Furnishing question

So I know there was a change to furnishing and I was wondering if others were having this issue or am I just being a NuB and doing something wrong...

So they command is DESIGN <sketch> COPY <blueprint> to make a blank sketch that I can then add appearance, examined and so forth... I have a blueprint for a bed... So in order to do this I have the blueprint in my inv and when I try the syntax it reads "You cannot see that being here." 

I am doing  Design bed copy blueprint293211

And before you ask yes it is a blueprint for a bed

Am I just doing it wrong or what is the deal?

Because I have a feeling I am doing it wrong

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You want to DESIGN SKETCH COPY BLUEPRINT, actually. When you're with Fronck, he should sell blank sketches, which you basically treat as a blank paper that you draw the design on. Also, if you hit me up in game OOCly, I'll induct you into the UUC clan, which is a clan where you can ask these kinds of questions with live answers!

Not that there's anything wrong with the forums, just will be quicker answers for you.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Here's question #2: What is Dyncolour, and what does it do? It wasn't answered in the clan, and I'm not the only one scratching their heads.

Halp. ::frown:

• Bronislav said:
    Here's question #2: What is Dyncolour, and what does it do? It wasn't answered in the clan, and I'm not the only one scratching their heads.

Halp. ::frown:
    You can specify $dyncolour in the Examined field of your sketch - this is a placeholder.
    Then, after the design is approved and picked up, you can FURNISH <design> [text to fill the space of $dyncolour, 60 characters max] [optional passphrase of the design] - and said text will simply fill in the "blank".
    For example, if I were to make a chair with Examined: "This is a chair with a $dyncolour cover on the seat and is totally not a placeholder." Then I could " FURNISH <chair design id> red and white checkerboard patterned" and it'd create a chair with probed description: "This is a chair with a red and white checkerboard patterned cover on the seat and is totally not a placeholder."
  • But this bypasses admin approval and would allow stuff like "This is a chair with a taco cover on the seat and is totally not a placeholder."
  • Dupre said:
    But this bypasses admin approval and would allow stuff like "This is a chair with a taco cover on the seat and is totally not a placeholder."
    Furnishers that take this sort of liberty may find themselves quickly missing their furnishing license.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited November 2018
    I have a few questions.

Is there any way to get a list of what containers have what sizes? I was really disappointed to see how small baskets are compared to how they used to be. We have a glaring practical need for a handful of large containers for our House estate, so it would be nice to have a reference point instead of just making things until I find a container that's a good size (ideally 25-50 items).

Is it meant to be this taxing to find samples? At the rate I'm going, even if I go sample hunting every month/day (which would be a couple hours every day, which is not feasible for me) it will take us RL months/game years to fully furnish our estate. At the moment, the way the system is set up, it seems like furniture is meant to be a "nice to have" luxury and not something that is super accessible to fully furnish places for RP purposes. I know there's a balance to be struck between overwhelming the Guild with designs and overfurnishing places, but...like...even once I have existing designs that have been approved, the process of getting the materials to make them seems excessively onerous.

Are there any cases in which a design would be approved without samples attached?

Would it be possible to make samples sellable/tradeable?

Please don't take this harshly - I'm excited for the new system, as someone who's spent close to 1k credits customising furniture in the past. I think it's a wonderful thing to have, and I am extremely grateful for all the work put into it. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Yeah, I'd probably prefer them upping the comm costs and just doing with sampling. It honestly feels a little tacked-on as it is. At least make them trade-able like ingredients are for cooking.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Finding samples shouldn't be taking you hours a day, I could run by most of the common sample places in 5-10 minutes, and even hit some of the outliers in that time. 

• Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I'm just combing through the locations they've been reported to look for pieces. I was told they move around, but perhaps that's incorrect or I'm looking too hard. I spent at least an hour and a half yesterday to turn up 5 mahogany, 2 driftwood, and a ration of other things that don't apply to the designs that I currently have. Perhaps with more practice it will be quicker.
  • I tend to be efficient with that stuff, but if I were you I would have aliases that moved me to each area and a trigger to collect the samples.