If/Else If/Else

Comments

• The new class also has a lot of bugs, probably. All new things do.
  • The new class wasn't needed, imho. But that's more likely to get people buying credits before Christmas than fixing bugs. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    The new class wasn't needed, imho. But that's more likely to get people buying credits before Christmas than fixing bugs. 
    I mean, could they have spent the time they spent making Psion on fixing bugs? Totally, but then we wouldn’t get cool new content!

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• I said IDEAs kinda hoping it would translate to bug fixes.   And what better new content than properly working old content?

• edited December 2018
    bug fixes are always on the list - though we would very quickly go insane if all we did was stare at them all day long (have to put some focus in new additions, as well, and there's only so much we can do during our available times) - example of bugs being a headache would be hunting for the paragon bugs/searedglyph talisman bug for hours (total I spent on these two was well over six hours, including live debugging because I couldn't reproduce it on dev) only to realise it was some silly mistake buried VERY DEEP in obscure code.
  • Antonius said:
    I wouldn't want the coders to only ever be working on bug fixes. That's boring for pretty much everybody.

However, there has to be some middleground between working on bugs non-stop and waiting weeks for fixes on things that cost (the equivalent of) a couple of hundred USD.
    And how often have we heard things like "the code is a mess. We will get to it when we can.." but it never gets touched over 20 years?  I agree there has to be a middleground - building more on top of error-prone code isn't beneficial for anyone either. 

• I appreciate the paragon and searedglyph fix. Noticed it was fixed after I mentioned in aa post. Thank you! 

If I may... I think sundered pennon isn't working. It doesn't up the level when considered, from death candle message. 
  • Penwize said:
    I'm not sure where the line should be, and while it certainly shouldn't be at "all bugfixes all day," I think us asking for things we paid for to actually work isn't really an unreasonable request, is it?
    Though there's no real promise that housing is "secure," this is still how I feel about housing given that they're so insecure, and making them have even a basic level of security costs so much per room.

Prism proofing is over a million per room for out-of-sub housing, which is crazy since I already paid 20 million just to have my plot. That's 2000 credits worth of gold (at the time) just to pay more than everyone else for sub-par security easily beaten by just having a ship.

Why even bother with housing when a ship is infinitely better? Why bother with housing when sitting next to guards is a thousand times safer?
  • The flavor of building your own house and making it how YOU want it.... is priceless..
    Sounds like your complaining just to get freebies now. I'm pretty sure others were trying to spend just as much as they had to be able to do it.

And jus like any house, you are always going to need things for it to make it nice and secure.

• Or I can get a ship and have infinite security.
  • @Lenn Housing works as advertised. Everything you've paid for you're getting. You might not like the cost involved, or that there are (now) better options available, but that doesn't make it the same thing.

If you want a comparable situation, imagine paying for the no prism upgrade and then people still being able to prism to you.
  • Furniture stasis makes it so furniture never decays.

You need furnishing to get rid of furniture with furniture stasis.

Now they want you to trans furnishing to get rid of it if you have a platinum prybar, which I have and which previously didn't need lessons to use, but now it does for no reason.

Housing isn't buggy, it's intentionally designed to fuck over players, which is honestly even worse.
  • Talismans.
  • 90-day moratorium on all new features, taking that time to correct as many outstanding bugs as possible.

Yes, it will be mind-numbing for the coders. However, it will be beneficial to the game in the long run.

• Lenn said:
    Talismans.
    Not designed to fuck over players.

You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between things you don't like and things that don't work or are actually intended to screw people over.
  • Sounds like we have different definitions of "design" and "fuck over" players.

Making something I paid for cost more to be used again is what I'd call fucking me over, and it's a design decision, not a bug.

Talismans aka loot boxes might actually be illegal in the future, despite being in a realm lawmakers know little about, that's how predatorial they are, and their nature is well known in the gaming industry.
  • Lenn said:

Making something I paid for cost more to be used again is what I'd call fucking me over, and it's a design decision, not a bug.

What's stopping you from using housing?
  • edited December 2018
    A platinum prybar:                    150 credits - skilled_disassemble
       - Suffer no loss of commodities when DISASSEMBLING furniture.

DISASSEMBLE <furniture piece>
       - Should you have the permissions to place down a piece of furniture, you can also disassemble it. However, if you are not transcendent in the art of furnishing, you will not receive any materials in return.

I'm talking about this.
  • This whole "I knew the risks, took them, and didn't like the results, so it should be regulated.." is among the stupidest attitudes I see lately.

• Caelan said:
    This whole "I knew the risks, took them, and didn't like the results, so it should be regulated.." is among the stupidest attitudes I see lately.
    Remember when being afk was against the rules and people didn't bitch half as much about something that can literally be stopped with the purchase of two sigils and mild alertness? Pepperidge Farms remembers. 
  • I'd really like to see more 'Idea' type things made. I also would like to see ideas discussed and hashed out rather than relying on a 10-vote within a certain amount of time with no explanation. I'm not sure whether the Golden Dias of Creation discussions that used to happen along those lines were discontinued or died a natural death, but I think they are worth reviving.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Caelan said:
    This whole "I knew the risks, took them, and didn't like the results, so it should be regulated.." is among the stupidest attitudes I see lately.
    I barely use my house precisely because the risks aren't worth the minor roleplay fluff I spent thousands of credits to have, and therefore choose not to take them.

Go ahead, try to rob my house. I'll even let you know when the sigils decay. You won't get anything.

The risk has always been some lolpker coming in and attacking a guest without the slightest hint of roleplayed interaction, ruining whatever's going on and making people feel uncomfortable coming to my house again in the future.

Fuck lolpkers and their entitled bullshit.
  • Lenn said:
    Caelan said:
    I barely use my house precisely because the risks aren't worth the minor roleplay fluff I spent thousands of credits to have, and therefore choose not to take them.

Go ahead, try to rob my house. I'll even let you know when the sigils decay. You won't get anything.

The risk has always been some lolpker coming in and attacking a guest without the slightest hint of roleplayed interaction, ruining whatever's going on and making people feel uncomfortable coming to my house again in the future.

Unless you’ve let your sigils decay, they can only prism in. See a prism? Move rooms.

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Lenn said:
    Caelan said:

Lol. You have a list of these "entitled lolpkers"? I'm sure the admin team would love to know who prisms into player owned houses to kill completely random, innocent people. They're so interested in hearing your story, they made this fancy command.  Type ISSUE in game to learn more. 
  • DupreDupre M.
    edited December 2018
    If you want to use your house so bad why not just make it totally public?

With an oos plot you don't even have a Security minister breathing down your neck to not let city enemies in ...
  • I feel like people arguing homes are too insecure are just... bad at protecting them. I’ve had 2 breakins, and they were because I AFKed and someone prismd to me. If you pay attention it’s really a non-issue.

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates