according to tradition, the seat of the High King of Ireland.

As for castles? This is the British Isles, there's too many to count.
  • Khalid said:
    Minifie said:
    Khalid said:
    Im guessing "flogging" is australian for cheating. 
    tbf we are fucking awful, but you can't be the best forever. :(
  • There is the imperial war museum here in london along with half a dozen castles and the tower of london and plenty for the wife to do. Scotland has some great stuff as well. Honestly just skip ireland its over priced, boring and soon to be nonexistant. 
    Any house, flat (apartment) or other domicile resided in by a male in England is a castle - an Englishman's home is his castle.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Khalid said:
    There is the imperial war museum here in london along with half a dozen castles and the tower of london and plenty for the wife to do. Scotland has some great stuff as well. Honestly just skip ireland its over priced, boring and soon to be nonexistant. 
    Seriously, why do you keep saying my country is gonna be nonexistant?
    Venmara said:
    Khalid said:
    There is the imperial war museum here in london along with half a dozen castles and the tower of london and plenty for the wife to do. Scotland has some great stuff as well. Honestly just skip ireland its over priced, boring and soon to be nonexistant. 
    Seriously, why do you keep saying my country is gonna be nonexistant?
    Wat is an Ireland?