TReX Release Final

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Trying this out for the multiclass support and having some issues.

I keep getting the same issue as Caled above in that it seems to corrupt a lot and tell me to re-install.
    Every time I type "Settings" after I log in it seems to have forgotten the previous things I clicked and resets everything, including the prompt and whether I should be sipping health.

Some honest feedback:

One big thing for me are the colour schemes and the way this looks. I'm really sorry, but its looks terrible.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/YM3k3SQj

You've highlighted so much it's become a blur and not really useful. We also have lines highlighted to show me I can eat a plant again, or sip again, but doesn't highlight what I'm actually curing.  I gag a huge amount to make the text as slick as possible and while I can do this over time here, of course, there seems to be a mix up with what you are setting as default on install. For example, I would rather have sipping, moss, and some prompt settings in as default instead of the colour schemes and the noises.

I may be misunderstanding the use cases behind this system so apologies if so, but I can't be using this system as it currently is without a lot of work changing how it looks and having confidence in it not switching everything off or corrupting when I log in (And the Trex noise scared the shit out of the cat! :) ) I appreciate we all have different styles and idea on how we want things to appear though

You've clearly put a huge amount of effort in here and more than I could ever do so I feel bad to being so negative as I -really- wanted this to work so I can move away from SVO's single class reliance.

Edit - You also have this in for Shatter:

^((\w+) slowly pulls back an orcish flail, readying (himself|herself) for a devastating strike.)$

So should be changed to not specify a weapon. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited March 2018
    Sobriquet said:
    One big thing for me are the colour schemes and the way this looks. I'm really sorry, but its looks terrible.

haha, savage. Sorry, it just stuck out but honest feedback is good feedback for growth. I'm going to give trex a try soon.

• I still can’t even trial the system because of the corrupted settings thing. It’s a shame because the configuration process (things like adjusting cure prios) is really polished; definitely the easiest out of svof, wsys and Trex.
  • I'm trying a fresh install, and I'm not getting the chat window to appear above the map like your video shows.
  • Caled said:
    I still can’t even trial the system because of the corrupted settings thing. It’s a shame because the configuration process (things like adjusting cure prios) is really polished; definitely the easiest out of svof, wsys and Trex.
    Ok. Sorry took so long to respond. The 'tlogin' alias is your main alias you use to initialize the system when you login. If you are using this at startup when opening mudlet, and getting those errors, it means you didn't install properly. I'd be happy to take a look at it. If you are getting an error saying that your system has corrupted settings it means that Mudlet has gone screwy in the file path and has distorted or messed up your table saves in your file path directory, which is a mudlet issue. And I just prefer to let the users know hey your shit is messed up, best to just reinstall. 

Because of this. I have made a few ways for making your re-installation very easy. The previous posts do cover this topic yes. Also there is an in game clan that has some alias examples built for configuring your keepup and defups instantly.

But most likely the issue you are having her Caled, is the installation process isnt happening properly for whatever reason. hit me up in game so I can invite you to the clan and help you out.
  • Extros said:
    I'm trying a fresh install, and I'm not getting the chat window to appear above the map like your video shows.
    I no longer include the chat window or mapper in the system because there are so many people who have their own gui's also you can get a free chat window system that takes 30 secs to install. Just google Yatco 2.5. Cheers
  • Sobriquet said:
    Trying this out for the multiclass support and having some issues.

I keep getting the same issue as Caled above in that it seems to corrupt a lot and tell me to re-install.
    Every time I type "Settings" after I log in it seems to have forgotten the previous things I clicked and resets everything, including the prompt and whether I should be sipping health.

Some honest feedback:

You've highlighted so much it's become a blur and not really useful. We also have lines highlighted to show me I can eat a plant again, or sip again, but doesn't highlight what I'm actually curing.  I gag a huge amount to make the text as slick as possible and while I can do this over time here, of course, there seems to be a mix up with what you are setting as default on install. For example, I would rather have sipping, moss, and some prompt settings in as default instead of the colour schemes and the noises.

I may be misunderstanding the use cases behind this system so apologies if so, but I can't be using this system as it currently is without a lot of work changing how it looks and having confidence in it not switching everything off or corrupting when I log in (And the Trex noise scared the shit out of the cat! :) ) I appreciate we all have different styles and idea on how we want things to appear though

You've clearly put a huge amount of effort in here and more than I could ever do so I feel bad to being so negative as I -really- wanted this to work so I can move away from SVO's single class reliance.

Edit - You also have this in for Shatter:

^((\w+) slowly pulls back an orcish flail, readying (himself|herself) for a devastating strike.)$

So should be changed to not specify a weapon. 

I responded to Caled on the system is corrupt . Most likely the installation is not configuring properly for you. I appreciate your honesty. You are the first person to ever say the system looks terrible. Most people say they think it is very pretty. I personally love it. The TreX noise when starting the system can be disabled. Also the color schemes I am not sure what you mean by that? You mean the prompt?

And thank you for the regex line edit. I will look into that.

Cheers!
  • edited April 2018
    @Sobriquet Hah. Looks like someone already updated the regex you posted in the system before I got to it. Its been updated on the public version for a few updates now. That happens when you get a few people programming a system. Heh. Thanks for your honest feedback. I dont highlight what I am curing, because I can see what I don't or do have affliction wise in my 'affbar' (which is color coded by curative type.) so I can easily see that I have three kelps on me, oh shit, better run!

Also you are not the first person to tell me their cat jumped! I should keep a running tally of Cat's that jump suddenly from the TReX noise. HAH!
  • Nehmrah said:
    Caled said:
    I still can’t even trial the system because of the corrupted settings thing. It’s a shame because the configuration process (things like adjusting cure prios) is really polished; definitely the easiest out of svof, wsys and Trex.
    Ok. Sorry took so long to respond. The 'tlogin' alias is your main alias you use to initialize the system when you login. If you are using this at startup when opening mudlet, and getting those errors, it means you didn't install properly. I'd be happy to take a look at it. If you are getting an error saying that your system has corrupted settings it means that Mudlet has gone screwy in the file path and has distorted or messed up your table saves in your file path directory, which is a mudlet issue. And I just prefer to let the users know hey your shit is messed up, best to just reinstall. 

Because of this. I have made a few ways for making your re-installation very easy. The previous posts do cover this topic yes. Also there is an in game clan that has some alias examples built for configuring your keepup and defups instantly.

But most likely the issue you are having her Caled, is the installation process isnt happening properly for whatever reason. hit me up in game so I can invite you to the clan and help you out.
    My laptop died a couple of weeks ago and I just tested the latest Trex on my new one - no problem. I'm not sure if you fixed it in one of the more recent releases, or if something is different between the laptops, but so far it looks good and I'll try and use it for a few days and see what I think.

The alternative is to continue using the hodgepodge of Wsys, my stuff and various other packages I've found and in some cases been fixing (I really should post some of the wsys fixes really)

Every time I think I'm done, I find something else to fix or write so it'll be nice if Trex is more 'combat ready'.

Incidentally, the only thing I can think of it it was my other two laptops (a dead surface pro 2 and a dell from work) is the use of network drives and cloud storage. I thought I had managed to keep mudlet well away from all of that, but perhaps it was not.

• @Sobriquet Added in a toggle to the 'settings' menu to turn the TReX Roar on and off. Same for the chimes sounds on your tells. Thanks for the rant and raves. Great ideas!
  • ok, tried this on a blank profile and it seems to be behaving itself at the moment :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • @Sobriquet Just added in a 'colors' menu toggle to toggle off my system colors so you can use your own. Thanks for the suggestions. I bet there were others that felt the same way that just didn't say anything. Cheers.
  • edited August 2018
    I am not giving it out anymore; very few appreciate the work I put in, and very few appreciate me as an individual. If you got a copy of TReX before I removed it. Count yourself lucky, because it will and always will blow anything else out there out of the water. If I like you of course and your not an ass hole, and really want a copy, I might share it.
  • Just for the record. I had a lot of plans of helping you work on the system, and also had a lot of improvements to share with you, but you were literally never around, or at least not on the character I knew. I was really excited for the potential of TreX.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • edited August 2018
    Glisan said:
    Just for the record. I had a lot of plans of helping you work on the system, and also had a lot of improvements to share with you, but you were literally never around, or at least not on the character I knew. I was really excited for the potential of TreX.

@Glisan I am around most of the time, less and less of late though. You can always send me a message. And I only have Nehmrah, (hah, I dont have time for any other characters or energy) I had a git page as well and a clan in game which was advertised on the forums and in the system options, and there was also Lucianus you could have contacted. I am glad to hear many have found it enjoyable. If you want to share those updates I can always take a look at them. I am close to/thinking about retiring. I just haven't got up the strength to do it yet. 
  • Thank you to those who have sent me kind messages. I wish there were more out there like you.
  • Because of your kind messages I re-opened the git, for a time. I'll see how it goes. Didn't realize so many used it.
  • This year has been crazy for me in real life. I'm beginning to slowly find the time to be online again. If there are any bugs or issues found with the system. You can PM me on the forum or create a Github issue. I do get emails whenever people use the git issuing part.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I was having difficulties setting it up as an early adopter and went back to svof. However, seeing it's advanced a lot since then, I'll try a fresh install using the video you shared.

Thank you for your work!

• Siduri said:
    I was having difficulties setting it up as an early adopter and went back to svof. However, seeing it's advanced a lot since then, I'll try a fresh install using the video you shared.

Thank you for your work!
    Let me know how you like it and also if you have any issues.
  • I've installed it and it seems to be working. Thanks for sharing it - I really appreciate the work you've put in.
    Is there still a clan where we can ask questions? Or maybe a discord?
  • A question - does TRex do any gui stuff? I was assuming it does not, but I have been getting strange behaviour when I try to add my own map window. I did some testing on a blank profile and it doesn't seem to be due to mistakes I'm making - I'm wondering if my script is battling some ui feature of TRex that I don't know about?

• Missed the edit window apparently.
    I should add that it isn't just the mapper - even when I remove the map stuff I attempted, if I create a container and attempt to put YATCO into the container, it just won't play.
  • Yes, there is a GUI alias. That lets you easily move the main screen around. But that should not affect your Yatco. It is set default to be as if there is no GUI.  If you need more help let me know. I am happy to help you figure it out.

• I’m certainly interested in it. 
  • Re: the UI issues I was seeing yesterday.

While I got everything working properly, I have no idea what caused it.
    I was keeping it very simple - in the end I just installed YATCO and am showing the map in a yatco tab.

As soon as the map started displaying, TRex would begin showing the system corrupted line after restarting. Yatco without the map tab was fine, but with it, after restarting mudlet, 'tlogin' would fail and the error message about corrupted setting was thrown up.

However, unlike other instances where I saw this error (a few months back when I first tried trex), 'tinstall' worked, and since then yatco, the map and trex have all been playing nicely.

So in short - no idea why it happened, but it was easily fixable and is now playing nicely. That said - I do like the look of yours, especially as I think it would help learn what trex is capable of, moreso than trawling through aliases and trying them out.

• Thanks for the hard work. This looked amazing and I thaught I'd try it out but I'm having 0 luck. I follow the steps in the video but when I type "install" nothing happens. And I have no idea where to go from there.
  • tinstall

• Leffe said:
    tinstall

Thanks Leffe! Yes I changed it to "tinstall".