Most Memorable Deaths

I got to thinking, which is dangerous, and wondered if anyone else had an extremely memorable death in Achaea that might be worth sharing.

I'll start it off with this death, which shaped me and my path in Achaea:
I was still figuring out much of the world and spent most of it in the forests on an early character. I wasn't any good at combat, so I stayed away from it. Things in the world were starting to heat up, with people killing anyone just because they were breathing (it was pretty lawless then). I went to explore Shallam and get some gold by ratting (one of the better forms of income back then.....reee). Now, I had heard shouts from Gijan, who was threatening everyone but figured they weren't at all pertaining to me.

I'm minding my own business in the far south, south west section of Shallam killing rats. Gijan would enter Shallam and block the exit, and then Mind Radiance random people. If you got to him, you still died. I had never experienced Mind Radiance before, but I began getting weird bits of text and a sinking feeling..and that's when I realized I was the next random target (it probably took about 10 seconds for me to even realize...). Now, I knew I couldn't defeat him, but I was hoping I could disable it and get away, or at least get lucky and he'd die to city defenses. I still don't know how, to this day, he was able to tank city defenses. Back then, they were archers and telepaths and they would barrage you relentlessly. If you escaped inside, only telepaths could hit you, but standing at the gates blocking the exit I believe he had both.  The second problem, is that I had no idea how to get to the gates, especially quick enough to disable the insta-kill that was coming in just a few short seconds.  Needless to say, I flailed like a fish out of water and ended up perishing at the Fish Market--a perfect ending.  This event essentially created the monster I became in the game as Amitation Ikari.

Off topic..my most memorable kill was being challenged as an Infernal (and by honor, not being able to refuse) by the traitor Cooper and his posse, Nuitari and Dalamar. I had no idea what I was doing yet, but was learning and piecing things together. I stood alone at NoT and fought Cooper for what seemed like an eternity. I was struggling to keep up with the damage, but I had inked a crystal tattoo and at about 23hp left I mashed my macro to TOUCH CRYSTAL. At about that exact same time, Cooper said "Why isn't he dying?" with Dalamar and Nuitari snickering. He died about 2 DSLs later and shortly after that..everything clicked and off I went. I still have that log somewhere saved on an old hard drive!

What is your story?

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Not me but...
    When I first came back in like ~2012 because of Thiev when he was living here, I got to talking with Earionduil who he was RL friends with. Didn't know he was perma enemied to Eleusis at the time, no big deal.
    Few days later, Nyderrasethi took me hunting down in Underworld (back when it wasn't a trash heap to hunt), here I was thinking "Damn this is good exp." ... Few minutes go by and out pops Eari, drops ret and kills Nyderr in the middle of hunting Death Knights. Smiles and waves at me, then runs off, meanwhile I'm still trying to get out of ret (didn't know about the delayed actions things, so kept trying to spam out)... Wow jerk...
    An hour or so later, and I get chewed out by Eleusis leaders at the time for apparently causing Nyder's dying, all because Eari was friendly to me and left me after killing him. They assumed it was my fault, and that I told Eari he was down there or something. People don't just "happen to know Eari" it seemed like.
    Not "memorable" per se, but it's something that I'll always remember at least. Kinda hilarious now that I look back on it.
    ----
    Another was when I was rogue after leaving Eleusis, sitting in Ashtan talking with them two while Eari was forging (also when he was MoS at the time). We were sitting there taking casual jabs at Eari, mention him having fast rapiers and I said "Wow it's like a way older version of Salik." and he just stared at me for a moment, then enemied me so I got rekt by guards. Fun times.

• Pyori said:
    Not me but...
    When I first came back in like ~2012 because of Thiev when he was living here, I got to talking with Earionduil who he was RL friends with. Didn't know he was perma enemied to Eleusis at the time, no big deal.
    Few days later, Nyderrasethi took me hunting down in Underworld (back when it wasn't a trash heap to hunt), here I was thinking "Damn this is good exp." ... Few minutes go by and out pops Eari, drops ret and kills Nyderr in the middle of hunting Death Knights. Smiles and waves at me, then runs off, meanwhile I'm still trying to get out of ret (didn't know about the delayed actions things, so kept trying to spam out)... Wow jerk...
    An hour or so later, and I get chewed out by Eleusis leaders at the time for apparently causing Nyder's dying, all because Eari was friendly to me and left me after killing him. They assumed it was my fault, and that I told Eari he was down there or something. People don't just "happen to know Eari" it seemed like.
    Not "memorable" per se, but it's something that I'll always remember at least. Kinda hilarious now that I look back on it.
    ----
    Another was when I was rogue after leaving Eleusis, sitting in Ashtan talking with them two while Eari was forging (also when he was MoS at the time). We were sitting there taking casual jabs at Eari, mention him having fast rapiers and I said "Wow it's like a way older version of Salik." and he just stared at me for a moment, then enemied me so I got rekt by guards. Fun times.
    Salik wishes he cranked out as many steel lightning bolts as I did, man :/

• Trey said:
    Pyori said:
    Not me but...
    ----
    Salik wishes he cranked out as many steel lightning bolts as I did, man :/
    It was making a joke about Eari having fast, high-damaging rapiers at the time and being able to just slam prefarar/curare into people to kill them. Y'know... Like Salik.