Some Questions

Hey Everyone,

I've made a few attempts at returning to Achaea and never get back into the swing of it. I was having a browse in anticipation of Starmourn and noticed some really cool stuff that got me interested. Max health at level 80, multiclass, elementals ..

PVP has always been my focus, although I swapped to serpent years ago after getting back into the game and just got bogged down trying to create some optimal automated combat system and it took some fun out of the game. This time around I thought I would multiclass, pick something where I can be a bit tanky and actually enjoy world content and participate in city stuff without being too squishy. The idea of elementals is great as there's four quests with tangible rewards (I had previously given up on hunting after reaching level 80).

Can someone verify that these classes are essentially free after obtaining them, or do you need to invest more lessons to level up their various skills?

It seems quite powerfull that you can essentially have these 4 classes with nice stats to swap between at will for various situations or depending on what classes your fighting, is this the case?

Can the Elemtal form be used anywhere, or just the elemental plane?

After I have obtained 1 elemental class, can I use it to obtain others or must I do this in lesser form?

Can I complete all Elemtal quests and swap between all four forms?

I have enough lessons spare to trans one and a half class skills in whatever I multiclass into, although can trans the rest later if I start playing again. Depthswalker sounds interesting, and can be played in full con spec (I'll stay Rajamala though). So this is really appealing, and I can use my SOA and Riding. I've also heard 2H Runie is great as a single tree spec for huntinghwith no arties, although  I think I prefer depthswalker.

Is Runie that much better that I should pick it over Depthswalker?

What Depthswalker skills should I work towards for PvE content primarily?

Thanks!

Comments

• They're free, but you can only have one at a time even with multiclass. It's basically like a specialized secondary dragonform, with all the same (lack of) limitations.
  • The Elemental Lord classes are entirely free, no lesson investment required, simply finishing the relevant quest line is enough.

You can only have one Elemental Lord at a time, so you can't have all 4. It is possible to give up your current Elemental Lord and do the quest line for another instead if you desire.

Elemental Form can be used anywhere, anytime. (Mhaldor has a law right now against being one in the city proper, but thats because of some various RP reasons) You have to channel for 10-12 seconds to become one, similar to Dragon, but thats the only limitation.
  • Elemental classes are like Dragoncraft; a single skill that is automatically Transcendent when you're in that form. They work everywhere, but are (slightly) more powerful in their own elemental plane.

You can only ever have access to one Elemental class at any given time, though. Starting the quest to gain one requires making an oath to that elemental faction, and you can't pledge to more than one simultaneously.
  • I assume the quests are able to be worked through slowly, as in start, put down again and continued later? And that there would only be certain parts where one might need to conscript help?

If I wanted to balance out what I have access to, I figure Serpent, Depthswalker and Earth would be a fair mix of different class styles and fill both ends of the spectrum when it comes to strong offence and defence, not to mention I've never played a prep class.

Other thoughts or input before I go ahead and multiclass/start on the quest? Other suggestions for strong classes with no artefact investment?

Depthswalker skills to work towards without transing all skills immediately?
  • Well, kind of the opposite. I've always focused on combat, although the last couple of times I'v tried to get into the game, Achaea just seems dead, or at least Mhaldor. I mean, there are people around, although they don't appear to be doing much (Socializing on other channels or just logged in for the sake of it) and I found it a bit tricky to get back in and start getting active in PK as a Serpent when I could find conflict.

This time around I thought I would try and equip myself to focus on other aspects of the game that I've always felt way to squishy to take part in, although I would love to go back and get great at serpent combat once I've got my head around Achaea again. The quest for an Elemental class is just something I could focus on to give myself some meaningful content to play solo-ish. Not to mention a bit more tanky/forgiving in player and denizen combat.

Anyway, just transcended Shadowmancy, Accelerate in Aeonics and enough Terminus to have 4 points to invest in the primary Damage/Defence skills, set up traits and specializations. I am really unimpressed with the damage, I was doing ~4% hits to nomads where as Camus did around twice that at a similar speed, I'll verify later. I saw comparisons about DW bashing damage in other threads, but non appeared that extreme, hopefully someone will be a bit different when testing tomorrow as I only did one Nomad as a Serp. I'm also (I could have done the calcs before) a bit unimpressed with the health, only just over 5k as DW con spec with robust and I was sitting just over 4k as Dex spec Serp, was kind of expecting a bit more of a difference.
  • Each point of con is +297 hp so four points would be 1188
  • Dupre said:
    Each point of con is +297 hp so four points would be 1188
    How much 1 point gives is dependent on your level. 80-99 (just 99 previously) it's 297, yeah. Before/after that depends on level, though.

@Teotwauki DW and Sword-and-Board knight are widely regarded as the worst bashing classes. Also 5000 is on the higher end of health levels, at 80-99. You're not gonna get higher than that without artifacts (or a lot of post-100 levels).

• edited November 2018
    Teotwauki said:
    Well, kind of the opposite. I've always focused on combat, although the last couple of times I'v tried to get into the game, Achaea just seems dead, or at least Mhaldor. I mean, there are people around, although they don't appear to be doing much (Socializing on other channels or just logged in for the sake of it) and I found it a bit tricky to get back in and start getting active in PK as a Serpent when I could find conflict.

This time around I thought I would try and equip myself to focus on other aspects of the game that I've always felt way to squishy to take part in, although I would love to go back and get great at serpent combat once I've got my head around Achaea again. The quest for an Elemental class is just something I could focus on to give myself some meaningful content to play solo-ish. Not to mention a bit more tanky/forgiving in player and denizen combat.

Anyway, just transcended Shadowmancy, Accelerate in Aeonics and enough Terminus to have 4 points to invest in the primary Damage/Defence skills, set up traits and specializations. I am really unimpressed with the damage, I was doing ~4% hits to nomads where as Camus did around twice that at a similar speed, I'll verify later. I saw comparisons about DW bashing damage in other threads, but non appeared that extreme, hopefully someone will be a bit different when testing tomorrow as I only did one Nomad as a Serp. I'm also (I could have done the calcs before) a bit unimpressed with the health, only just over 5k as DW con spec with robust and I was sitting just over 4k as Dex spec Serp, was kind of expecting a bit more of a difference.
    One of mhaldor's houses was just recently (might still be) #1 in house influence, there's been several city events lately from a chess tournament to a house vs house bashing competition to a formal ball within the last rl month, and the city's been raiding or getting raided every day. I dunno when the last time you tried was but that's certainly not an issue lately, at least!
    To be quite honest, "nothing's happening" is almost always a personal issue more than an org/game-wide one, in my experience. There's always something for you to go out there and do if you really want to.
    Also Serpent is one of the fastest bashers even with 0 arties and DW is one of the slowest no matter what, so I just ... wouldn't recommend bashing as DW.
  • Kiet said:
    Teotwauki said:
    Well, kind of the opposite. I've always focused on combat, although the last couple of times I'v tried to get into the game, Achaea just seems dead, or at least Mhaldor. I mean, there are people around, although they don't appear to be doing much (Socializing on other channels or just logged in for the sake of it) and I found it a bit tricky to get back in and start getting active in PK as a Serpent when I could find conflict.

One of mhaldor's houses was just recently (might still be) #1 in house influence, there's been several city events lately from a chess tournament to a house vs house bashing competition to a formal ball within the last rl month, and the city's been raiding or getting raided every day. I dunno when the last time you tried was but that's certainly not an issue lately, at least!
    To be quite honest, "nothing's happening" is almost always a personal issue more than an org/game-wide one, in my experience. There's always something for you to go out there and do if you really want to.
    Also Serpent is one of the fastest bashers even with 0 arties and DW is one of the slowest no matter what, so I just ... wouldn't recommend bashing as DW.
    It's been quite a while, since I've logged in, and usually off hours as well. I was getting involved in things, but still found it a bit hard unless there was something like a raid going on. I guess I also struggled jumping into PK with Serp in the same way I used to be involved as an Apostate. So perhaps DW will yield a lower skill level to ease into things.

When I read about their bashing bad, I didn't think it would be -that- bad. Anyway, that's fine, still happy to have a new class to learn and enjoy the game with.