What other small details could I be missing?

As far as I know there are 4 kill routes. Reave, aurify, truelock, and damage. I’ve been struggling with prep classes who just leave the room and I lose all momentum. I was stupid and assumed I should always be truewracking for afflictions before it dawned on me that tempers win fights, not afflictions. Even for the truelock route, you still need either 6 or 8 tempers depending on the class you’re fighting and only need to stick one or two afflictions before inundating. Wrack is always better than truewrack. Truewrack should be used to secure hinder or a certain aff like sensitivity for choleric inundate.  I typically use mercury for my homunculus, but if anyone could give some pointers or ideas I would appreciate it. I’ve had to piece together everything on my own since there aren’t many alchemists around.

Answers

• Piggybacking off this thread, is there ever a reason to wrack by humour instead of by affliction?
  • Only reason I could think of is because wracking by humor is 'invisible'. They know you wracked a humor but not what affliction. It gives a random affliction in that pool so it's probably not that great unless you're just trying to eat up herb balance for someone else or something.
  • Hellen said:
    Only reason I could think of is because wracking by humor is 'invisible'. They know you wracked a humor but not what affliction. It gives a random affliction in that pool so it's probably not that great unless you're just trying to eat up herb balance for someone else or something.
    Even then it's not great. If you're trying to eat up herb balance, give a high priority affliction that the target will cure first (e.g. paralysis), so the other person doesn't have to and can load on other afflictions faster.