New Class Psions!

Comments

• edited December 2018
    bleh  

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Klendathu said:
    Ictinus said:
    FYI, newbies have a specific exception to ensure they don't have to climb the Tree in order to be able to learn the class. 
    Alright, fess up, what have you done with the adventurer-hating, foray-designing, real Ictinus?
    I guess it's only fun when the opposition sort of barely stands a chance?
  • Antonius said:
    Klendathu said:
    Ictinus said:
    FYI, newbies have a specific exception to ensure they don't have to climb the Tree in order to be able to learn the class. 
    Alright, fess up, what have you done with the adventurer-hating, foray-designing, real Ictinus?
    I take it you've not tried forrays... I'm like 1:6674 on successful completion. 
  • Insertion is just a visual thing for the target. Can't mimic Divine but you can do people like Aringar, Nicator, Sinope, and immortal city founders. 
  • Vinzent said:
    Insertion is just a visual thing for the target.
    Winky face.

• Austere said:
    Antonius said:
    Klendathu said:
    Ictinus said:
    I take it you've not tried forrays... I'm like 1:6674 on successful completion. 
    That meets my definition of "sort of barely stands a chance".
  • So the Spirit Unweaving, which is supposed to be cured by smoking elm, appears to be bugged. It refuses to go away. Even when inverting the weave to another one doesn't get rid of it like it should - rather than losing spirit and gaining body, you gain body and keep spirit. Only death cures it.
  • Got to experiment with the class last night until I couldn't see straight from fatigue. Love it. Main kill feels extremely smooth and organic while still containing interesting mechanics which all the while lend themselves to guiding the player towards performing the sequence as intended. Easy to pick up and I see it being rewarding to master once we get there. All of my love to the design team. <3
  • Deconstruct
    Third Person: Raising a hand, you reach out and seize all of the fundamental threads that compose Morn, and violently twist them.
    Without word or fanfare the body of Morn breaks apart into bright motes of light, their ephemeral substance fading away as soon as they form.
    You have slain Morn.

First Person: As the flash fades, everything suddenly feels terribly wrong. All at once, your body simply ceases to function - the last glimpse afforded to you before the terrible cold of death overwhelms all else is that of your skin and flesh peeling away from your bones, sloughing away not into gristle and gore, but into tiny motes that silently fade away.
    Excise
    Third Person: You drive a psionic blade into the very heart of Morn's mind, cutting away that which makes up his identity.
    The eyes of Morn roll back in his head, blood dribbling from his mouth as teeth bite down upon tongue. Every muscle stands out beneath suddenly waxen skin as if straining against some terrible weight, then all at once slacken as the lifeless corpse that remains drops to the ground.
    You have slain Morn.

First Person: A pain so profound that you cannot even scream blossoms behind your eyes, your body refusing to obey as you frantically seek to act. Blessed darkness is denied you for what feels an eternity before it finally ends, as your soul claws free of the agony which caged it.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • How devious. Introducing a new class at the same time as releasing Starmourn. Too much stuff to explore!
  • edited December 2018
    @Rangor My thoughts exactly! I love that they're giving us new shiny things!

• Two credit funnels before the holidays and end of the year, FTW!
  • I'm mostly just waiting for Farrah to post a log of her pwning someone

I might be waiting til January to tritrans. :(

I can do a basic offense without, but no room hinder (because it's in the third skill)  makes duelling unappealing.
  •  Ensign Vinzent Obuun leaves the cooling corpse of (?name?) in his wake.
    Best deathsight ever.
  • Vinzent said:
     Ensign Vinzent Obuun leaves the cooling corpse of (?name?) in his wake.
    Best deathsight ever-
    -belongs to Unravel.
    You seem to have had an unfinished sentence. No worries, I fixed it for you.

• It was sarcasm. The best belongs to Updraft. 
  • edited December 2018
    Vinzent said:
    It was sarcasm. The best belongs to Unravel. 
    Bit of a typo in that last sentence. No worries, fixed that up for you as well. You had the right first letter, at least, and character length.

• Pyori said:
    Vinzent said:
    It was sarcasm. The best belongs to Penwize and his(/her) bell.
    Bit of a typo in that last sentence. No worries, fixed that up for you as well. You had the right first letter, at least, and character length.
    Honestly you're terrible at fixing typos.  There, properly fixed it for you.
  • Klendathu said:
    Ictinus said:
    I know it's not really Ictinus because the class design doesn't involve pearling.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I just noticed that the majority of weavings can be used on denizens, anyone figure out which one is the best for hunting. I tried using flurry and it does alright but it varies. I don't know how 14 strikes can not do that much damage  :p 
  • Torrent said:
    I just noticed that the majority of weavings can be used on denizens, anyone figure out which one is the best for hunting. I tried using flurry and it does alright but it varies. I don't know how 14 strikes can not do that much damage  :p 
    I've tested this on goats in Actar. Every attack that can be done on denizens did the same amount of damage - 8% with 12 strength. Flurry hit number doesn't matter - a flurry of 6 and a flurry of 11 both do 8%. The only thing that is different between the attacks seems to be balance recovery time, in which Deathblow slightly edges out with 2.2 balance instead of the usual 2.3 (or flurry's 2.6).
    So just use your favorite, or mix and match. Or stick with deathblow for the slight balance edge.
  • Flurry vs denizens just shows a random number of hits for fun, its consistent damage.

• Penwize said:
    Pyori said:
    Vinzent said:
    It was sarcasm. The best belongs to Penwize and his(/her) bell.
    Honestly you're terrible at fixing typos.  There, properly fixed it for you.
    Penwize barely even plays.

• Initial thoughts from the little bit of testing I did last night (after I'd spent about two hours learning skills. 15k lessons takes way too long when you have to do it 20 at a time):

Weaving abilities looked like they scaled on strength alone, but the scaling didn't seem that high when going from 13 to 16 strength. I just went for constitution racial spec and Robust for my third major trait; Nimble and Health Inspector are the obvious choices for the other two majors.

Psionics Projection would benefit from having an option to remove it without having to swap three times.

The class would probably benefit from a way to see unweaving spirit/body/mind levels, similar to Two-Handed's Battlefury Perceive to see fracture levels. Bonus if it also showed bleeding level. Can live without both of these - there's sufficient third person messages to track unweaving, for example - but it would be nice to not have to code that stuff yourself.

The flavour is really nice, but there's a lot going on when you attack between (potentially) a new weapon being weaved, the attack lines themselves, contemplate and assess, and transcend. I gagged the line for weaving a new weapon as well as all of the messages regarding Transcend (I just track it and display it on my custom prompt instead) to cut down on it a bit.
  • Antonius said:

The class would probably benefit from a way to see unweaving spirit/body/mind levels, similar to Two-Handed's Battlefury Perceive to see fracture levels. Bonus if it also showed bleeding level. Can live without both of these - there's sufficient third person messages to track unweaving, for example - but it would be nice to not have to code that stuff yourself.

The Sensitivity ability (which is passive) is the only thing that gives you third person messages and it only gives them when the unweaves reach deconstuct level. What are you actually tracking off the 3ps? I think I prefer it this way than with an evaluate.

Bleed there's no way to see, yeah. You just have to test and see the various amounts each attack gives, then go by that (with haemophilia stuck so it doesn't go back down). A bleed check would add the benefit of being able to easily track when haemophilia is cured, which is not necessarily desirable.
  • Farrah said:
    Antonius said:

The Sensitivity ability (which is passive) is the only thing that gives you third person messages and it only gives them when the unweaves reach deconstuct level. What are you actually tracking off the 3ps? I think I prefer it this way than with an evaluate.

Bleed there's no way to see, yeah. You just have to test and see the various amounts each attack gives, then go by that (with haemophilia stuck so it doesn't go back down). A bleed check would add the benefit of being able to easily track when haemophilia is cured, which is not necessarily desirable.
    I'm not tracking anything yet. I didn't do tons of testing last night (and even less writing/updating of scripts, aliases, triggers, etc.), and unweaves in particular I hadn't explored fully.

I'd assumed - it would seem incorrectly - that the third person messages I was seeing corresponded to an increase in the "level" of the unweaving (though spirit appears to be the only truly stacking affliction); if it just shows when they're in deconstruct range, that changes things a bit. I'll probably switch it to some kind of tracking so I don't have to see tons of those messages, but that may just be yes/no on deconstruct range rather than tracking the specific level.

There are also third person cure messages for the unweave afflictions based on what I was seeing last night.
  • I just meant in terms of the need for an evaluate command. For my purposes, I think the messages suffice (without any real need for coding). Obviously everyone can customize as they want with coding. But the messages being the final stage as opposed to one stack is relevant, yeah.

Though, it occurs to me that it might be nice if sensitivity also informed you how much bleed you delivered per attack rather than requiring someone else to tell you how much each attack gives you. That'd help people starting out.
  • Farrah said:
    I just meant in terms of the need for an evaluate command. For my purposes, I think the messages suffice (without any real need for coding).
    Mostly it would have been to know when you could deconstruct, but if that's what the messages are already indicating, I agree something like evaluate is much less useful. To a (much) lesser extent it would also give a bit more information about what exactly is happening when you use invert, but I suspect that level of precision isn't actually necessary.
  • Antonius said:
    Initial thoughts from the little bit of testing I did last night (after I'd spent about two hours learning skills. 15k lessons takes way too long when you have to do it 20 at a time):

Weaving abilities looked like they scaled on strength alone, but the scaling didn't seem that high when going from 13 to 16 strength. I just went for constitution racial spec and Robust for my third major trait; Nimble and Health Inspector are the obvious choices for the other two majors.

Psionics Projection would benefit from having an option to remove it without having to swap three times.

The flavour is really nice, but there's a lot going on when you attack between (potentially) a new weapon being weaved, the attack lines themselves, contemplate and assess, and transcend. I gagged the line for weaving a new weapon as well as all of the messages regarding Transcend (I just track it and display it on my custom prompt instead) to cut down on it a bit.
    Yeah its kinda like monk as a str/int hybrid. You can focus on strength for more damage with your weaving then you can focus on int to give abilities like destruction more power.
  • Svof currently doesn't have a Psion profile. I did some work and put everything in for it (minus new affs), and put in a pull request. It'll take a while for it to update, so here's a copy that I built. It's strictly for Psions, hosted on my Dropbox.