Great Beginner Artefacts?

I recently got my first artefact (Gattan'lier's hunger) and am loving it.
What should I go for next? I've got no idea where to focus now!

For those who don't know me, I'm a Depthswalker/Earth Lord, sub-dragon. 

Thanks for your help!

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."

Comments

• Can you wield an SoA? If so, get an SoA.

If not, change to a class that can wield an SoA and buy an SoA

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • One, not Gattan'lier's hunger. Two, SoA. Then con belt.
  • Gattan'lier's hunger was a good purchase. It's more helpful than a scythe for DW offense. 

Bracelets are a good budget option but won't be as effective in PvP as a sip ring would unless they up you another break level.

SoA is outstanding, if you can wield it. Any of those three will be good starting points.
  • Crit pendant, if you bash at all. Level one crit pendant is by far the most cost efficient artefact you can get. But it only helps for bashing.
  • SOA is the most cost efficient. It was so good they upped the price of it.

• 2 flowerpots, cigar box and a golden mill. You’ll thank me later.
  • Permanent tree tattoo.
  • You can't go wrong with Shield of Absorption. I also think there's a paragon with the same function. Take your pick.

• Venser said:
    You can't go wrong with Shield of Absorption. I also think there's a paragon with the same function. Take your pick.

The paragon is 200 credits more expensive (not including the cost of getting an embrasure for your armour), and doesn't come with the cutting and blunt resistance that the shield has (which is better than most shield types). If you can use a shield, there's only one sensible choice.
    Krizal said:
    Permanent tree tattoo.
    I'd say it's also worth doing permanent shield too. Tree and shield are both ones that you don't want running out of charges during a long fight. You can probably get phials of shimmering ink for less than 100 credits if you wait for a giftbag promotion.