Class Tier List, H2 2018

13»

Comments

• occie and 2h don't have lethargy "on-demand"
    spread positivity
  • The tl:dr of it: Alchemist has mayo.

No hate, I fight mostly as alchie because it's so damn easy to manual and do well.
  • Vender said:
    occie and 2h don't have lethargy "on-demand"
    Instill target with lethargy seems pretty on demand to me

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I love Jester, no matter where it ranks 🥰
  • *** You have not yet learned this ability ***

Syntax:
    INSTILL <target> WITH <affliction>

Works on/against:
    Adventurers

Cooldown:
    2.50 seconds of equilibrium
    Resource:
    50 mana
    Details:
    This ability will allow you to instill your victim's aura with various afflictions. You may select
    from: lethargy, clumsiness, haemophilia, healthleech, sensitivity, darkshade.

Just to put this to rest 100%
  • as i said occie number 1
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited December 2018
    Alchemist needs stupidity to lock right? That's rough.

Did they buff BM?
  • Mizik said:
    Alchemist needs stupidity to lock right? That's rough.

Did they buff BM?
    Yes.
    No.

• Why do they need stupidity to lock?
  • edited December 2018
    Salt or whatever is stopped by stupidity

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2018
    It's a bad idea to gate the ability to lock an alchemist(or any class) behind a focusable, it's a massive crutch

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • It's a misunderstanding of combat to see it as requiring that focusable pre-lock. I almost never pre-stupidity'd as bard and I locked plenty of alchemists. RNG cures are RNG cures. It's only a chance of a lock break. You can just let them salt once and stupidity after. That's why the affs are more difficult to stick for random cure abilities now.
  • Consider it like people have been tree tattoo for over a decade, what are kelp and ginseng stacks for? 
  • Everyone knows that when you don't care, salt will cure something inconsequential like nausea.
    When you're wanting to finish, it'll get asthma or slickness 100% of the time.

• Jovolo said:
    Consider it like people have been tree tattoo for over a decade, what are kelp and ginseng stacks for? 
    It’s less about the aff stack, than it is about being able to active heal with attack combo. No downside to using the active regarding offense.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Then that's the problem, not that it's cured by stupidity. Would it make more sense for it to consume temper balance as well as EQ/BAL?
  • No. It's no worse than hallelujah or shrugging and, if anything, dealing with those is far worse imo because serpent and bard have faster offenses. The suggestion was actually just rejected this past classlead round.
  • @farrah they may have a slower offense but aren't Alchemists a lot harder to reset against than Serpent?
  • edited December 2018
    Not in my opinion. Resetting affs as a concept is entirely different against serpent compared to alchemist, though, which may be what you mean. Against serpent, if you survive until pinshot has faded and aren't just about locked at that point, you're good to go. But I think it's more difficult to defend/cure up before that point than against alchemist.

Resetting is also not as relevant to whether they can cure passively or not. You need to race against their offense to get a kill while their passive curing is ticking. Once you're going defensive and just trying to reset the fight, you don't care about their passives anymore.
  • Dochitha said:
    Alchemist doesn't get to A+ cos copying Kenway, slow prep and fast prep are going to give trouble.
    huh?
  • I prefer the kind where your pick of class is stereotyped, for example:

Alchemist: Confused newbie wondering when they can shoot fire out of their hands and summon walls out of the ground OR A mysterious unknowable entity, cannot be sure they're even human any more. Has seen things you wouldn't believe. DO NOT TRUST THIS PLAYER. 

Jester: Unbearable wretch of a person/Fairly decent person who looked at the names of the abilities and decided "Yes, I want to play this" OR pre-nerf Demon wrapped in human skin from recent victim, looked at the mechanics of the abilities and said "Yes, I want to play this". Post-nerf is most likely player in need of a hug. 

MONK: Hunting class most in need of a hug. Don't feel too bad for them they had it good for a very long time. 

That sort of thing.