New Class Psions!

Comments

• If anyone has trans'ed emulation, can you test if the transcendent skill permits a hunting defense to create copies which protect you during bashing. 

INDOMITABILITY
    Syntax:
    ENACT INDOMITABILITY

Works on/against:
    Self

Cooldown:
    2.30 seconds of equilibrium
    Details:
    The war veil. When empowered, an ultimate defence that could not be    
    penetrated. In an age where conflict was on the rise and death had      
    suddenly become a real concern for the Aldar, this was the relic that  
    they most vigourously wished to emulate the powers of. It was also the  
    one where they failed almost entirely.                                  

Though much research was done into a way to replicate the ultimate      
    defence, it was never achieved. Yet something else emerged from those  
    experiments: a way to allow ones miriad images to instinctively react to
    throw themselves in harms way. Though it was a bitter defeat in the eyes
    of those that had striven so hard, certain infamous Aldar made this into
    a truely terrible thing to behold.                                      

Each miriad image can take only so many(*) hits before it will shatter,
    and they will not always react.                                        

* Three strikes per image.

I am simply curious to know if its simply a defense for pvp or can also be used during bashing.  Also if they images break when you take the offense. 
  • I think Miriad works only on adventurers, so I expect this'd be the same as it mentions 'miriad images'.
  • edited December 2018
    Myriad*

Whoever thought spelling it as "Miriad" was a good idea can promptly go to language purgatory  

And if you're going to pull the "Ancient Greek usage" card, it's still not miriad.. it's μυριος (ten thousand).

Essentially, you're wrong. Please fix it
  • "Miriad" is Ancient Aldar for "Fuck You"
  • Avalanch laughs at you

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Doesn't work for bashing.

• Aegoth said:
    Myriad*

Whoever thought spelling it as "Miriad" was a good idea can promptly go to language purgatory  

And if you're going to pull the "Ancient Greek usage" card, it's still not miriad.. it's μυριος (ten thousand).

Essentially, you're wrong. Please fix it
    I figured the spelling was specifically to separate it from the actual word and its usage.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • It does, although it hardly triggers often.
    A mhun guard swings wildly with his shortsword, cutting you with the sharp blade.
    One of your miriad images interposes itself between you and harm.
  • A note for the above is that the miriad images follow you, and unless it's been fixed will remain with you even after a true death.
  • Oh wow, must be a very low proc chance. I let something hit me like 30 times and didn't get one blocked. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2018
    Probably something very minor for most, but I really love that we can use most of the weaving attacks to hunt with. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• DupreDupre M.
    edited December 2018
    If some weren't edged out from having slower speed then the variety might be cooler
  • It would also help if the damage wasn't pitifully low for bashing.
  • Been testing the combat all day, and here are my thoughts:

Pure damage kill seems really preventable, but opens up lock and mana forks.

Flurry kill is impossible if they cure properly, but you can get a good one in using invert and hope it's a oneshot. Fun but I don't think it's reliable. If they're not curing it properly though, a max hit flurry does nightmarish damage.

Mana kill feels good, reliable, but slow. The speed is compensated for in how strong muddle is for hinder, forks well into locks. I just really wish the class had a tool to view enemy mana, seeing as I don't have contemplate in vision. Would lower the barrier to entry. Funny story, I was practicing this one and my partner said I could have killed at 25 seconds, when I ended up killing at 41. Tightened it up since. 

Lock is extremely fast if you're rushing it, easily deviates into a mana kill. Lack of reliance on asthma makes it incredibly strong as a racing option against fitness classes unless you get really bad luck with sticking haemo. Would be nice if we had a better way to do that, but I can see how utterly broken it might be if we did.

So far I think the class has a lot of good options which are fun to execute and leave room for creativity and even some expression of style. A contemplate-like ability would be super nice. I'm really looking forward to seeing what other people come up with, especially as we collectively begin to understand the class better. Of course, the above is just what I personally think with what I've seen so far, and I could be wrong about the damage kills being unreliable and easy to cure around. Would definitely like to know if there's a kill that's both fast and reliable, being a huge fan of racing people. First time getting to test a new class while it's completely unsolved, and I am absolutely loving it!
  • My thoughts so far, as a non-veteran!

Bashing is tanky as a knight with WEAVE RALLY, but goodness me, does it rely on crits.
    ENACT IMPOSITION is fantastic for House novices. ENACT IMPOSITION novice FOLLOW JAEDRA works wonders.
    Love the RP of it. Switched to it for flavour reasons (I mean, come on, I'm a librarian!). 

End of thoughts summary: Love it, but make bashing less miserable and more damage-y!
  • For some reasons I can't projection swap cos there's a monolith, and I can't create cos I already created. I also can't recall which room it was created, so I can't go there and mushroom the monolith. Help @Makarios
  • Jaedra said:
    My thoughts so far, as a non-veteran!

Bashing is tanky as a knight with WEAVE RALLY, but goodness me, does it rely on crits.
    ENACT IMPOSITION is fantastic for House novices. ENACT IMPOSITION novice FOLLOW JAEDRA works wonders.
    Love the RP of it. Switched to it for flavour reasons (I mean, come on, I'm a librarian!). 

End of thoughts summary: Love it, but make bashing less miserable and more damage-y!
    It is NOT as tanky as a Runewarden, not even close. Weave rally is nice, but they extended the cooldown, so you can't just spam it anymore, and it still takes up ~2 seconds of balance. But there are things I could have breezed through as Runie but have to hit and run as a Psion, even with Rally. It's not terrible or anything, I have a lot more health than I did with Serpent so I can take more hits than I could as a Serpent, but Psion is not tanky. At least Serpent killed things fast enough, the incoming damage didn't last as long, with Psions the fight can seem like it's never going to end.
  • Psion hunting is probably 10-15% better than S&B. Is at the bottom tier. 
  • edited December 2018
    Garner said:
    Jaedra said:
    My thoughts so far, as a non-veteran!

It is NOT as tanky as a Runewarden, not even close. Weave rally is nice, but they extended the cooldown, so you can't just spam it anymore, and it still takes up ~2 seconds of balance. But there are things I could have breezed through as Runie but have to hit and run as a Psion, even with Rally. It's not terrible or anything, I have a lot more health than I did with Serpent so I can take more hits than I could as a Serpent, but Psion is not tanky. At least Serpent killed things fast enough, the incoming damage didn't last as long, with Psions the fight can seem like it's never going to end.
    Point taken. I agree with you, but I do particularly enjoy rally, nonetheless.

I will especially agree with that it feels like fights can take forever. Point accepted, fully.
  • We just gonna ignore that PSI MANIPULATE has no fail condition? Truelocked? PSI MANIPULATE TOUCH TREE and you're out of it...

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Expunge is a superior alternative to TOUCH TREE given that almost nobody does a bare true lock and nothing else. 
  • Vinzent said:
    Expunge is a superior alternative to TOUCH TREE given that almost nobody does a bare true lock and nothing else. 
    Not exactly my point, but yeah.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited December 2018
    Another upload. I fixed the battlerage stuff for keneanung's basher, but I'll take this time to talk about Psion's weird battlerage.
    First battlerage is a standard DoT. Second is the strong attack most classes get third. Then we have an ability that stops denizens from healing - sounds pretty good, depending on how long it lasts. Fourth is another damage attack - but unlike other battlerages, it doesn't depend on denizen status afflictions, so you can't really synergise with other hunters. Fifth is terror, which gives them fear, the only way Psion's can work with other hunters. And a standard shield break.
    So, this script is exactly the same as the default, only there's an extra battlerage strat called "psisimple". It's basically simple, where it does strong attacks, then if it has the rage, it'll do the minor attack. In this case, the minor attack isn't the DoT, it's Whirlwind, the "medium" attack. If you prefer the DoT as the secondary attack, you can make edits. Just go into your profile folder, go into the "Bashing" folder there, and replace the file. It should be 'script.lua'. Be sure to close and reopen your profile, and set the battlerage strat to 'psisimple'. Also, no fix for razing with rage, as I don't do that.
  • Garner said:
    Fourth is another damage attack - but unlike other battlerages, it doesn't depend on denizen status afflictions, so you can't really synergise with other hunters.
    Weave Whirlwind?

Did you actually test that it doesn't have a status condition? The 25 rage battlerage is supposed to use a status condition in every class battlerage across the board
  • edited December 2018
    Dupre said:
    Garner said:
    Fourth is another damage attack - but unlike other battlerages, it doesn't depend on denizen status afflictions, so you can't really synergise with other hunters.
    Weave Whirlwind?

Did you actually test that it doesn't have a status condition? The 25 rage battlerage is supposed to use a status condition in every class battlerage across the board
    Every other battlerage that is affect by a status condition says it both in the AB listing, and at least hints to it in the AB description. This does neither. It may be planned in the future, when they decide which ones to pair it with, but for now, it doesn't seem that way.

EDIT: No, I didn't test it. I don't feel like tracking down all the different classes, seeing which they have, and trying to talk people into the tedious task of finding things we could both not die against yet survive long enough to generate the battlerage for both abilities. I have enough of a headache getting other stuff working, I'm not going to care that much.
  • There are like 50 typos in the psion ABs right now, including a bunch of abilities saying they work on "None."

Depthswalker conditional attack also does not hint in the description the conditions:

"Your command of time allows you to erase the very concept of a denizen 
    from the timestream, inflicting catastrophic damage against their 
    person."
  • normally Achaea should not impact my Starmourn playtime... until psions class came along. What a malicious timing of this release...?!

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The hunting really is atrocious. Its like SNB without the fullplate.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    The hunting really is atrocious. Its like SNB without the fullplate.
    what is the problem with Psions' bashing? just curious. well yeah, Psions can only wear cloth only.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Aralaya said:
    We just gonna ignore that PSI MANIPULATE has no fail condition? Truelocked? PSI MANIPULATE TOUCH TREE and you're out of it...

Mak said that isn't going to remain, so it's not a major concern.