If/Else If/Else

Comments

• Are inevitable breakins really so routine or terrible that this is a tremendous affront to you?

i have been to several player house events where an enemy will prism in just for lulz or to pop a Mark -- a-holes gon be a-holes, but literally it was just a few minutes inconvience and then the event went on anyways

If no guests are open PK then just ignore the interloper. And if a guest is open PK maybe out of respect to the host they should not be attending until they deal with the attacker/lose open PK.

I'm pretty much w/ Mathilda that subs could be separate area, like sewers, then people can use their sub homes if they can just relax about uninvited ppl popping in since it won't be some major city security breach
  • I believe ships need to be brought down to houses, not the other way around. Ships are too secure, houses can be secured but there are options. There needs to be an element of risk, if you’ve engaged in risky behavior. Don’t invite someone to your house that just got finished raiding, etc. I hate ships because of that, and do not want to see housing becoming the same thing. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It's absolutely an affront, yes.

It's also absurd to talk of consequences. I've tried the approach of killing people who break in. It's apparently circular PK, so I'm breaking the game's rules if I try and apply "consequences" in any meaningful way.

And the mark system sucks. I trust my own awful PK skill more than a mark, at this point.
  • Atalkez said:
    I believe ships need to be brought down to houses, not the other way around. Ships are too secure, houses can be secured but there are options. There needs to be an element of risk, if you’ve engaged in risky behavior. Don’t invite someone to your house that just got finished raiding, etc. I hate ships because of that, and do not want to see housing becoming the same thing. 
    Admittedly it's been three years, but atleast at the posting of announce 4451, admin still agreed total ship invulnerability is a problem

But if this is a priority for change or still far away is a different story 
  • Lenn said:
    It's absolutely an affront, yes.

It's also absurd to talk of consequences. I've tried the approach of killing people who break in. It's apparently circular PK, so I'm breaking the game's rules if I try and apply "consequences" in any meaningful way.

And the mark system sucks. I trust my own awful PK skill more than a mark, at this point.
    I mean if you hire Quisalis mark on a set of Ashtani that break in, when the Quisalis mark (atleast at the time) was largely ashtani, than yeah, it's not gonna do much.

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • I'll be honestly very surprised if safe rooms are removed from Achaea. Doing so would run contrary to the main goal of Achaea, to keep people entrapped in the game so they feel their money is better spent on it than on buying, say, a whole other game publisher's entire catalog.

It may become harder to use those safe rooms to avoid "consequences" that everyone likes to dish out, but I think any change there will have to respect that sometimes people log in and want to PK, and other times they log in and don't want to PK.

For my part, I play on a phone most of the time, so I don't feel like ever having PK loom over my head like that.
  • Okay but when do you ever have to Pk? Who is trying to get into your house to Pk you? Let’s be serious here, you’re talking about Pk as if you’re a target when you’re not. 

Safe rooms are bad for the game.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • No they're not.
  • You’re welcome to disagree, but it’s already been proven repeatedly. Safe rooms are going to get abused by people who don’t care about the consequences. Bonko/Eari did it all the time, so did Dajio. 

It’s already happening in Starmourn because the clone rooms are unable to be attacked in. So people are abusing that grace when someone tries to attack them, but then once they give up they go right back to causing issues.

We saw it with New Hope after Shallam died. While it was made to give the refugees somewhere to go, it was inevitably abused by people going out to do something, then running to the safe room becoming impervious to anything.

Theres nothing wrong with a room that is difficult to get to. A room that is completely and totally impervious, is not good whatsoever.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2018
    I'm staying well-away from the saferoom thing. It's been previously agreed houses shouldn't be saferooms.

There was a long period of time where people were breaking into my house on the regular, before I made two of the rooms no-prism. And by "on the regular", I mean out of 10 times I'd be in the house roleplaying, 8 of those times, someone would try to prism/break in, though only about half of those were to PK me/others (the other times were mostly those just wanting to be dicks). I now almost exclusively hang out in those rooms when I am in the house, because it's just less of a hassle to worry about.

I'd say break-ins have gone down over time, but not because of anything to do with houses in general, but more to do with the people who are currently playing, and perhaps more importantly, the people who are NOT playing. It could just as easily flip back around, should someone(s) be so inclined. House estates faced a similar issue, but were addressed because, obviously, they're locations for orgs generally in the city proper. Like I said, I don't have an easy fix or solution, but I also don't think it's a current emergency, either.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Abusing PK is bad for the game too.

So PK is bad. Let's just get rid of PK, then we won't have safe rooms either.
  • Abusing PK gets you shrubbed. Make a legitimate argument, that one doesn’t cut it.

• Sounds like there should be a mechanism to stop abusing safe rooms then.

Like I said a few posts ago.

Instead of just removing them completely, which would probably only be reversed again after people complain.
  • Lenn said:

Just gonna say that they don't actually have a reason to kill you later. They were the instigator and got killed. It's like if Proficy just happened to be sitting in the middle of ashtan and got killed for trespassing as an enemy. You don't get to attack someone because you broke into their house and died for it. 

• @Pyori Yeah, I have no clue what the admins are on about, but it's holiday season so I'll expect a couple weeks before I get a more detailed explanation.

In the meantime, I can only assume my ability to retaliate is very limited unless I want to get into circular PK, which I don't want to.

As a result, nevermind lacking security, my house may as well be defenceless. For reasons I've already explained, I hope you can see why this would be really annoying. Although I don't have a lot of rooms, I've still put a lot into what is there.
  • You play on a phone. That is your choice. Why should the game mechanics revolve around you (weren't you just complaining about entitlements?)

Achaea used to have a few safe rooms and the admin declared they were in fact detrimental to gameplay and resolution of conflict. 

Again, why should the mechanics that work for 99% of the game be changed for "you"? 

• edited December 2018
    That's why 1/3rd of the votes here were for player housing security.
  • 43/130.  There are more than 130 people who play, so this survey is not necessarily indicative of the broader player base.  But you know that.  And even then, using this survey, a majority want ideas implemented, so even by your own standard it is a moot point.

Safe rooms were phased out beginning around 1998 because of what @Atalkez was saying.  People abusing them, and it being decided they were overall bad for the game. I don't see them renegging on that now, especially when ships are floating safe rooms.  You have the options.  If you choose not to use them, that is on you. 

• because housing makes no sense with the way ships work. 

• It's like listening to a brat whine about what they didn't get for Christmas, for Gods' sakes.
  • Yeah, general consensus here is Lenn needs to get over the housing problem the way you see it.

Houses are basically safe rooms. If you are that inattentive you cant notice or stop a prism on a monolith, or get a non prism room. Then the problem is you. 

Ships, are overpowered beyond belief, and need to be brought down in some sorts. Anyone should be able to board any ship at any time... if they want that peace of mind, take there ship out to sea.
  • edited December 2018
    Proficy said:
    Houses are basically safe rooms. If you are that inattentive you cant notice or stop a prism on a monolith, or get a non prism room. Then the problem is you.
    Prisms aren't stopped by monoliths. Anti-prism also costs like 5x as much as the room itself does (not logged in, so can't see exact room credit price).
    Also ships have swashbucklers which practically 1 shot people who try and force themselves onto ships. Houses don't have any such security. OOS plots have even less since they're not on 'city property' and thus can't be defended by people of that city... Despite the fact that OOS plots cost like double the amount that ships cost.
    There are a lot of things wrong with housing, even disregarding security issues. Note carefully where I don't mention saferooms, before you get into that. Whether you agree or not, housing is garbage right now. Plain and simple.
    Proficy said:
    Anyone should be able to board any ship at any time... if they want that peace of mind, take there ship out to sea.
    So you get peace of mind by going out to somewhere you can have your ship blown up and having to deal with ridiculous salvage costs? I don't think you understand the phrases you use. That's like saying if you don't want to have to contest bashing areas as much with people, you should go bash Annwyn.

• Monos delay prisms which is why I said notice.

I mentioned ships being op already

And if someone is camping outside a harbor waiting for you to get you there then oh well.

@Pyori so stop trying to just demean everyone's post. Reading it to find something wrong and try to decipher what's right about it..... just coming off as an ass
  • And... btw....
    I do tell people annwyn is the best place to bash if you dont wanna compete. It does have its other worries tho..... smart guy
  • edited December 2018
    Proficy said:

@Pyori so stop trying to just demean everyone's post. Reading it to find something wrong and try to decipher what's right about it..... just coming off as an ass
    It's not demeaning to say you're wrong. Nor explaining why you're wrong. If you don't want people to point out things in your post which are wrong, then... Don't post things that are wrong... This is a public forum, you can be criticised on things you say. If people pointing out you being wrong is 'being an ass' then fuck you must be one sensitive dude.
    Proficy said:
    And... btw....
    I do tell people annwyn is the best place to bash if you dont wanna compete. It does have its other worries tho..... smart guy
    Thank you for proving my point about why telling someone they have 'peace of mind' at sea is bad.

• Sheesh, venom wasn't on the poll, cool your tits everyone. Let's not make the admin regret asking for our input (which is awesome that they do).
  • Not voting on this poll. I like all three ideas equally.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • To the people wanting to make ship housing more vulnerable the answer is obvious, bring back forceboarding!