New Class Psions!

For everything people have to say about Psions! Thank you @Makarios, @Nicola, and everyone!

Comments

• Oh, good. Another class to learn.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • GILGAMESH, IS THAT YOU?!
  • Early impressions, mostly about bashing:

Fast hunting attacks, but the damage is crap, so it takes forever to kill something unless you get really lucky with crits. All the attacks do the same amount of damage, even Flurry, regardless of balance cost. Default is 2.3, nimble brings it to 2.1.
    Not overly tanky, but the Weaving Rally ability heals 30% and can overheal, on a 2 second balance with nimble. The "cooldown" is actually less than the balance cost, so it's not a huge deal.
    Psi Breathrough doesn't seem to have a downside, so you end up with a slightly faster balance, but not a huge one that I can tell, and it's something you have to keep up. Doesn't stay up that long, so not a big factor with hunting, particularly with the 3 second eq usage.
    Guidedstrike is only really useful if you're high enough level to be hitting plane-razing anyway. But when you get there, I imagine it makes for great hunting if you don't have the paragon.

Not the best I've hunted with, not the worst either.
  • First, and most important, question: Is the class actually called Psions or is it Psion? Psions would make it the first pluralised class name.
  • It is Psion.

Also: Stop making classes that you have to do something in order to unlock them or lock them behind something other than Certimene.

I have been wandering around Nur for an hour and can't find out how to get to to this Saal-elan place and I pity any newbie who sees it and picks it up because you aren't making it up the world tree sub 21.
  • INSERTION
    Syntax:
    PSI INSERTION <target> <CITY|PARTY|ARMY|TELL> <talker> <message>

Works on/against:
    None

Cooldown:
    2.40 seconds of equilibrium
    Details:
    Interfering in an individuals telepathic communication channels is a    
    trivial enough process if one knows how. It is said that the true born  
    Aldar could project their influence across an entire network, but alas  
    such is lost to all but the barest few. You may target an individual and
    make them see a message on the channel you so desire, though the        
    telesense defence will make it apparent to them that someone is        
    interfering (though they will not see who). 

RIP Party Target call following. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    INSERTION
    Syntax:
    PSI INSERTION <target> <CITY|PARTY|ARMY|TELL> <talker> <message>

Works on/against:
    None

Cooldown:
    2.40 seconds of equilibrium
    Details:
    Interfering in an individuals telepathic communication channels is a    
    trivial enough process if one knows how. It is said that the true born  
    Aldar could project their influence across an entire network, but alas  
    such is lost to all but the barest few. You may target an individual and
    make them see a message on the channel you so desire, though the        
    telesense defence will make it apparent to them that someone is        
    interfering (though they will not see who). 

RIP Party Target call following. 
    Automated party target calls aren't going anywhere. In order to get an entire group to switch you'd have to trick one of the people who are calling targets into switching theirs, and telesense sounds like it's a hard counter to this ability.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    How I read it is the individual being affected SEES a message as if it were on the channel, not that they send one. So only one person would be affected by a duff party target call

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ok Miriad is not good for solo combat, but seems great for group!
  • Anyone figure out what is the spirit portion of unraveling is about? Is that just afflictions?
  • edited December 2018
    No clue, it’s not listed in the AB and mind is listed as mana. Also apparently you can keep unravelking after QQing and relogging, and there’s no cure, except for having it forcibly cured by the arena.

Edit: apparently there is a cure but it’s manual... no idea what it is tho, and unweaving persists if you leave the room or relog, not sure if it’s intended or if I broke Achaea.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • edited December 2018
    Literally the first line in the help file, ignore my ignorance.
  • edited December 2018
    Aralaya said:
    No clue, it’s not listed in the AB and mind is listed as mana. Also apparently you can keep unravelking after QQing and relogging, and there’s no cure, except for having it forcibly cured by the arena.

Edit: apparently there is a cure but it’s manual... no idea what it is tho, and unweaving persists if you leave the room or relog, not sure if it’s intended or if I broke Achaea.
    There is a way to cure unweave, rather two different cures for unweave body and mind.

Edit:@Makarios, could there also be a way to remove Miriad clones? In 1v1 combat if you use it, it sticks to you and attacks you but there is no current way to remove them.
  • Torrent said:
    Aralaya said:

There is a way to cure unweave, rather two different cures for unweave body and mind.
    Yes, I said that in my edit.

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • ******************************************************************************
    **-->       You appear to have caused an untrapped error in Achaea       <--**
    **-->         Please do not execute this command again (for now)         <--**
    **-->                      "weave charge andraste"                       <--**
    ******************************************************************************

So far so good.

• Aralaya said:

You should be able to adjust the serverside priority if it's not already got a priority for you. It's just a normal aff.
  • Farrah said:
    Aralaya said:

You should be able to adjust the serverside priority if it's not already got a priority for you. It's just a normal aff.
    What are the affs called?

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I'm mostly just waiting for Farrah to post a log of her pwning someone

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Aralaya said:
    Farrah said:
    Aralaya said:

What are the affs called?
    They're 'unweavingbody', 'unweavingmind', 'unweavingspirit'. They aren't showing up in curing priorities but that's probably a bug.

• Accipiter said:
    It is Psion.

Also: Stop making classes that you have to do something in order to unlock them or lock them behind something other than Certimene.

I have been wandering around Nur for an hour and can't find out how to get to to this Saal-elan place and I pity any newbie who sees it and picks it up because you aren't making it up the world tree sub 21.
    1000% disagree. Truly, though, it’s just a matter of opinion.

Locking classes behind quests give those classes a degree of specialness, ESPECIALLY if that class is a newly introduced class by a group of people migrating to our continent/world/plane/what have you. It makes me think of having to go through the gates to unlock psionics or the cavalier quests in Lusternia. It adds so much RP to the class!
  • It's not even that hard to get though? Walk up the tree, go into a portal, do one command, boom you can be a Psion

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    And newbies are immune to xp loss if they die under level 10... so they _might_ make it up the tree to get the class :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    And newbies are immune to xp loss if they die under level 10... so they _might_ make it up the tree to get the class :D
    Or ask someone to help you up there?

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Maybe it's a bug thne, but any newbie can just walk to Certimene right now and get psion without going thru the tree first
  • What does unweaving do? I can't see any info on it properly.
  • If there was some kind of warning that you had to do extra stuff I would agree, a warning on Certimene or something that you will have to learn your class skills from a special trainer, an actual note in the help file that tells you you have to do an extra step before you learn class skills, giving them some way to get up there that doesn't go through the tree that will instagib them because they won't have the means to rezz themselves and keep going through. Maybe capitalise well of power to closer reflext the name of the room they are looking for because unless you are reading the room desc it is easy to miss because it isn't an object in the room. The interaction syntax is also not the easiest to figure out without knowing the kind of stuff Achaea throws at you with room movement. Whack an angel at portals that will port someone to the room and I would be happy. I have played Achaea for 18 years and it still took me 10 minutes to work out after someone told me the room that I missed because I have room descriptions off (which I am pretty sure is still the default new char config).

But looking at the blademaster quest I doubt anything will be done, it will be a trap class for newbies where they will have to be lucky that someone is around who know wtf they have to do and is willing to put the time in to help.
  • Ictinus said:
    FYI, newbies have a specific exception to ensure they don't have to climb the Tree in order to be able to learn the class. 
    I withdraw my comments then, that is awesome.
    Ictinus said:
    FYI, newbies have a specific exception to ensure they don't have to climb the Tree in order to be able to learn the class. 
    Alright, fess up, what have you done with the adventurer-hating, foray-designing, real Ictinus?