OOC Raves

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Glad to see the Banks are looking good! All that flooding has been freaking nonsense a couple hours south. I need to actually vacation there one of these days.

If you get a chance @Nicola, I also highly recommend Beaufort as a stop. My family vacationed there years ago, and it's a very beautiful little city right by the sea, very picturesque. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • What an INCREDIBLE AFL final and a completely insane 4th quarter!
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • No it was shit and my neighbour was screaming at the TV for about 4 hours straight. I have no fucking idea what else he was watching but the Magpies can go to hell and I'm glad whoever the dudes were that fucked up and brought him to tears.

Fuck them and fuck that guy.
  • Melodie said:

If you get a chance @Nicola, I also highly recommend Beaufort as a stop. My family vacationed there years ago, and it's a very beautiful little city right by the sea, very picturesque. 

I took a little vacation there for 3 months. Greatest decision except marrying my wife (we got engaged via snail mail while I was there).

• Nicola said:
    While Dunn was gallivanting off around Disney Land pretending at being an adult, I stole Naram, ducked Hurricane Florence, and went to the Outer Banks for much beach time and boats.

When I said I got engaged a few months back, that's actually where I proposed haha. Specifically, down on the far southeast beach of Hatteras :)

Caelan said:
    Melodie said:

I took a little vacation there for 3 months. Greatest decision except marrying my wife (we got engaged via snail mail while I was there).
    Awww good. I wanna go back there at some point, it's literally like two hours away, its just a matter of setting aside some time/funds.

Antidas said:
    Nicola said:
    While Dunn was gallivanting off around Disney Land pretending at being an adult, I stole Naram, ducked Hurricane Florence, and went to the Outer Banks for much beach time and boats.

When I said I got engaged a few months back, that's actually where I proposed haha. Specifically, down on the far southeast beach of Hatteras :)
    D: It's like y'all are purposefully making me have feels, gdi.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Antidas said:
    Nicola said:
    Hatteras village is where we stayed, about a five minute walk from the Graveyard of the Atlantic museum. Long old drive down, but worth every minute to get away from the tourist strip.
  • Melodie said:
    Caelan said:
    Melodie said:

Awww good. I wanna go back there at some point, it's literally like two hours away, its just a matter of setting aside some time/funds.

Going back on October 19 to see my son's best friend graduate from PI. ONE!

• Caelan said:
    Melodie said:
    Caelan said:
    Melodie said:

Going back on October 19 to see my son's best friend graduate from PI. ONE!
    Parris Island?

• Tjay said:
    Parris Island?
    The one and only.

• Free double upgrade on my hotel room. It's now a 2 level suite, a view of Edinburgh castle and, for some reason, a TV in my shower...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    A TV in the shower sounds great until you remember most showers are kinda noisy.

Or is yours like, super whispery?
  • Super Noisy so not really the place to sit and watch anything of note.... the radio was much better

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Nicola said:
    Antidas said:
    Nicola said:
    Hatteras village is where we stayed, about a five minute walk from the Graveyard of the Atlantic museum. Long old drive down, but worth every minute to get away from the tourist strip.
    Nice! We were staying all the way up north in Corolla, but I convinced her to make the drive down south with me haha. We went to that museum while we were down there though, it was pretty cool!

• @Exelethril Bought 3000 shares of HSGX October 3rd at market open. Tendie party incoming.

• edited October 2018
    Sorry @Cooper but I've notified the SEC about your trading activities 

(I don't touch penny stocks but check out HMNY too, I still think they're going bankrupt eventually, they have an unsustainable business model)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Just got word that the lot we are buying at our house in Florida is all set and will close tomorrow.  Got it for a great price, so now we have 4 lots.  I have 3 more I want, and one of the people answered the phone and said he would call me back in 20 minutes but wants to sell.  Another is dead and I have to track down her family and have a message on their voicemail. 

The last one is a firm that wants $70,000 for a $5,000 lot.  Joke's on them, their lot backs to a main road no one wants to build on, and I bought the lot next to them with the 'water' view so if they aren't reasonable, I will just put a fence and trees up to block that lot from any water views.  Plus I got it for only $8,000 so anyone looking at a landlocked lot for $15,000 (their listing price) right next to a much better lot that only cost $8000 is gonna tell them to pound sand.  Time to send them a new email tomorrow asking if they reconsidered my price.

If I can get it for a good price, I will enclose all 7 lots with a fence and build a damn compound.

• Caelan said:

If I can get it for a good price, I will enclose all 7 lots with a fence and build a damn compound.
    I'll bring the beer!

• Sometimes I REALLY dislike Elon Musk - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-musk-stocks/tesla-shares-fall-after-musk-mocks-sec-on-twitter-idUSKCN1MF1DA

He's described as the "enfant terrible" on Wall street for good reason. He adds a lot of volatility to Tesla, which is good for options sellers like me but being on the wrong end of his random idiotic tweets that don't serve any purpose can be pretty frustrating.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Yeah, that's the reason to dislike him, and not because he's a total garbage person.
  • edited October 2018
    He might also be a garbage egoistic person/bully but I'm really only interested in profiting off Tesla's volatility, I hate being right about the range only for one postmarket tweet to erase everything :/ The funny thing is, he's foolish enough to tweet that when treasury yield rates are rising, which is historically what institutions look at to start cutting their riskier equity positions. Tesla might actually default on their bonds and go under if he doesn't behave like an adult and stop attacking people over Twitter.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Sometimes I REALLY dislike Elon Musk - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-musk-stocks/tesla-shares-fall-after-musk-mocks-sec-on-twitter-idUSKCN1MF1DA

He's described as the "enfant terrible" on Wall street for good reason. He adds a lot of volatility to Tesla, which is good for options sellers like me but being on the wrong end of his random idiotic tweets that don't serve any purpose can be pretty frustrating.
    He might also be a garbage egoistic person/bully but I'm really only interested in profiting off Tesla's volatility, I hate being right about the range only for one postmarket tweet to erase everything :/ The funny thing is, he's foolish enough to tweet that when treasury yield rates are rising, which is historically what institutions look at to start cutting their riskier equity positions. Tesla might actually default on their bonds and go under if he doesn't behave like an adult and stop attacking people over Twitter.
    Sorry to be that guy, but this isn't really a rave, is it? Feel free to post on the rants board though.

• There's snow outside!  =)

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Aralaya said:
    There's snow outside!  =)
    Meanwhile in Florida, it's still around 85F.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Would kill for snow.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kresslack said:
    Aralaya said:
    There's snow outside!  =)
    Meanwhile in Florida, it's still around 85F.
    I can't wait to spend more time at my FL house.  I love New England, especially in the Fall, but the idiotic politics and taxes suck. 

• I love the weather here. Give me more cold please.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    No, you've had enough. It's time to pass the cold to someone else now.

• The Attorney General of CT finally signed my contract extension and I can go back to work tomorrow.... riiiight after I get new sockets for my legs.  3 weeks to sign a paper.  Stupid AG. But I got SO much done at the house to prep for winter so.. not all bad

So while I saw this movie almost two weeks ago (the day before it premiered), I just re-watched it again and sobbed my poor little heart out... again.

Y'all gotta go see the new remake of A Star is Born. I went into the movie with no information, never saw the previous films, barely any information about what it was about, and just a general love for Lady Gaga. I came out so moved and compelled and morose, after crying during the movie (the first time I've cried in a theater in well over a decade). My cousin and her fiancee felt the same exact way, so much so, we all just went to the beach (at 10:30pm at night...) to listen to the waves for fifteen minutes to get a sense of calm, before packing it back in to head home.

Oh my god. My heart. I can't explain without spoilers, but you guys just gotta go see it. It's so worth it.