Nexus Pathfinding script

edited September 2018 in Tech Support
So I've been away getting royally boned by life, but before I stopped playing, I wrote a partial pathfinding script akin to Mudlet Mapper.

List here. (EdenMapper.nxs) Raw file here.

As I don't think I'll be back for a while, I thought I should hoist it up here and hope someone with Nexus inclinations looks into it and optimises it or scavenges it for code.

Simply install by importing the .nxs, type nmap, type -m, then type mmap. Use rf to find rooms, af to find areas. Use mstop to stop walking. Use pg to walk to a room, use pn to walk to the adjacent room. There are toggles for Veil & Duanathar, but I have not tested them too much on Nexus.

The AStar algorithm was very neat; unfortunately, I don't know which repo I copied the script from. Will post the link when I relocate it.

Hope this is useful for someone.

Disclaimer: It is very rough and will very likely break.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    OK, maybe I'm being thick, but I don't know my way around the scripting part of the Nexus client. Where can I find functions like:

mk.stop()
    mk.goto()

etc?

I'd like to see how they're constructed, with a view to getting stuck into scripting for Nexus

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited September 2018
    If you click function _map_interpreted you will find mk.stop at line 135 and mk.goto at line 165.

Unfortunately since using it yesterday, there are now some Cross-Origin errors with the CORS proxy server; no idea what the issue is as other CORS requests are turning up ok. Coincidence? Technically this issue can be bypassed by reconstructing the xml that Zahan's Mapdb uses that is less adequately interpreted by JSON.parse. From memory took me an additional one to two hundred lines of code to parse those split xmls. Will look for that code.

E: Here is roughly the additional code needed to parse Zahan-style xmls.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."