What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• I'm not sure raiding on holidays is any less a 'dick move' because it tends to happen often. That would justify too much. Although, I wouldn't raid on Christmas. Which is just one day.
  • I don't really understand why raiding on one day versus any other is a problem.  If there are people around available to play, and willing to/interested in defending, why is it any different than any other day when people are around/not around?
  • Is it a dick move because it's on a Christian holiday? Because I'm p sure that people of other faiths get raided on their holidays.
  • edited December 2018
    I recall that raid, as it was one of the rare times a raid happens at my oz hours.

The usual happened with raiders coming in. Dont respond and mobs start dying (god i wish those Menagerie animals would stay dead..). This is then followed by yells of having no balls :p 

I then asked if people wanna give it a go and we had 3 interested, so why not. I learnt the immense pain that is a psions ranged attack. They left respectfully after. It's just rubble in the end.
  • Penwize said:
    I don't really understand why raiding on one day versus any other is a problem.  If there are people around available to play, and willing to/interested in defending, why is it any different than any other day when people are around/not around?
    And even if they aren’t interested or willing too, they have denizens and totems after all! :+1:
  • Minifie said:
    Penwize said:
    I don't really understand why raiding on one day versus any other is a problem.  If there are people around available to play, and willing to/interested in defending, why is it any different than any other day when people are around/not around?
    And even if they aren’t interested or willing too, they have denizens and totems after all! :+1:
    Stop posting on forums and log in.
  • Riell said:
    Minifie said:
    Penwize said:
    Playing let’s go pikachu with my boy, he’s running around like an nutter on his haunter :/
  • Minifie said:
    Riell said:
    Minifie said:
    Penwize said:
    Playing let’s go pikachu with my boy, he’s running around like an nutter on his haunter :/
    Acceptable.
  • I *finally* found someone who has the talisman piece I've been looking for all month... But they have it in promo not refined so I can't afford it.  :'(

Time to grind (or get lucky on my new years stockings?).
  • Yesterday... practically EVERYTHING I wrote all day had typos in it. RL work stuff, RP conversations, designs. I don't know what was up with me, but I'm sorry.

On the other hand I won the big stocking prize (without knowing that it was up for grabs, I had just logged in!) had some hilarious OOC conversations and srs IC RP time, got three designs finished, have an awesome custom Shackle of Garash now, and got some much-needed clarification on a command I've apparently been overusing. So overall yesterday was pretty great for me.

Special shout out to @Nicola. Thank you for all the help with my shackle design, and for not killing me.  Also that line about "Like Bruce Wayne at a desert rave" makes me crack up every time I read it.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Definitely one of the stranger things I've stumbled across in the wilderness:

Grasslands.
    Overgrown with grasses, the plains contain an invisible layer of life hidden below the waving surface. A large trunk sits off to one side, marking this as the Captain's cabin. A standard cartographer's desk with a large, slanted lid has been bolted down here. A black Zarathustran stallion stands stoically here, muscles shifting beneath his ebon coat.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.

trunk274770 an elegant trunk of oak
    desk281969 a standard cartographer's desk
    stallion353682 a black Zarathustran stallion
    Number of objects: 3

• Kresslack said:

Grasslands.
    Overgrown with grasses, the plains contain an invisible layer of life hidden below the waving surface. A large trunk sits off to one side, marking this as the Captain's cabin. A standard cartographer's desk with a large, slanted lid has been bolted down here. A black Zarathustran stallion stands stoically here, muscles shifting beneath his ebon coat.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.

I love when that happens. I stumbled across an entire 40+ person crew in the wilderness a couple days ago, just freezing their tits off in the tundra with nowhere to go. I'm not entirely sure why it happens - maybe when ships sink, the items and people need to go /somewhere/ before the ship is salvaged, and the game just isn't that good at handling that? But it makes for some comedic finds.
  • Your ship shit goes into the wilderness/subs when you retire. The only way ship equipment can get removed from those places is if you BUG it
  • I’ve warped into peoples ships from the wilderness before. (Not retired ships, active ships). 
  • Zenui said:
    Back in January 2015, I posted about finally reaching Logosian after more than a decade of bouncing around the level 70s. I did a bit of bashing after that---up to 82 or 83?---but not much more than that.

Fast forward to this September, when I started being more active again after a while of more-or-less dormancy. With the xp bonus on, I started bashing to take advantage of it, and when the level 80-100 hunting changes came in that gave me further incentive. So for the first time in a long time I found my main activity being hunting in order to level. I made relatively steady progress, and as the year ended I found myself approaching a natural goal. Today, one day before the end of the year, I reached it:

---

You slice into a hydroform monstrosity with an unnerving, lightweight broadsword.
    You brutally smash your shield into a hydroform monstrosity.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    You have slain a hydroform monstrosity, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 90.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Rank of the Infinite.
    You have received 22 Bound Credits!
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    Numerous golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.

---

Not as dramatic an achievement as Dragon but getting 10 levels in four months is pretty good by my standards.
    When it comes to Achaea, the only goals there are to achieve are personal ones.

Good on you! Keep it up :)
  • edited January 2019
    Kresslack said:

Grasslands.

I’ve bugged this exact same twice before! Very weird to find! 
  • You say with a lilting, Delosian accent, "Have a lovely..."

It is early morning in Achaea.
    The phase of the moon is that of the Waning Gibbous.

In your world, it is 2019/01/06 02:34:49 GMT.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.

You say with a lilting, Delosian accent, "Morning."

Aetreus says in a light and cheerful voice, "Youu toO."

Aetreus staggers and falls to the ground.

Aetreus stands up.

Aetreus leaves to the east.

"Heh heh heh," Kest chuckles.

You say with a lilting, Delosian accent, "Had to look out the window. Wasn't sure what time it
    was."

You snicker softly to yourself.
  • edited January 2019
    Sent By: Nicola on 07 Jan 2019, 05:32

Hi there! First let me apologise for the delay. We did see your issues and your email about your broken bracelets and have spent the last week or two trying to work out what went wrong. Ultimately, we have no idea why your bracelets broke, but I was able to create a Ceylonese bracelet (level 2 reserves), with celerity and health_regen(1) added and they appropriately adjusted auction escrow and related credit worth numbers. This shiny new bracelet is now in your inventory and I have deleted the broken monstrosity from existence. Let me know if anything doesn't quite checkout!

Woo. I am now worth slightly more. Took a while, but woo.

• Don't touch it or it'll become a broken monstrosity too.
  • Another really enjoyable fight with @Klendathu. Lots of offense, lots of defense and moving about, could have gone either way a number of times. Mistakes on both parts, but had me on my toes for the whole thing. I only managed to get on top once I got the head damage from him switching parry to an arm. This is why I fight, to enjoy it, not the steamrolling people in 30 seconds.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/m91d2DT_

End of the fight, for reference.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Milabar said:

Illoisee, Aegoth, Nyneve, Milabar, Herev 

NYC

THIS JUST HAPPENED!
    Beer Authority?