TReX Release Final

13»

Comments

• As far the GUI is concerned. I cannot release it until I speak further with @Keneanung on the mapper update. We spoke briefly and we are both very busy. There is an issue with the mudlet mapper which I found when creating this GUI. The buttons which are very neat that allow you to move around with a click and drop down menu have an issue that are correlated with sprint/gallop abilities that wont allow the GUI buttons to work properly. I found a fix, but need to speak further with Ken on it when we have time, about releasing it publicly. There is also a second issue. I am making a major update to the TReX hunting system. It will be much more user friendly when I am finished. But I am need to speak with @Klendathu about merging my (still unfinished .xml changes ) to his copy, on his .git, for users who use TReX. But I am still making those updates slowly. When I am done with both of these issues. I will be closer to releasing the GUI. (maybe) :pensive:

Thanks for all your support :)

• Love this. I need a GUI if anyone has a suggestion. I tried NightfallUI but it seems to interfere with targeting when using hunting routine. Also single prompt would be awesome. I tried the method suggested in the thread with no success.
  • That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • While hunting the prompt is spammed numerous time during combat. Can I prevent this behavior?
  • edited September 2018
    Turn hunting off in combat.. I use this in my own combat actually when initiating my combat. I just throw it at the top of my keybinds.   Like if my left leg attack is set to ctrl+1, I put the script below at the top of my keybind to disable hunting if I get into combat.

if huntVar.on then
         huntToggle("off") 
    end

and it will make sure (my/your) hunting scripts are turned off in the system when in combat.

Cheers!

• edited September 2018
    As a follow up.. in the current release of TReX the hunting system is the MOST UNDERDEVELOPED part of the system. So use it at your own risk. It works perfectly fine if you can figure out how to emulate the example code I put in there.  I got to Dragon with it. otherwise, the easiest thing currently to do for hunting is to leave it alone (it is disabled on default) and use Keneanung's hunting system or other. Keneanungs hunting system also works great with TReX.  At least until I release the new updated hunting system for TReX (future release).
  • Implementing Keneanung code is beyond my knowledge ATM. Thank you for the response and system. So much to learn!
  • I've hunted to Dragon on a couple characters using kens bashing with trex. Can vouch its compatibility  
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.