NDS P question

So a bit of a tricky question...

My alt just bought some land and made a small two room home. I would like some furniture; however she is not a furnisher. My main has some stuff on NDS P like a couch for example. If I hire a random furnisher off crafterwho to make some furniture and one of the things is that couch off NDS P would that be an alt violation? I mean my main is not benefiting in any way shape or form from the transaction, the random furnisher would be getting the money from the deal. 

It feels like it would not violate any rules, but I just want to make sure. I rather not use that design on NDS P but for some reason no furnisher has one or are not willing to make my alt one because their design is special or whatever... 

Comments

• Does it show up if you do an NDS search for it or is it private? If it’s publically available it’s fine. If only you know about the design it’s more of a grey area. 
  • DupreDupre M.
    edited January 2019
    Using your alt's designs was said to be a seconds violation, in a past issue: https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5721/help-seco-nds

Message #806        Sent by Meletus
    2018/7/10/17:38 Greetings! Regarding your issue #83175: Thanks for getting in touch with the admin 
    team! It would unfortunately be inappropriate to accept, wear, or use anything created by your 
    alternate character in this situation. Please let us know if you have any further questions via 
    ISSUE ME!

Commission a new design
  • Morthif said:
    Does it show up if you do an NDS search for it or is it private? If it’s publically available it’s fine. If only you know about the design it’s more of a grey area. 
    it is on public nds yes! thanks that's just what I wanted to know it is NDS 24875 and 24783 to be exact 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You’d be benefiting on one character from something another character created even if you get someone else to do the crafting.

It’s just not worth it.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    You’d be benefiting on one character from something another character created even if you get someone else to do the crafting.

It’s just not worth it.
    Free advertising I guess? After reading that thread it sounds like a murky area worth avoiding.
  • Maybe we can get a divine to respond... This is a bit of a grey area if you ask me. :)
  • or better yet, why is it all the furnishers refuse to provide furniture for people? Is that not why you became a furnisher to sell your stuff? I keep on putting my stuff on NDS public because I'm nice like that
  • It is not a grey area.

It would be abusing seconds to use designs that another character of yours has owned or designed, or moved to the public list.

• edited January 2019
    Yazuki said:
    Maybe we can get a divine to respond... This is a bit of a grey area if you ask me. :)
    Dupre literally linked an issue response from the admin.
    It's not even close to a grey area; if it's something your alt made, you don't use it regardless of how you obtain it.

• Don't use. I'd say it could be construed as a gain because then you only have to invest in that tradeskill on one character but be designing for the other, thus subverting the cost.
  • Tahquil said:
    Don't use. I'd say it could be construed as a gain because then you only have to invest in that tradeskill on one character but be designing for the other, thus subverting the cost.
    Ahh there’s the reasoned argument I was looking for.