City/House/Org for non PVP Interests?

Are there cities, houses, or org that are mostly non-PVP? 

I understand that Mhaldor, Ashtan, and Targossas fight with each other all the time as embodiments of Evil, Chaos and Good... but what are Cyrene, Hashan, and Eleusis focus on the world.

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Caelan said:
    Hashan
    That's not fair. Hashan has responded well (as in fought back) recently to raids.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Mellexo said:

I understand that Mhaldor, Ashtan, and Targossas fight with each other all the time as embodiments of Evil, Chaos and Good... but what are Cyrene, Hashan, and Eleusis focus on the world.
    Cities will be rather more difficult, but even within embattled cities there are orgs and in-org roles that are mostly non PVP. The theologian archetype has a big place in Targossas, for example, and explorers and clever sneaky types are at home more or less anywhere with a little work. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Mellexo said:

Cities will be rather more difficult, but even within embattled cities there are orgs and in-org roles that are mostly non PVP. The theologian archetype has a big place in Targossas, for example, and explorers and clever sneaky types are at home more or less anywhere with a little work. 
    There are also plenty of people who rarely, if ever, fight in Targossas (and I'm sure the same is true of Mhaldor or Ashtan).

The only time PvP is required in Targossas is if you're a soldier, as you're expected to participate in at least some offensive engagements when you're able to (and there's more of an expectation to defend as well); if PvP doesn't appeal to you, just don't become a soldier and that's not a probem. I think the city oath states that city defence is mandatory for all citizens, but it's not strictly enforced (leadership understands that it's a game, and that not everybody wants to actually participate in PvP).
  • edited November 2018
    Cyrene is the city literally made for neutrality, and neutral players in other cities are going to constantly be at odds with the faction that doesn't want them to be neutral.  It's selfish, imo, to join one of the other cities if you're completely allergic to even being around pvp conflict and would actively try to drive your city away from pvp if you ever got leadership.
    That said, there's a difference between extreme aversion to the level you'll try to drag your entire city into neutrality and just not focusing on pvp as a priority. Even Mhaldor and Targossas have a lot of people who don't care much for pvp, but they show up every once in a while to help defend. You can do all sorts of things from the organizational side, or the theology/preaching/ritual side, or general RP things. Even bashing and seafaring with other citymates.
  • I would recommend Cyrene, particularly if you would like to join the Virtuosi, Outriders, CIJ, or Merchants (Shield's focus is combat). Cyrene's only engagement in PVP is defensive (when raided, usually by Mhaldor), and only army members are required to defend and it's not required to join the army. If you have any Cyrene questions, feel free to hit me up ICly.