What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Minifie = Aegoth2.0

• Broke 400 Kills and finally got HR5. Two long time goals.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Got to 400th in experience ranking. Closer and closer to dragon.
  • You refine 1 ivoryatlantiaarms pieces, 1 ivoryatlantiabody pieces, 1 ivoryatlantiahead pieces, and 1
    ivoryatlantialegs pieces...
    You've been awarded with a level 1 ivorydummylimbs talisman piece!
    You just received message #1710 from Achaea.

I faint.
  • Aesgar said:
    Dunn said:
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:53 - Taryius has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:54 - Syndra has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:54 - Jaybles has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Lylith has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Davok has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Davok has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Riell has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:56 - Jaybles has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:56 - Khadafi has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:57 - Syndra has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:57 - Taryius has been eliminated.

I actually played monk.
    :O Stick or Tek? Goals
    Int Tekura is best monk. 

• Lyrin said:
    Today I got the keys to my new home and I love it!

Before a lightning-struck cedar.
    The sky darkens with the onset of night. Guarding the glade, a gate of woven willows awaits. Near buried, a mass of writhing tendrils fight against their pottery surrounds. A shadowy glamour depicts a 
    lonely path through a foreboding forest.
    You see a single exit leading in (closed door).

It was your house after all! Hope you don't mind that Zinck and I saw it early (by getting trapped in it and screaming for divine intervention)
  • edited November 2018
    Just noticed that retirement credits can only be received on a character less than 30 RL days old. https://www.achaea.com/game-help/?id=1402

• You bend your will, folding the Veil Extant itself to allow yourself to pass a cute penguin hat of winter fun through to Milabar.

I spent hundreds of hours hunting just to get the ability to send cute hats from afar.
  • edited November 2018
    - 2018/11/20 05:13:29 - Thirty six horses whinny in victorious unison as Dochitha is run down by the inescapable pace of the Midsummer hunting party.
    - 2018/11/20 05:13:33 - Victorious cheers erupt from the huntsmen of Tirfo Thuinn as Dochitha is torn apart by a pack of enchanted faehounds.

https://pste.eu/p/HK8u.html

Midsummer party?
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Dochitha said:
    - 2018/11/20 05:13:29 - Thirty six horses whinny in victorious unison as Dochitha is run down by the inescapable pace of the Midsummer hunting party.
    - 2018/11/20 05:13:33 - Victorious cheers erupt from the huntsmen of Tirfo Thuinn as Dochitha is torn apart by a pack of enchanted faehounds.

Midsummer party?
    Yeah! New random/periodical (don't know which) encounter in Annwyn. Very detailed and nice encounter, though somewhat deadly.

• Dochitha said:

Midsummer party?
    Jesus, WTB Oberion as a class

• edited November 2018
    Utianima said:
    Dochitha said:

Midsummer party?
    Yeah! New random/periodical (don't know which) encounter in Annwyn. Very detailed and nice encounter, though somewhat deadly.
    Random as in, from now on, any time they will show up? Or is it just a period of time like event or something?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I think the clue's in the name... Midsummer hunting party.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • So Winter?

• Syndra said:
    Like I told Truax, you guys stop doing it to us, we'll stop doing it back. It's been a huge issue with Ashtan lately doing the guard thing. The only way to get you to see how much it sucks is to return the favour.
    Ashtan rarely uses guards. Those are reserved for try-hard teams who come in rolling so deep you’d think Adele was leading them. 

I think what he’s referencing is a “fair fight.” Another rare occurrence in Achaea, but something Ashtan still strives toward, so the conflict is meaningful. Obviously, Mhaldor has a different worldview, favoring “winning” instead, which makes sense but it may also make it the city to get guarded the most. 
  • Truax said:
    Syndra said:
    Like I told Truax, you guys stop doing it to us, we'll stop doing it back. It's been a huge issue with Ashtan lately doing the guard thing. The only way to get you to see how much it sucks is to return the favour.
    Ashtan rarely uses guards. Those are reserved for try-hard teams who come in rolling so deep you’d think Adele was leading them. 

I think what he’s referencing is a “fair fight.” Another rare occurrence in Achaea, but something Ashtan still strives toward, so the conflict is meaningful. Obviously, Mhaldor has a different worldview, favoring “winning” instead, which makes sense but it may also make it the city to get guarded the most. 
    We have definitely gotten guarded a lot of times in fights that I would've deemed equal if not favouring the other side, but thats what the problem is, it comes down to personal perception on if the raiding group is "fair fight" and that can vary a lot.

Everyone favours "winning" above losing, at least to some extent, I mean that same logic is why people guard random raids rather then letting some off-beaten, non-important room get tanked (Mhaldor included).

Personally, I only really would vouch for guards if the room being threatened was important, for RP reasons or otherwise. Also makes actually tanking those rooms all the more impactful.

• Every side sees the conflict differently, and it is extremely hard to judge which side has the advantage. It is pretty much impossible to remove personal bias when deciding which side is stronger.

If Targ has multiple Paladins/Priests I'm going to rate their group much stronger than they would rate themselves. They'll rate our group stronger if we have Proficy. Just kidding he's a beast.

• Still don’t think you know what you’re talking about re: Priest/Paladin. DW brings more to the table than Priest, Paladin is worse than Runie in every way pretty much. Targ team is much worse with multiple of those instead of other classes.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Klendathu said:
    Morthif said:
    Atalkez said:
    .DW brings more to the table than ...
    You can pretty much stop right there. 
    But my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. Can DW do that?
    Watch me 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited November 2018
    Truax said:
    Syndra said:

I think this post is a bit naive and biased (though Syndra's was too). Ashtan had 0 intention of engaging Mhaldor for a long time simply because we had Iakimen and a couple of other top tier PKers. We could come in with small groups, large groups, medium groups, but there was an excuse 80% of the time as long as the Iaki crew existed. It's no coincidence that Ashtan got over its 'let's not play with Mhaldor' basically as soon as Iaki (+ friends) was properly inactive again.
    To pretend that Ashtan (like every other city) isn't heavily biased in favor of trying to win would be ignoring how hard it was to get people to fight that specific Mhaldorian crew, regardless of numbers. This is, of course, ignoring the fact that when Ashtan was defending, our 4-trans newbie somehow counted the same as Penwize when they counted numbers. Or the times we brought -exactly- the amount of defenders Ashtan had with fairly even escrow on both sides and we got to sapience-witness people trying to argue they should defend while the others just blatantly wanted to deny Mhaldor a chance of winning at all. It's also ignoring the fact that several of the people who said Mhaldor was being unfair were happy to tag along with Jhui when Mhaldor had like 3 active players and claim that raiding one combatant and a few newbies with Jhui was fair.
    Does this mean Ashtan is Bad or something? No, it means they're just like any other city--less likely to fight if the fight seems difficult. Mhaldor's done this too, and honestly the only city that doesn't back away from fights they don't view themselves as having like 60%+ chance of winning is Cyrene, weirdly enough.
    Like Cooper/Taryius said, everyone judges matchups differently. Almost everytime someone says 'omg you brought too many' (barring stuff like people bringing 15+ people to a city with 4 people on cwho), it's because that person overestimates enemy newbies/midcoms or the enemy leader underestimates their own midcoms/top tiers. Or because one side has no way to know who's AFK for their 9th hour in a row on the other side or logged in from their phone while fighting fighting people in a black friday sale.

• Kiet said:
    Truax said:
    Syndra said:

I think this post is a bit naive and biased (though Syndra's was too). Ashtan had 0 intention of engaging Mhaldor for a long time simply because we had Iakimen and a couple of other top tier PKers. We could come in with small groups, large groups, medium groups, but there was an excuse 80% of the time as long as the Iaki crew existed. It's no coincidence that Ashtan got over its 'let's not play with Mhaldor' basically as soon as Iaki (+ friends) was properly inactive again.
    To pretend that Ashtan (like every other city) isn't heavily biased in favor of trying to win would be ignoring how hard it was to get people to fight that specific Mhaldorian crew, regardless of numbers. This is, of course, ignoring the fact that when Ashtan was defending, our 4-trans newbie somehow counted the same as Penwize when they counted numbers. Or the times we brought -exactly- the amount of defenders Ashtan had with fairly even escrow on both sides and we got to sapience-witness people trying to argue they should defend while the others just blatantly wanted to deny Mhaldor a chance of winning at all. It's also ignoring the fact that several of the people who said Mhaldor was being unfair were happy to tag along with Jhui when Mhaldor had like 3 active players and claim that raiding one combatant and a few newbies with Jhui was fair.

Does this mean Ashtan is Bad or something? No, it means they're just like any other city--less likely to fight if the fight seems difficult. Mhaldor's done this too, and honestly the only city that doesn't back away from fights they don't view themselves as having like 60%+ chance of winning is Cyrene, weirdly enough.
    Like Cooper/Taryius said, everyone judges matchups differently. Almost everytime someone says 'omg you brought too many' (barring stuff like people bringing 15+ people to a city with 4 people on cwho), it's because that person overestimates enemy newbies/midcoms or the enemy leader underestimates their own midcoms/top tiers. Or because one side has no way to know who's AFK for their 9th hour in a row on the other side or logged in from their phone while fighting fighting people in a black friday sale.

Well said. I agree with this. 

• Truax said:
    Syndra said:

You've targeted the wrong city for try hards, to a point I'm not sure you even log in? 
  • Iakimen said:
    Truax said:

Are you fucking joking? Are we playing the same game?
    I remember Hirst calling them against literally anybody, before he got yelled at and told to stop doing it. Not sure about recently; the past two raids that happened while I was logged in, I was afk, but I know it was definitely a problem at some point.
    No city "rarely" uses guards, to be honest.

• reminiscing about hirst's empress enemy into guards -> auto unenemy self alias