OOC Raves

Comments

• @Melodie does it have any scenes with a kid named Owen in it?  Lady Gaga is not my cup of tea, but..  long story..

My 1stSgt in iraq picked up sgtMaj and retired.  He went home to PA where he quickly started mentoring youths. Soon he became known for helping the kids.  A young lady with cancer, a child w leukemia he built a playhouse for, etc..  well Owen has a number of medical issues and cant talk.  He expresses himself through Lady Gaga songs.  My SgtMaj began raising funds to get him and his parents to a local Gaga show. It stalled with roughly 1/3 of what they needed for a few weeks/months so I said if the town would donate, I would match it so he can go.  Within like 2 days they had the money and the kid got to see his idol and literally his voice.  

My SgtMaj has since passed on from his demons but if this movie has Owen in it, I would love to show his family that despite all odds that Owen will not make it to 20, he will live forever, and in another way, I can make sure SgtMaj Parisi's generosity of self and spirit lives on.

• A Star is Born is not a documentary, it is a remake of a 1937 romance film
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Dupre is right, this is just a normal film, and no character I remember is named Owen. But, its still worth the watch. If nothing else, seeing Gaga in a new light has changed a lot of people's opinions about her (plus the movie is just very moving).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • This has been the worst year I can remember ever having. So much has happened that it would take a book to explain it all. 

I got some news a couple days ago that lifts such a huge load from me. It’s the small things that matter.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ah, I didnt realize she was in a new movie (well, remake). I knew of the old movie, thought maybe it was a bio film for her though. Damn

• I like that. It's awesome!  ;)
  • Thats awesone.

We've picked up two cats from the RSPCA over the past few years and they are bloody adorable. Feels so good to give a lost animal a home :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • We adopted a rescue hellhound just over two years ago. I love my dog to death, and sometimes it scares me that she 100% would have been returned and put down for biting if someone with less time and patience had ended up with her.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I have never in my life adopted a dog or cat from a shelter or whatever. The stray animals always come to our door and put on their cute face. Doesn't anyone else have that happen?
  • In my lifetime we have never purchased a pet. We lived just out of town enough to be classed as rural so a lot of people would dump their animals out there. We did, however, get to have the sweetest and most loving pets despite a few of them disabled from previous beatings or neglect :(
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited October 2018
    Opened the wrong thread somehow, oops

• Sobriquet said:
    Thats awesone.

We've picked up two cats from the RSPCA over the past few years and they are bloody adorable. Feels so good to give a lost animal a home :)

Cats do look adorable bloody.  Wait.. moving on!

We adopted a pit bull from the pound. Sweetest damn dog we ever had. All our cats came from the Humane Society (CT charges $200 for a damn cat?!) We only paid for our rotties.

• Jiraishin said:
    We adopted a rescue hellhound just over two years ago. I love my dog to death, and sometimes it scares me that she 100% would have been returned and put down for biting if someone with less time and patience had ended up with her.

She looks vicious! 
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    In my area if you find a lost animal you have to take them to the shelter where they will be held for a short period of time in case they have a family looking for them, after that holding period they can be adopted. So any time we find lost animals that is what we do. It is also the law in this area that cats and dogs have to be licensed with the city, if not you are fined. I think it's a good idea because while the shelter has the animals they can make sure they are okay and give them any care they need, and as for the license if the animal has one they can be more easily returned and if they are microchipped the police department will have that on file, too. Thankfully any time my dog has gotten loose I have been able to catch him but at least I know if he did get far the police have him on file and he is chipped so his chances of getting returned to me are way higher.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    OI M8 U GOT A LOICENSE FOR THAT DOG?
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    edited October 2018
    Holstein said:
    Jiraishin said:
    We adopted a rescue hellhound just over two years ago. I love my dog to death, and sometimes it scares me that she 100% would have been returned and put down for biting if someone with less time and patience had ended up with her.

She looks vicious! 
    She was 100% feral and so terrified she wouldn't even sleep when she was brought home ,and was super prone to fear aggression . She drew blood on me more than once during the early months.

Now she's just a jerk. 

• edited October 2018
    Holstein said:
    So I moonlight as a DJ for a local resort playing music for events they have. Easiest job in the world, pays a bunch and I love it. 

"You have internet?" 
    Yes
    "www.youtube.com  Oldies DJ mix"  Drink

• edited October 2018
    Caelan said:
    Holstein said:
    So I moonlight as a DJ for a local resort playing music for events they have. Easiest job in the world, pays a bunch and I love it. 

"You have internet?" 
    Yes
    "www.youtube.com  Oldies DJ mix"  Drink

>:(

(Honestly, the funny part a out that is that my midi controller blew up as I was sound checking so I ended up just making a play list and letting my software auto-DJ. So essentially the same thing as youtubing a mix xD)
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Mixed rave and rant.

Rave: We’re having a big Thanksgiving day celebration at our elementary school, and each classroom is doing something to wow the kids. I’m turning my classroom into a reproduction of the Mayflower (with three different levels), and there’s A LOY off work to get done by next week. Luckily, I have parent volunteers coming in to help for the rest of the week.

Rant: Didn’t sleep well at all and working with parents is suuuuper nervewracking!
  • Weird flex but ok

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Weird flex but ok
    That isn't how you use that meme.

• Pyori said:
    Weird flex but ok
    That isn't how you use that meme.
    Weird flex but ok
    You're banned from memeing.

•        

• Minifie said: