Stockings 2018!

Comments

• Rich folk shouldn't be the only ones able to put their hat in the ring for the big prizes is kinda the bottom line on all this :v 
  • Ygia said:
    Rich folk shouldn't be the only ones able to put their hat in the ring for the big prizes is kinda the bottom line on all this :v 
    They aren't the only ones who can. I won off two stockings the first time. 

• I agree with @Antonius ... getting rid of the announcement would solve everyone's little gripe here...
    An announcement that someone HAS won it should still remain, but yeah...

On another subject... it's the 16th, is there going to be a mid month switchup...  or is this continuous this month?? If it can be said
  • Ive only spent money on Kriex through the stockings. A total of $325 from this Decembers promotions and the 2017 promotion. I have gotten over 7k credits total over both months.  Thats well over $1000 saved if I bought the credits outright without any promotion. Stockings will always be worth opening. Big prize or not.
  • edited December 2018
    Making an announcement only show when it's won would be good.
    Make it so the STOCKINGS command also shows roughly when the last ultimate one was opened. Gives people some sort of vague idea as to whether or not it might be close, without explicitly giving it away.
    'The last ultimate stocking was opened approximately 36 hours ago.' - Doesn't have to be exact timing.

• Cooper said:
    Three things - 

1. You're acting as if winning the big prize is the only reason to buy stockings - it isn't. 

2. Telling people to not buy stockings and to wait for a 40% off sale is incredibly terrible advice. If you're actually doing that, please message everyone you've told that and apologize to them. Even the people with "bad" luck are coming out ahead of a 40% bonus the vast majority of the time.

3. Bound vs unbound doesn't matter for the small people who need the credits for lessons and artefacts. It really only affects the people who want unbounds to buy promo stuff and resell it. If you want to gift something to someone, you can hang stockings for them. 
    1. I didn’t say that, I was speaking specifically on OPENING the stockings, would you mass open 20 stockings without the chance of the mega stocking?

2. It’s absolutely the best time to buy, you don’t even need IRE, just a friend with it, grab 50% and you have the MOST flexible currency in the game, and en masse without requiring any luck, as well as having the ability to amass your own wealth stockpile too. You misconstrue that I tell people to bind those credits: I don’t, I tell them to wait for desperate people liquidating cheap talisman redeems for maximise profit, or flipping certain items from market. It’s important to remember I only tell people this if they aren’t willing to risk waiting for the “big reward” items, such as the spin, mega stocking or globe/giftbag. Someone who can just dunk 100 stockings is different to someone who may push absolutely all their spending funds for 5 for the month. Sounds like you don’t want people triggering the bonuses for you though!

3.see 2. It doesn’t, but there are much better ways to do precisely the same thing.

don’t confuse my advice as only saying “wait for 40%” and nothing else, Hopefully I can arm everyone to wheel and deal, and maximise their returns where possible!
  • Seems some of my maths was off even with the worst stocking results, so it’s a good promo relative to raw credit prices but still better off holding off and buying in bulk on a month like december, but it is starting to show that their raw credit prices are not keeping up with how these promos are paying out, or that the difference between promos is pushing the divide further apart. I’ll just tell people to save and find out ~half way through a month whether to empty the coffers for bulk benefit or keep waiting, but definitely still better off hanging your stockings and only opening them during the large stocking announcement, there’s no immediate loss of value to doing so.
  • I also agree that the value difference between bound/unbound is becoming a concern. 

We are seeing instances where people will pay out different amounts in bound/unbound with margins that are anywhere between 5%-20%.

I feel like the admin/market currently sees two currencies (credits/gold) when there is actually three (bound/unbound/gold). With more bound credit promos (stockings, globes, canes), the gap will get larger and the market will be harder to control.

Tldr; Life was so much easier when you had to value credits against gold. At this rate, bound credits will replace normal credits and mess everything up real proper
  • Currency wise, the game has a lot of currencies right now, different in liquidity.
  • Or.... we could go back to talisman pieces have NO redeem value and people paying for them, what they think its usefulness is worth, like the good old sets... wonders historical dragon etc etc.

That's when real merchanting was a thing.
  • Gross.

• Proficy said:
    Or.... we could go back to talisman pieces have NO redeem value and people paying for them, what they think its usefulness is worth, like the good old sets... wonders historical dragon etc etc.

That's when real merchanting was a thing.
    I can’t say it was perfect, but I made a hell of a margin on some of the wonders sets
  • You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 189 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 25 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 20 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 12 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 12 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 18 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, rime-tinted goggles, and a group of 13 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 32

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and a group of 12 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 34 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and a group of 7 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 12 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 228 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and a group of 26 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 9 candycanes and a group of 10 coal pieces inside!

You open a fancy stocking and find a group of 8 candycanes and 1669 gold sovereigns inside!
  • Moving my total up to around 60 caches, 0 pennon pieces, and refined around 25 times (with help) and 0 pennon pieces. Not sure if I am more depressed or frustrated, but that is awful.

The stockings were a great credit return, but as someone mentioned, it is all bound credits and I can't use them for things i want, so not a great help.

• I forgot to copy them, but I had 10 more stockings that gave out 3 Mayan crowns, a pipe, a cigarbox, and 35 candycanes.

My absolute last set of 10 (and the 7 plat and 3 gold) are still waiting to be drawn. And they will be my last set. Seriously this time.

• I had a dream that the two Suremekh’neina pieces I need dropped from my leftover gold stockings... I need help :(
  • 30 Stockings -  97 candycanes, 3 caches, 3 crowns, 2 cigar boxes, 2 pipes and 2 vials - still got some gold ones hanging.

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 10 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 669 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 32 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 12 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 402 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 25 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and 1971 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1549 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and 888 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 26 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 29 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 13 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 25 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 18 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and a group of 11 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 1561 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 13 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 32 ginseng roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 20 lobelia seeds inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 15 goldenseal roots inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 10 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, and a group of 12 coal pieces inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 21 bloodroot leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an interlocked cache, and 1658 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 675 gold sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 23 valerian leaves inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 20 ginseng roots inside!

• Dairon said:
    I had a dream that the two Suremekh’neina pieces I need dropped from my leftover gold stockings... I need help :(
    Yeah, I'm hoping to get one more single piece from a pile of stockings!
  • edited December 2018
    I'm with you on that Suremekh hunt. Those things are elusive.

I just need that sweet sweet clasp. I wish I could spend bound credits to get it because I have a ton of those. ;_;

And if one of you gives up on getting the full set and wants to pawn off a clasp once logosmas is done, I'll be willing to give like 300cr in bound through talisman bits. >_>
  • lets make this ~75 caches and not a single Pennon piece...
  • You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and a group of 31 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a striped candy cane pipe, and 1163 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and 1891 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 159 gold sovereigns inside!
    The big stocking prize has been claimed!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 100 candycanes, Pixie's Boots, and a group of 9 steel bars inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 6 wood commodities inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a Mayan Crown, and a group of 35 goldenseal roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and 2002 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and a group of 12 pieces of rope inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1548 gold sovereigns inside!

Hooooly crap, I have never been so happy to have screwed up prevailing and aero soaring so much before. I was certain I'd be too late. Glad I did this last set though: 132 canes, 2 crowns, 3 pipes, and Pixie boots.

The ironic bit? I actually was planning on buying Pixie boots, because I was a Serpent. It was going to be my first big purchase. Then Psions came out, I switched, and now... Kind of wish it were gauntlets, but oh well. Trade in 333, canes being either 660 at 5 per or 792 at 6 per.  3 pipes at 99 total. Crowns at 70.

That's 1294 value. More if I kept the boots, which I won't, because Psion doesn't use dex. Would rather get a belt or something using the credits.

So I pulled ~ 250 on the first, ~ 500 on the second, ~300 on the third, ~400 on the fourth, and now ~1300 on the fifth.
    250 bucks gets you 800 credits. This got me 2750, nearly %350 value. A little (a lot) skewed by that last lucky big prize, but still awesome.
    And I still have 10 extra value stockings for later in the month to open.
  • edited December 2018
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 6 candycanes and 1448 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 1796 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and 944 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 11 coal pieces inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, an antler pipe, and 602 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a decorated cigar box, a garland wreathed vial, and 2095 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a garland wreathed vial, and a group of 31 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 4 candycanes and 1794 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes, a tundral drinking horn, and 1576 gold sovereigns inside!
    You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 3 candycanes and a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

Might be my last round, I'll think about getting 1 more before new years but otherwise this haul wasn't too bad.
    34 canes, pipe, 2 vials, cigar box and horn. 200cr tradein from pipe/box/horn, 170cr from canes and 2 vials that I'm keeping (7/12 now!)

• If people hang a stocking for you, do you receive a message? I have heard otherwise. Without the message, no one knows!
  • Yes, you receive a message.

• Dochitha said:
    If people hang a stocking for you, do you receive a message? I have heard otherwise. Without the message, no one knows!
    I assume it's the same as the one you get when you hang it for yourself <name or anon> has hung a stocking for you at <location> also in case you've missed any , check the stockings command once in a while.
  • edited December 2018
    nvm...
  • Soon our glorious overspending will be rewarded, friends.

Good luck on everyone's gold stockings!

Happy Logosmas!
  • You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, a group of 10 wood commodities, a group of 29 lobelia seeds, and a group of 30 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a free trait reset, a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, 1416 gold sovereigns, 1741 gold sovereigns, a group of 29 goldenseal roots, and a group of 35 ginseng roots inside!
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a group of 5 Lucrescent nuts, a wooden box of parts, a wooden box of parts, a worn whetstone, 1223 gold sovereigns, 1785 gold sovereigns, 1893 gold sovereigns, 1972 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 pieces of rope, a group of 11 steel bars, a group of 13 wood commodities, and a group of 32 bloodroot leaves inside!

Not as great as I was expecting... No canes. Trait reset is really nice, I was going to get one of those anyway. Nuts aren't cheap, so ten is pretty decent. Not sure how much box of parts go for, and I suck at humgii tickets. We'll see how lucky I get this time. Tough to value these pulls.
  • I think these ones are broken my dudes