Dragon Lairs

Comments

• Penwize said:
    Nicola said:

If you don't give a roleplay toff for the kidnapping and conspiracy surrounding your organisation's new players then I think we can't help you.

I think my objection to this is that we haven't been given a reason (or as far as I was told, mechanical capacity) to get involved with that prior to this.  The only prompt that anything has changed in that regard is an announce post, which is not IC.  Well, that and now everyone else doing it, but they gained that information via metagaming too so....

Unless this is a flag to start taking announce posts as IC?
    The conspiracy was always there, just unable to be solved due to metagame issues (the quest not being implemented). That it is now available to be completed and everyone doing it at the same time is a metagame thing, but the fact that it is isn't any more RP breaking than talking to an NPC during an event with no reaction then 2 hours later someone else talking to that same NPC and getting the plot moving forward.
  • Any chance to re-roll primary colours?
  • I broke my quest  already.
  • Is there anyway to reduce the cooldown on the respawn of the denizen needed for the quest?
  • Tahquil said:
    I broke my quest  already.
    I'd be surprised if you didn't at this point. Break all the things so @Ictinus has to fix them!
  • Torrent said:
    Is there anyway to reduce the cooldown on the respawn of the denizen needed for the quest?
    The denizen in question should not have an issue with the respawn time unless people kill it (which isn't mandatory at all) - this keeps it consistent with other quest denizens and if someone is killing off a denizen you're trying to meet with or deal with, that sounds like an ideal opportunity for some additional RP!
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • This looks like a pretty interesting system. However, I'm not going to lie. I was hoping for something similar to Aetolia's 99+ sanctuary system.
  • Azram said:
    This looks like a pretty interesting system. However, I'm not going to lie. I was hoping for something similar to Aetolia's 99+ sanctuary system.
    not only no but hell no. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I don't know how long it has been open but this quest has been open since before the announce post, I had started on it thanks to a novice grabbing my attention about it a while back and I had gotten to a certain point with them on it then became discouraged as I had no freaking clue what to do next (still have no idea).
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I just think that personal lairs would have been a lot better. Don't much like the idea of having to share gold and perks with others, including possible enemies.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    I just think that personal lairs would have been a lot better. Don't much like the idea of having to share gold and perks with others, including possible enemies trolls who will just constantly activate the most useless powers 24/7.
    Fixed that for you.

Haven't gotten to the lair part, so not clue how it all functions or if there's any sort of management of it, but like all good things I'm expecting someone to abuse it.
  • Is the first dragon getting into the Lairs gonna get an honours line?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Right now theres a book were both items I was given decayed and I cannot even continue trying to do it since the denizens in question wont give them again

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Shirszae said:
    Right now theres a book were both items I was given decayed and I cannot even continue trying to do it since the denizens in question wont give them again
    Abandon the quest and start over. I had to do that this morning

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Shirszae said:
    Please report this stuff in game.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • IDK where to even get the damn quest, and spent 2 hours in Great Rock
  • So I found where to get the damn quest now.
  • So are we all just doing this courier bit wrong or is @Ictinus that sadistic?
  • He doesn’t seem to show up like normal denizens even if you check all the areas he is suppose to be in. I do wish they would slow him down a bit the guy is like on gleam or something. Though he is near impossible to find even if you camp the areas 
  • Think the courier is hard? Just wait... oh just wait :(
  • Taryius said:
    Think the courier is hard? Just wait... oh just wait :(
    True hardship awaits...

• So far I've come across the courier in the Aureliana, New Thera, Bog of Ashtan, and Ashtan. That seems a little far ranging for find him on the highway near Minia.
  • Morthif said:
    So far I've come across the courier in the Aureliana, New Thera, Bog of Ashtan, and Ashtan. That seems a little far ranging for find him on the highway near Minia.
    and Australia, New Zealand, Bolivia, Canada and Tibet...
  • edited November 2018
    Do these perks only apply when one is in dragonform? Or does it also apply for lesserformed dragons as well? I ask because there are a few classes that are far better options for bashing than dragon, even with the added benefits. People will never give up bashing speed for an xp buff or more crits (depending on how powerful the crit bonus is). Thanks for your time and effort!
  • Does gold still get added to your hoard if you're bashing in lesserform?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I don't know about the rest of the quest, but the courier bit seems genuinely meant to just maximize frustration and its really annoying.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited November 2018
    I had to chase him into Ashtan's bog, which, naturally, resulted in me getting 3v1 ganked by Dunn-squad and not finding the courier again for an hour or more.

If it goes into Ashtan, that's even worse. It really shouldn't be positioned in a way that makes it guarded/controlled by one faction.
  • Farrah said:
    If it goes into Ashtan, that's even worse. It really shouldn't be positioned in a way that makes it guarded/controlled by one faction.
    It does. I played hide and seek with him a bit in the city for a few minutes

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Morthif said:
    So far I've come across the courier in the Aureliana, New Thera, Bog of Ashtan, and Ashtan. That seems a little far ranging for find him on the highway near Minia.
    Oh... yeah my search pattern was far tighter than that, also sad it runs to Ashtan, the highway comes down to Targossas too!