Voting for Achaea - A Must Read!

Comments

• Do you play Achaea more than you play any other MUD?  If so, it is your  #1 MUD.  Simple as that.  You aren't voting that RPGs are the #1 thing in life.  It's obviously just a game.

If you feel angry because you spend too much time playing and not enough time taking care of important things in your life, you lack self-discipline.  This isn't a negative reflection on Achaea.  It just further attests to how good Achaea is.  People don't get addicted to things because those things are not fun.  If an alcoholic prefers Guiness but hates the fact that he/she is an alcoholic, Guiness is still his/her #1 alcoholic beverage. 

Does a sex addict claim that sex sucks, just because it is ruining his or her life?  Obviously not.  Sex is fun.  Adiction is not.

I take care of my personal business.  I have a 4.0 in college right now, paralegal technology major.  These are hard classes, very intense.  It requires self-discipline.

There are characters much more powerful than mine.  So what?  I spend only what I can afford on credits. >Self-discipline.

Other people (their characters) urge me to hurry up and get my House Tasks done.  So what?  I will get them done when I can and at a rate that doesn't make the game boring for me.  I have fun, because that's what I'm playing for.  Again: Self-discipline.

• I feel personally attacked

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Self control buddy. 
  • P.S.  I don't party these days.  Been there.  Done that.  Went to jail for it.  Etc.
  • ---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2019/03/05 04:57:47 )---
    Realms of Despair? Well, if they insist. Lets help them out by voting!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it illegal to include the voting link in this? Or maybe just the VOTE command?
  • PainePaine Prime Material
    Looks like this monthly reset Topmudsites added a captcha to the voting link. At least for me. Anyone else experience that?

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Yes   
  • Yes! I think it is awesome, and hopefully it will stop most bots. Hope everyone is voting and has voting reminders turned on! CONFIG VOTING ON
  • Aye, got the bot check today. Wonder which game was abusing it XD

• Mmmm. Let me guess...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited August 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    Mmmm. Let me guess...

GemStone IV and LegendMud seems to have lost the most momentum so far: 

http://www.topmudsites.com/lastmonth.html

Aardwolf be like: 
    Votes["Aardwolf"] = Votes["highest"] × 2

• No matter what Aardwolf is always ahead. It's scummy.

• Well, when the same company owns both Aardwolf and TMS...

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Aardwolf way ahead, and we're second. 

I go through phases in the voting - when I'm really annoyed with a decision I stop for a bit, then I get over it and start voting again.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Iaxus said:
    Well, when the same company owns both Aardwolf and TMS...

Not saying they're not scummy, but it helps when they consistently have like 3x the players.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Aardwolf is a MUD on training wheels. It is the crayon of the MUD world when Achaea is more a finely crafted fountain pen. Quality isn't always the most popular.
  • Kzir said:
    Aardwolf is a MUD on training wheels. It is the crayon of the MUD world when Achaea is more a finely crafted fountain pen. Quality isn't always the most popular.
    Is this gonna turn into one of those "Fortnite is bad even if it does have the most players of any game" arguments?

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Nope. 
    Ictinus said:
    Since the Captcha was put in place, we've remained consistently in second place by quite a decent margin. Thanks to everyone for the continuing support, let's keep us there!
    Can we cull this thread a bit so I don't have to keep searching for the vote link, @Ictinus.
  • Should make a new thread. Single admin post with the link. Close and pin to top.
  • It's achaea.com/vote. Should be pretty easy to remember, and has an entire link on the website if you forget.
    Antonius said:
    It's achaea.com/vote. Should be pretty easy to remember, and has an entire link on the website if you forget.
    Should be easy to remember, but it isn't a priority for me. Much easier to see a new post in this thread, get curious, and vote while I'm here.  

Tahquil said:
    Should make a new thread. Single admin post with the link. Close and pin to top.
    The new posts are what drives the vote, at least for me anyway. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm really glad the captcha is just a simple 'check this box' thing instead of those image squares.

• Kresslack said:
    I'm really glad the captcha is just a simple 'check this box' thing instead of those image squares.
    I fail at the squares. Always have to shift to sound.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Prythe said:
    Kresslack said:
    I fail at the squares. Always have to shift to sound.
    This is me when I have to do those stupid things.

The best captcha memes  Memedroid