Denizen (Servant) Reactions

How do you write servant reactions so they properly address in a room full of players. $(who) and $(him) just don't cut it when you want the player interacting with a servant to see "you" and observing players in the room to see "him" (or "her"). I've putzed with $name_him from the emoting help page to no avail. I'd love any ideas you have.

Answers

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I haven’t had much experience with servant denizens but if it’s anything like pets, the same emoting rules apply.

$Name, $Name_his, $Name_him, $Name’s are what I tend to use and you can include your own in there though I find you have to use a masculine suffix even if your character is female and it will display appropriately.

@Jinsun or @Melodie might have some further input about servants.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Alas, servants have been on my to-do list for a long time, but I've not yet gotten around to it. So I'm no help!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Thank you all of you! I'll mess with it a bit longer now that I can afford it. If it works, I'll make a not of it.
  • ... a note ... even.