Dual blunt questions and artefact priorities

Dual blunt has me pretty intrigued. It looks like a limb prep class that trades some of hindering potential for being brutally efficient in getting breaks and dealing massive damage. Is this a correct assessment?  Is its bashing potential, with some arties, stronger than dragonform?

If I were to change and traded in everything I have that is not useful for blunt, i'd have about 3900 to spend. I would already have level 1 con, level one sip, and level one bracelets. What should my spending priorities be? All of the weapons is a little bit of a turn off right now, but as long as I can get my bashing to surpass what dragon is now I will be happy. That is top priority, if my bashing doesn't improve, I don't want to change.

So summary, what is dual blunt like? Can I expect my bashing to improve over dragonform (with soa) with the artefacts i have and what i have to spend? What should I spend my credits on? And when should I use flails vs morningstars? Which are more important? When does gaining strength become not worth it? With 16 base, jera, fury, level one strength, I could reach 20. Is level two strength useful to get to 21?

Also, is xoran good enough or is the troll racial actually pretty decent? I think that's all my questions for now. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Oh, I also already have a level 2 crit pendant.
  • I play DWB a lot, so I will chime in some of my information. DWB is a very potent PvP class, quick prep, strong damage. So yes your assessment is correct. But I'd point out, DWB doesn't trade off it's hindering potential. It's hinder is one of the best as well, if you can manage to prep and break, that's 4s down time, usually lets you cure up a lot of stuffs. Only thing is DWB's hinder is gated behind setup and knowing when to burn, as opposed to on-demands like hangedman.

Hunting wise it's not the best, but far above average, considering you have fullplate and runes. Morningstars do a little more DPS than it's flails counterpart, and quicker balance is always preferred, you can move to next room earlier, or flee earlier. But doesn't mean you must hunt with stars, flails are alright too.

Str spec DWB is almost a must to be effective, and if you str spec, it's better than Dragonform, DPS wise.

if you have 3900 credits, I'd do L2 for both stars and flails, and spend the rest getting other arties. L2s are decent for both PvP and hunting. L3 flails are quicker and barely opens up another kill path, but it's rarely needed. L2 for both lets you pulp and mangle. Artefact flails also raises mangle threshold for more health ranges. If you are not using artefact stars, you will not be able to do pulps starting with double break, you'd have to prep one more hit into a leg and start pulp sequence with whirl instead of doublewhirls. Starting a sequence with doublewhirl is important against some classes that requires arm breaks, or if you intend arm breaks to shorten tumble window.

Let me know IG if you need other information.

• Are level 2s a huge upgrade from level 1s? I could get like, a full set of level ones, two strength, upgrade con or sip to 2, upgrade bracelet to 2, and get a falcon collar. Otherwise full set of two weapons and i guess one strength?
  • Pretty excited to see that blunt has some hinder to it too. Sounds fun.
  • Or maybe level 1 flails are good enough? Could get level one flails, level two stars, 2 strength, and upgrade bracelets. 

Also how useful and efficient is the artifact that let's you use fury for longer per hour?
  • Gror said:
    Or maybe level 1 flails are good enough? Could get level one flails, level two stars, 2 strength, and upgrade bracelets. 

Also how useful and efficient is the artifact that let's you use fury for longer per hour?
    Do what you think is best. L1s are good as well. Start using fury first, until you need more of it, then get the arty.
  • I'd be hesitant to call anything DWB does as "Hinder" outside of class specific abilities (Gravehands, Isaz + Engage, Piety)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    I'd be hesitant to call anything DWB does as "Hinder" outside of class specific abilities (Gravehands, Isaz + Engage, Piety)
    Not referring hinder to room hinder here, was referring to defensive/offensive hindering.