Loan Arrangement for Credits

Hey there! Title of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. My computer died almost a month ago, and I've been pricing up a build to not only replace it, but to get something ridiculously nice. I'm a third of the way there, yay! However, I want to order it now, rather than waiting another two months. I don't have am abundance of cash, but I -do- have an abundance of credits, so I figured I'd give this a shot.

Proposal -
I secure a loan from someone for $2k USD, via PayPal or other service with protection above and beyond handing physical cash to someone and to ensure that there's an incorruptible record of the exchange. As an incentive, I immediately transfer over 2500cr (negotiable) to be kept permanently, not as a sale of credits but as a gift or "thank you" separate from the transaction. This money would be paid back at the rate of $400 every two weeks beginning on September 14th, until the balance is settled.

I know it's a longshot, but I figured someone might have expendable income to tie up temporarily and wouldn't mind receiving ~$750 worth of credits for their trouble. I also want to stress that even though my rig was essentially my sole source of entertainment that this is a want not a need, so it isn't as if I'd go homeless without it, only a little stir crazy on my days off of work. I could also see halving this offer and working with two people, but probably not more than that so as not to overcomplicate matters. Feel free to hit me up with a forum message or connect on Discord if you're interested. If not, no hard feelings, just exploring options to get my current dream build completed sooner rather than later!

Comments

• And done! Much obliged, all.

• Glad you got it worked out, bro.  Sorry I couldn't hook you up.

• No harm no foul, brother! I knew it was a longshot, glad someone likes credits though!

• So you're saying you don't have cash for a 2k++ dollar computer, but you're going to buy one anyway?

I don't understand these priorities.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Rangor said:
    So you're saying you don't have cash for a 2k++ dollar computer, but you're going to buy one anyway?

You aren't American, this is how the average American functions.
  • Achilles said:
    Rangor said:
    So you're saying you don't have cash for a 2k++ dollar computer, but you're going to buy one anyway?

You aren't American, this is how the average American functions.
    I thought it was just the government that was funded on loans :)
  • The American economy is extremely leveraged on debt and cheap money. All it takes is a little push to send everything tumbling down :)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Our country was built on debt! Really hard to justify blowing somebody up when they owe you trillions...
  • Rackham said:
    Our country was built on debt! Really hard to justify blowing somebody up when they owe you trillions...
    Yeah. Everyone knows you just break a few fingers or kneecaps, can't off someone that owes you money. Unless you need to set an example.
  • I should ask the same thing, I’ll piggyback off Trey, but I honestly only need 500 USD to get myself a second hand pc that I can still use. Unfortunately my siblings have completely ignored my calls and messages, so for all I know they are just keeping my pc and I’m out even more money again. If anyone wants to help out I’d gladly pay back quick and throw you some credits in return for your gratuity, or I’ll christen the new system by beating dark souls remastered with broken swords, naked and no soul levels...

ewww, just thinking about that makes me not want the pc...
  • If I could, know that I’d shove money down your throat just to get you back on Achaea, @Minifie! Trust me, your presence is sorely missed by one lowly shopkeeper.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Minifie said:
    I should ask the samguye thing, I’ll piggyback off Trey, but I honestly only need 500 USD to get myself a second hand pc that I can still use. Unfortunately my siblings have completely ignored my calls and messages, so for all I know they are just keeping my pc and I’m out even more money again. If anyone wants to help out I’d gladly pay back quick and throw you some credits in return for your gratuity, or I’ll christen the new system by beating dark souls remastered with broken swords, naked and no soul levels...

So much cheaper to break in and steal your shit back

• I'm honestly boggled by somebody who needs $2000 to build a computer at this moment. 
  • Nazihk said:
    I'm honestly boggled by somebody who needs $2000 to build a computer at this moment. 
    Geforce RTX *fapfap*
  • Caelan said:
    Minifie said:
    I should ask the samguye thing, I’ll piggyback off Trey, but I honestly only need 500 USD to get myself a second hand pc that I can still use. Unfortunately my siblings have completely ignored my calls and messages, so for all I know they are just keeping my pc and I’m out even more money again. If anyone wants to help out I’d gladly pay back quick and throw you some credits in return for your gratuity, or I’ll christen the new system by beating dark souls remastered with broken swords, naked and no soul levels...

So much cheaper to break in and steal your shit back
    In all srs, it wouldn’t be, would have to hire a car or fly, and doubt I’d be able to fit the pc and monitor/peripherals onto checked luggage. Having it shipped is the cheapest, but that would involve them doing the packing/having it picked up, but I can buy a  2nd hand system on the sunshine coast for ~650 usd, which included monitor and peripherals, so is next cheapest option.
  • Rangor said:
    Nazihk said:
    I'm honestly boggled by somebody who needs $2000 to build a computer at this moment. 
    Geforce RTX *fapfap*
    AKA people who don't know what's good to buy buying expensive things
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• my R9 290X still plays most new games on good graphics tyvm. Best £200 I ever spent (years ago)
  • Jarrod said:
    Rangor said:
    Nazihk said:
    Geforce RTX *fapfap*
    $$$$ The more expensive the better it must be $$$$$$$$$$$
  • Jarrod said:
    Rangor said:
    Nazihk said:
    Geforce RTX *fapfap*
    I went with an i7 8700k versus an 8086k to shave ~$80 off because I didn't think it was worth the extra .05GHz you can eke out from the top end with non-psychotic overclocking. Similarly, I actually ended up going with a 1080ti instead of the new 20 series cards because while the increased memory speed (and presumably the GPU base as well, stats weren't available when I was doing my research), and ray tracing seems like it will be pretty cool in the future, there aren't a lot of games that I plan on playing that will make use of that tech, and even with a supposed 50% better performance average vs the 1080, it wasn't enough to get me to pony up an extra $600. The goal here was to push most of the games I play, along with future games, as close to 144fps as I can get with max detail settings at 1080p or 1440p resolution (I don't have a monitor that can support 4k yet, and my current monitor doesn't need replacing). The build I have currently should be able to handle my expectations.

The WD Black 1TB NVME drive that I picked for my primary boot was a selection not for the read/write speed over a cheaper SSD, but drive longevity - the larger the drive capacity is, the longer the write life of the drive is. The one I chose is rated for up to 600TB of writes, which means that you could write 50GB per day to the drive and not have its write capacity used up for 33 years. Given that my use for the machine will have that at significantly less, it virtually eliminates a potential point of failure with the drive, as I'm sure it will outlive everything else in the system.

But no man I just bought this shit because of the pricetag, who does research lmao

Disclaimer - the case I bought is going to light up like Vegas on Christmas, so I guess there is a portion of the cost of this build that has absolutely zero effect on performance, but I've cheaped out on every other case I've ever purchased and wanted to go a little wild. All six fan slots are taken up by RGB fans, and I'm installing an LED strip as well.

Corsair Crystal Series 570X (picture stolen from Cyberpower PC, not my build)

• edited August 2018
    @trey Your apartment will light up like a street corner in amsterdam! :)

You also make me want to upgrade! *grab money*
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Rangor said:

@Rangor I see you did not neglect the cultural aspects on your visit to Amsterdam!

• Oceana said:
    Rangor said:

@Rangor I see you did not neglect the cultural aspects on your visit to Amsterdam!

I am very cultured and well traveled now. If his led's are flashing I would say "his appartment will light up like a massage parlour in Kuala Lumpur" (@jurixe)
  • I'm not sure how a 1080ti build gets to 2k tho, it's nto that pricy after the bitcoin surge dropped. That said I don't really care that much it's your money.
  • Kiet said:
    I'm not sure how a 1080ti build gets to 2k tho, it's nto that pricy after the bitcoin surge dropped. That said I don't really care that much it's your money.
    The nvme drive and video card were half of the build. $679 for the card, $369 for the drive. 

• I stand by my previous comment.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I'm glad to see you're still as helpful and knowledgeable as always, bud. <3

• You could easily be way over 2K for a computer nowadays. I believe you will regret not getting an SSD.
  • Leviticus said:
    You could easily be way over 2K for a computer nowadays. I believe you will regret not getting an SSD.
    I did? The nvme drive is an SSD.

https://www.wdc.com/products/internal-ssd/wd-black-nvme-ssd.html