League of Legends

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• Wow, the first time in a looooooooooooooooooooong time that there's gonna be an NA or an EU team in the finals. A very real possibility that it's gonna be EU vs EU. Very surprised that G2 beat RNG, considering RNG were the favourites to win this year. Poor Uzi.

• That was a really shitty Finals, given the buildup for it.

• Decided to make a new acc since old one was apparently banned when I stopped playing. Haven't gotten to Sona/Draven with thiev in forever since everyone in lower games just insta locks ad or mid.
    Wasn't even a remotely fair game.

• The other team had 4/30/2. I'm sure they tried. :tongue:
  • edited November 2018
    Jahrak said:

The other team had 4/30/2. I'm sure they tried. :tongue:
    Everytime Lux tried to ward, she got Q-poked for 60% of her hp. She was level 4 when we were level 7. Took tower at like 7 minutes (we were both 2/0/2), then went roaming. Was fun. Honestly felt kinda bad for the Lux.

• Starting to learn Swain- still a shitty Bronze player though.

• Seems like I'm doing ok with Swain atm - though I imagine it will change as time goes on and I play against better people:

• Yep. It looks like you're doing well! How are you bronze? Noob 9-year-olds messed up your placements? :tongue:
  • Jahrak said:
    Yep. It looks like you're doing well! How are you bronze? Noob 9-year-olds messed up your placements? :tongue:
    Every time i get to promotions, I get afk or intentional feeding 😫
  • Climbing isnt really about how well you play a champion. Climbing is all about how well you manage what you have. You will ALWAYS get feeders and AFKs, what separates you from the next rank is your ability to capture objectives and push to a win rather than your KDR. Or get really lucky with some good teams, eventually though your luck will run out and you will demote if you depend on that.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Holstein said:
    Climbing isnt really about how well you play a champion. Climbing is all about how well you manage what you have. You will ALWAYS get feeders and AFKs, what separates you from the next rank is your ability to capture objectives and push to a win rather than your KDR. Or get really lucky with some good teams, eventually though your luck will run out and you will demote if you depend on that.
    I agree with you, for sure.

If I was better at the game I'd climb higher, one of the issues I've found is that I'm messing around with multiple characters and also playing characters that tend to rely no a bit more team synergy, which in bronze appears to be nearly non-existent at this level, even if I ping and type what I'll do multiple times.

Though mostly its my fault for playing champs that rely on team synergy a bit more than being able to 1v3 stomp people at this level.

• edited November 2018
    You can certainly carry with high skill cap champions. I mean, to be honest, that will make the climb easier as those champions tend to have huge outplay capability. The trade off is the required time investment to get to the level needed to really carry with them. Since most of them have far more complex kits, it will take a lot more time to commit their multitude of prospective strategies to muscle memory and let you focus on the rest of your game. It can get really overwhelming if you don't have a thousand games of Lee Sin under your belt, then his ward hops to ulting someone into your team to q out on gromp requires a lot of your focus and you miss the fact that Kindred was sitting there hitting said gromp while LB was roaming down bot to counter gank and you end up dead leaving your bot lane in a 2v4.

In my opinion, and there are a lot of opinions on the matter, the best and easiest way to get out of low elo is to jungle a champion like Jax. Jax has no real hard counters as long as you don't get baited into bad situations. He has his tough matchups, but noone will just roflstomp on Jax if you are warding and not being stupid, but on the other hand he will ensure that pretty much any AA centered champion has a bad time. His mechanics are easy to master which you leaves you able to focus on the more important aspects to carrying. Positioning, map awareness, ganks, routes, objectives etc, which inevitably leads to you carrying out of lower elo swiftly. There are a ton of easy jungle champs with their own strengths and weaknesses, but the key is to pick something easier to play until you get those thousand games under your belt with Lee Sin.

P.S. And honestly, don't have the mindset "if I was better" it looks like you are doing fine. Just work on the carrying part of the game and forget KDR.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • In between monotonous grinding in BDO, I decided to start playing again casually.

Honestly never had more fun on a champion. Played probably ~15 games since I started, only one of them wasn't on Neeko. Super versatile champ, and super fun. Played her in every single role, now. Weirdly the only role I didn't do so hot in was mid lane, but that's mostly because I suck at midlane.
    First time playing her top lane, and it's vs a champion that is not very fun for her to fight top lane :(