What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• It's intentional so that someone has a chance to catch up to Penwize in xp rankings.
  • Riell said:
    Azare said:
    Riell said:
    fourteen

(Did I do the math right?)

no
    (It was a joke.)
    3v2 until Holstein popped in iirc. Then more folks popped in when you guys came back.  Was a fun set of engagements in the forest.

Enjoy being forestenemied :-)

• Message #3863       Sent by Nicola
    2018/11/13/20:15 Hi there, Tinker Drucker's pocketbelts aren't able to be nondecayed or made
    to be resetting.

:-1:
  • Caelan said:

Enjoy being forestenemied :-)
    like that does anything anymore!
  • With the help of a generous friend, I made... Probably the largest purchase I've ever done at once in any online game.

Let's see if I regret it soon!

• edited November 2018
    @Penwize wear armor.
  • Riell said:
    We try to exterminate. Three of use versus fourteen Eleusians.

We die.

We die.

We die.

OH SHIT WE LOCKED ONE.

Almost die > runs away.

Well damnit.

Azare has been slain by the might of a razor fiend.

OKAY!

(Did I do the math right?)
    In my opinion, you got me beat. I forgot to wear my scalemail (Totally a noob spy move) when me and Zulah took on Shandy, Asani, Caetano, Wicella and friends. I didn't notice since they kept hitting shield. I'd hate @Shandralaso much for sniping, but she makes me cookies and hot chocolate every time I raid. Though, Kairula actually bought my Hashani property off of me mid-raid the other day, so they're tied on hospitality points. 

@Riell @Syndra When are you guys going to raid us? I want more bounties that I can actually beat. 

In other news, I'm close to level 90, so there's that- Also, @Caelan, fuck you (haha, missed saying that to you) for running away so well in Thera the other day. You were totally at 32% mana and I'm totally still salty about it. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited November 2018
    Astarod said:

In other news, I'm close to level 90, so there's that- Also, @Caelan, fuck you (haha, missed saying that to you) for running away so well in Thera the other day. You were totally at 32% mana and I'm totally still salty about it. 

Haha.  I was like "why am I not dead?"   Then I finally got rid of the stupid weariness and dashed and couldn't believe my luck.  Let that be a lesson folks, always sip lucky.

@Astarod your salt sustains me :D   1/150 aint bad

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Thanks for coming at us! We were trying to keep the group small and doable (though at the end we had a few more join than originally planned) because this was actually @Khel's first time leading, too.

Babies training the babies, d'aww.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @astarod When your city actually 1) engages when I come in and 2) stops calling guards even though they have way more people than us. 
  • Syndra said:
    @astarod When your city actually 1) engages when I come in and 2) stops calling guards even though they have way more people than us. 
    Alright, that'd have a little more weight to it if when the roles were reversed, you did the exact same thing. 

Just sayin', I understand #1. But you got little room to talk with #2, miss 8 + guards on 5. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Like I told Truax, you guys stop doing it to us, we'll stop doing it back. It's been a huge issue with Ashtan lately doing the guard thing. The only way to get you to see how much it sucks is to return the favour.
  • Submitted my first idea since the new system!

Idea#84       Support: 1
    Filed by you.
    Supported.
    Idea text:
    quality of life change - for talisman refining, add a timer that tells you how 
    long you have to wait for the next one.

Pretty please?

• Trey said:
    Submitted my first idea since the new system!

Filed by you.
    Supported.
    Idea text:

Pretty please?
    Believe it shows up on COOLDOWNS

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • I actually completed a couple of things I wanted to do in Achaea for a long time:
    (sorry for the late update, this is from the last week, getting settled into things)

{Completed}
    [x] Defeat Shirszae
    [x] Defeat Lavanda
    [x] Defeat Vinzent
    [x] Defeat Chuckles
    [x] Join Ashtan
    [x] Blow a Tank in Hashan
    [x] Lead a raid as an Ashtani
    [x] Join a Pre-Order (Aegis)
    [x] Aided to Culture (yay events!)

{To Be Completed}
    [  ] Defeat Driden
    [  ] Defeat Ryzan 
    [  ] Become Dragon
    [  ] Become HR5
    [  ] Become CR2
    [  ] Acquire Gattan'lier's hunger
    [  ] Come up with more tasks to do!

(if anyone has anything to add, I'm all ears. 

• Done this game month: Got to level 93 and did some RP-sided goal stuff I've wanted to do for a while. Got a step closer to more goals too, both rp-sided and gameplay-sided. Got my nice custom cloak all spruced up and fancy.

Starting to get relatively happy with where I am as both a character and player, but got a long-ass way to go on both fronts. (For starters, getting to the point of being able to beat someone who isn't 20 levels below me / isn't in a raid...)

Never was a fan of PVP in Achaea whatsoever, but it's such a necessary part of maintaining order that it becomes irrevocably bonded with later stages of RP-heavy houses and clans. As long as I can beat a level 70 player in a fair fight by level 95, I'll at least feel comfortable enough to just go 'meh' and continue on my merry way with my later goals that aren't gameplay-oriented.

though accessing a lot of the neater RP stuff tends to lean on you being badass in combat too which, heck.
  • Idk about that, several of the most rp-acclaimed characters I know were absolute garbage at combat. Flair, Rho, etc.
  • Cyr said:
    Trey said:
    Submitted my first idea since the new system!

Filed by you.
    Supported.
    Idea text:

Pretty please?
    Believe it shows up on COOLDOWNS
    So it does! It'd be nice if the timer displayed when a TALISMAN REFINE attempt failed, but knowing that now is awesome. Thanks!

• Astarod said:

[ ] Kill Caelan in Thera ? :D:D 

• Kiet said:
    Idk about that, several of the most rp-acclaimed characters I know were absolute garbage at combat. Flair, Rho, etc.
    Kiet, Proficy. . . :P
  • Ygia said:
    Done this game month: Got to level 93 and did some RP-sided goal stuff I've wanted to do for a while. Got a step closer to more goals too, both rp-sided and gameplay-sided. Got my nice custom cloak all spruced up and fancy.

Starting to get relatively happy with where I am as both a character and player, but got a long-ass way to go on both fronts. (For starters, getting to the point of being able to beat someone who isn't 20 levels below me / isn't in a raid...)

Never was a fan of PVP in Achaea whatsoever, but it's such a necessary part of maintaining order that it becomes irrevocably bonded with later stages of RP-heavy houses and clans. As long as I can beat a level 70 player in a fair fight by level 95, I'll at least feel comfortable enough to just go 'meh' and continue on my merry way with my later goals that aren't gameplay-oriented.

though accessing a lot of the neater RP stuff tends to lean on you being badass in combat too which, heck.

I guess it depends if what you want to RP is a badass in combat. Trying to RP something like that without being able to back it up doesn't end up being very compelling. Otherwise, not much is barred by combat. Talamond was a great more recent example in Targossas. HL, City Council, high ranking Caefir - can't fight his way out of a paper bag. Lii and Herev are newer to the leadership scene but in prominent positions without being combatants.

What it all comes down to, though, is there's more to RP than threatening other people and things like that. If you want to be a compelling non-pvp-oriented character, I do think you have to embrace that your character isn't much of a warrior rather than trying to RP that they are a badass warrior type.

• Farrah said:
    Ygia said:
    Done this game month: Got to level 93 and did some RP-sided goal stuff I've wanted to do for a while. Got a step closer to more goals too, both rp-sided and gameplay-sided. Got my nice custom cloak all spruced up and fancy.

I guess it depends if what you want to RP is a badass in combat. Trying to RP something like that without being able to back it up doesn't end up being very compelling. Otherwise, not much is barred by combat. Talamond was a great more recent example in Targossas. HL, City Council, high ranking Caefir - can't fight his way out of a paper bag. Lii and Herev are newer to the leadership scene but in prominent positions without being combatants.

What it all comes down to, though, is there's more to RP than threatening other people and things like that. If you want to be a compelling non-pvp-oriented character, I do think you have to embrace that your character isn't much of a warrior rather than trying to RP that they are a badass warrior type.

A very fair and good point. Ygia has always been a bit of a softie, but she does tout her armour a bit too much. I ought to make more use of outfits rather than only ever wearing combat gear... That might help me get in a better mindset.

But yes, she's always been quite flitty and gentle, but I am aiming to expound on her more theological and academical side by the end of her years, hopefully.

Anyway, going to shush now, and thank you for the comment. <3
  • Astarod said:
    I actually completed a couple of things I wanted to do in Achaea for a long time:
    (sorry for the late update, this is from the last week, getting settled into things)

{Completed}
    [x] Defeat Shirszae
    [x] Defeat Lavanda
    [x] Defeat Vinzent
    [x] Defeat Chuckles
    [x] Join Ashtan
    [x] Blow a Tank in Hashan
    [x] Lead a raid as an Ashtani
    [x] Join a Pre-Order (Aegis)
    [x] Aided to Culture (yay events!)

{To Be Completed}
    [  ] Defeat Driden
    [  ] Defeat Ryzan 
    [  ] Become Dragon
    [  ] Become HR5
    [  ] Become CR2
    [  ] Acquire Gattan'lier's hunger
    [  ] Come up with more tasks to do!

I will now spend all of my time making sure you and I never have cause to ever fight. mwahahahahahahahahahah!
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Kiet said:
    Idk about that, several of the most rp-acclaimed characters I know were absolute garbage at combat. Flair, Rho, etc.
    All that Babel stuff was incredible. 
  • Ismay said:
    Led my first ever group fight, and failed spectacularly, twice.

Hail, Mhaldor!
    Oh it was YOU calling me first. >:[

I thought Waayen was leading so I was trying to kill him first.

Good fights for sure, I got out at 13 hp once and had some extra backup show up unexpectedly or it would have been a lot closer. Like I said to a few people IC too, the numbers definitely didn't tell the story. Between the lag and chaos of our groups getting split all over, it felt pretty close the whole time and I had a blast. Thanks for showing!
  • Dat lag was killlleeeerrrrrrrrr