Auction House

It could be so awesome, yet no-one uses it?

I wonder why? I am new to Achaea, so I am still figuring it out, but why is the MARKET channel preferable to all?

*confuzzled*

Comments

• ?? there's an auction house?
  • Kiet said:
    ?? there's an auction house?
    This ^

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Are you talking about TALISMAN MARKET LIST? If so, only talismans can be sold/auctioned there.
    If not... Then...
    Kiet said:
    ?? there's an auction house?

• Someone from my house told me there is an auction house, but no-one uses it.

• Oh that's what I sort of suspected. Those are admin-run auctions, they're event items, not a single player is selling any of that.
  • Ah. I was thinking it was kind of unlikely that there was a fully functioning auction house, but no-one uses it.

• The auctions viewed using the AUCTIONS command are run by the admins. It's not something anybody can just do.

I think I've heard people mention an auction house (or just a denizen, maybe) somewhere on Meropis years ago. No idea if it still exists.
  • Oh yeah I forgot about the Meropis guy. He should still be there but no one uses that because you have to go all the way to Meropis. Also it might not really be an auction, just like a straight sale.
  • Is there any reason why there isn't one? It would be good for the economy, especially for people like me, who live in Japan. It's quiet when I am on most of the time. <.<

• What exactly is an auction house gonna sell that you can't get in a shop, most of the time? For rare items like talismans, having an auction house would just decrease interaction while also making talismans even more of a 'market' which is not something everyone wants.

• edited October 2018
    All very true points. I am trying to sell a few things...unsuccessfully at present is all. ;)

• Dredde said:
    All very true points. I am trying to sell a few things...unsuccessfully at present is all. ;)
    Do you have an ad up? Best way to let people who aren't online when you are know what you have available is to list it in an ad, then they can see that when they're online and message you.

I've bought and sold plenty of talisman pieces through deals made via messages.
  • Antonius said:
    Dredde said:
    Do you have an ad up? Best way to let people who aren't online when you are know what you have available is to list it in an ad, then they can see that when they're online and message you.

I've bought and sold plenty of talisman pieces through deals made via messages.
    Okay, here is another form of trade I didn't know about. I will read up more on this. An ad?

*runs off to search through help files*

• Yenien (the Meropis guy) just sells the items directly like any denizen shop, there's no auction. With carts being fairly common there's no real point now; he takes a 10% commission, is in an extremely out of the way place, and last I knew the maximum price was 10k (11k with his 10% added on).