The Echo Chamber

edited December 2018 in The Universal Membrane
Hey guys, I'm doing a project trying to analyze the theoretical political echo chamber that seems to have been so prevalent recently. If you wouldn't mind filling out this quick survey, I would really appreciate it! Its just four questions, shouldn't take more than two minutes of your time.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z6G2K3C

Thanks!

edit: I'll be posting this on other IRE forums as well, so if you've filled it out in one place, please don't fill it out again!

Comments

• Hard to answer the 5th question if the 4th response is a 'they don't have anything'.

• Worth noting that if you're not on social media, the survey doesn't have the option of non applicable, making most of the answers useless. 
  • Cooper said:
    Hard to answer the 5th question if the 4th response is a 'they don't have anything'.
    Good point! Just go ahead and answer "no" if it didn't say anything. I'm not sure why it does for some people and not for others haha.

• Austere said:
    Worth noting that if you're not on social media, the survey doesn't have the option of non applicable, making most of the answers useless. 
    And yes, it does assume that people are on social media to at least some extent.

• Should have prefaced this telling us it is for social media users. I don’t use FB so I couldnt answer most of it.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Yeah, agree with @Cooper - Says nothing about politics (thankfully). 

I recommend when constructing another survey to be more unbiased and think it through better. 
  • edited December 2018
    @DraukoI'm not sure biased is the word you're looking for - there's no bias there at all. If there was, that would imply I'm favoring one side or another. If you mean less  biased to social media, the project is -on- social media, so it is intentionally biased towards it. Although, I agree that I should have made that more clear. You're right that it probably could have been done a lot of things better, but I suppose that's what happens when you spend literally 5 minutes throwing a couple questions together lol. I'm more interested in just getting the assignment done and turned in than having an expertly done survey lol. I don't need to provide the exact questions used in the report, so I wasn't too concerned. Got about 4 other major projects and essays to complete by the end of the week (yay finals), so it wasn't my top priority!