Underworld Feedback

13»

Comments

• Okay, so here are my latest notes of what I think should be changed. Ictinus did adjust some things so the clumping is not as big of an issue (but it is still an issue in some places).

1. Wandering needs adjusting. Rooms still go from 0-1 mob to 5 in just a second or two sometimes.

2. Stupidity use needs to go way down.

3. If you're going to use mobs that can set up limbs to break, parry should be able to be used vs them.

4. Non-honours mobs shouldn't be able to heal more health than an unartied person can do.

That's pretty much it for the stuff that still really pisses me off.

• Here is an example of what is not fun, and something that happens every time I go into the UW:

Link

tl;dr - squinted into a room, two mobs that I can tank or move away from. Go into room, hit, by the time I get balance back 3 more mobs have come into the room and I'm stunned, proned, level 2 broken leg, and about 5 afflictions. 3 of the mobs are ones that both fly and chase very quickly.

What follows is me trying to lyre kill them, but the massive afflictions and hindering they do prevent this, so I die. I could have theoretically gotten out of the UW after I stood up after the wand by flying, raising my olive branch, running to the root and using lyre until I was fully healed, then touching root. But without the wand, lyre, and olive branch talisman that is impossible.

• Just curious to ask the masses....

Who if anyone even attempts to bash Underworld?

its more of a location you don't want other people knowing your venturing down there so not surprised to not see anyone.... but just curious as to if anyone even attempts it?

• Me and you.

I've never seen anyone bashing there alone.

There are a couple people that go down in groups, but it doesn't last long. 

• edited August 2018
    I bash there alone regularly. But yeah, I don't see many others usually.

Atalkez and Karren have when they were around.

I wouldn't bother if I didn't have a ring of flying, though.
  • I was down there bashing alone for a while when it first came out, but haven't lately. The gold and xp just isn't worth it when I have to pay a lot more attention and almost guarantee death if I get jumped while on a mob that chases.
  • I like the danger because I hate normal bashing. I agree the rewards aren't really worth it if you're just bashing for those. Would be nice if there were more talisman drops there or something. Maybe even a unique talisman set you get there like the atlatls and stuff on the islands. Then it can stay hard but still be worth it.
  • That's honestly a common theme lately.  Hard content is great but we really need proportional rewards of any kind from them.  Forays suffer the same problem of being difficult content with horrible rewards.  Underworld also compounds the gold cap issue, where giving better gold than another place that just means you hit gold cap faster and so spend even less time hunting.
  • I bash there solo sometimes, but granted I haven't really had a bashing session in the last few weeks.
  • Penwize said:
    That's honestly a common theme lately.  Hard content is great but we really need proportional rewards of any kind from them.  Forays suffer the same problem of being difficult content with horrible rewards.  Underworld also compounds the gold cap issue, where giving better gold than another place that just means you hit gold cap faster and so spend even less time hunting.

I would do forays more often if I didn't have to wander through the wilderness forever to find them. :( 

Except Margam :angry:

That one's a "okay I beat this, I'm never doing it again."