Battle for Azeroth

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Now that's a cinematic. Spoiler if you haven't done this week's quests. I love Sylvanas's voice actor so much.

• Rogues in World PvP are going to be an asspain. 5 second stun to dead.
  • Leviticus said:
    Rogues in World PvP are going to be an asspain. 5 second stun to dead.
    More heavy nerfs just went in today. We will see.

• I found Proficy's long lost cousin today in a BG.

• Wow the resemblance is uncanny
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • WOOT WOOT ROGUE NERFSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • haterade#1408 is my battletag. Gonna level up Alliance first, probably my feral druid then I will switch to horde.
  • aaay count me in. I just boosted Alliance cus all my friends went over after Sylvanas' bs. I'm on WrA because I'm filthy rp scum, playing a night elf hunter.

aciidwire#1437
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Khizan#1948, Emerald Dream Alliance. I'm happy with my guild(which isn't accepting new members), but will quite possibly be down for some cross server things. If there's enough of us on the Alliance somebody should set up a community to make it easier for grouping.

Also, question: Paladin(Ret main) or SV hunter to start? 
  • edited August 2018
    Wys#1100, I'm on Kul'Tiras. Almost definitely going to be sticking with Alliance for the foreseeable future but I've got a few Horde at 110 waiting around too. I'm in a guild but we'll see how things pan out!

Most likely going to be playing monk, but I'm fickle and have a billion alts for a reason.

• Disgusting Alliance players.

@Nazihk I would say Paladin personally. Ret, holy and prot are all strong going into BFA. SV is okay, BM is best hunter spec in BFA. MM is beyond garbage.

• Most people who play WoW are not good enough players for strengths and weaknesses of classes to matter.

Play whatever class you enjoy playing, not something you don't because it does 6% more damage at optimal play.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Most people who play WoW are not good enough players for strengths and weaknesses of classes to matter.

Play whatever class you enjoy playing, not something you don't because it does 6% more damage at optimal play.
    While true, some people enjoy playing a class because it does BIG DAMUJ - That said, MM truly is hot garbage at the moment, I really wouldn't recommend that or feral to anyone, unless you REALLY enjoy playing them. Friend got his feral to 112 just now before saying fuck it and leveling his warrior instead.

I mostly suggested Ret on the off chance he decides he wants to tank or heal, because both of them are decent and not THAT boring. Survival and BM are both in a good spot in both pve and pvp.

• XaeXae
    edited August 2018
    Pyori said:
    Jarrod said:
    Most people who play WoW are not good enough players for strengths and weaknesses of classes to matter.

While true, some people enjoy playing a class because it does BIG DAMUJ - That said, MM truly is hot garbage at the moment, I really wouldn't recommend that or feral to anyone, unless you REALLY enjoy playing them. Friend got his feral to 112 just now before saying fuck it and leveling his warrior instead.

I mostly suggested Ret on the off chance he decides he wants to tank or heal, because both of them are decent and not THAT boring. Survival and BM are both in a good spot in both pve and pvp.
    Honestly, I'm enjoying Marksman far more than the other two. I'm about 112 and haven't had any complaints one-shotting everything rofl. To each their own, I guess.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Marksman, Subtlety, Fire Mage, Destruction, they're all really solid (especially if geared) for the first half of leveling in an expansion, you're usually still strong from the previous xpac and can 1-shot your way through the first zone or two. They start to slow down though, when you can't just Aimed Shot everything for a quick kill.

Then it's BM, Outlaw, Frost, and Affliction's time to shine!
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Running pally for the first time and it's pretty fun so far. I feel like I'm cheating on my warlock main though  =)
  • edited August 2018
    Jarrod said:
    Marksman, Subtlety, Fire Mage, Destruction, they're all really solid (especially if geared) for the first half of leveling in an expansion, you're usually still strong from the previous xpac and can 1-shot your way through the first zone or two. They start to slow down though, when you can't just Aimed Shot everything for a quick kill.

Then it's BM, Outlaw, Frost, and Affliction's time to shine!
    Havoc, Ret and Arms have been giving me a run for my money in dungeons so far, as well. Though I'm only 116 - I could probably be 120 if I didn't stop playing for like eight hours last night. Although that's mostly because of what you said- they still have their legendaries and tier sets. I don't, because I didn't raid on mage prior to BFA.

• So I haven't really played since MoP, but I bought BFA and just used my boost on my Druid. Did they severely nerf feral druid or something? It just feels horrible now even with Tiger's Fury and Berserk up. Did they just drastically increase the energy that shred uses?
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • Glisan said:
    So I haven't really played since MoP, but I bought BFA and just used my boost on my Druid. Did they severely nerf feral druid or something? It just feels horrible now even with Tiger's Fury and Berserk up. Did they just drastically increase the energy that shred uses?
    Yes, yes they did. People in my guild like to meme about Bear being the new melee dps spec for druids.

• *takes down notes*
  • Pyori said:
    Glisan said:
    So I haven't really played since MoP, but I bought BFA and just used my boost on my Druid. Did they severely nerf feral druid or something? It just feels horrible now even with Tiger's Fury and Berserk up. Did they just drastically increase the energy that shred uses?
    Yes, yes they did. People in my guild like to meme about Bear being the new melee dps spec for druids.
    I finally gave up and went to balanced. It's not the best, but it is SO much better for leveling. That's just crazy because feral sat as king dick deeps for Druids for so long and now it is just trash.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • Glisan said:
    Pyori said:
    Glisan said:
    I finally gave up and went to balanced. It's not the best, but it is SO much better for leveling. That's just crazy because feral sat as king dick deeps for Druids for so long and now it is just trash.
    Boomkin has basically never been bad. Especially on fights with a lot of adds, like most of Antorus. Mythic+ especially, Boomkin is absolutely amazing... The spec is just so damn boring.

Feral's damage is fine in pvp... PvE not so much, there's a reason Soda's stream title the past few days has been "Hunter pet PoV" lol.

• edited August 2018
    It's finally out! Worth the wait, for sure. N'zoth's voice is both creepy and amazing at the same time.

• Glisan said:
    Pyori said:
    Glisan said:
    Dont understand how you are having problems with Feral. Get bleeds up move to next mob by the time those bleeds expire they are at like 25 percent. Bite is a little garbage. The heals are OP though. Also Soda is geared as shit and he also plays Feral (1v1) as a bleed and kit game. Feral just received a 15 percent increase to rip so that should be interesting. I went Paladin because all specs are doing great right now plus utility. I don't think people understand how much I save them during fights on mythic. 
  • crai
    Blizzard's cinematics fucking on-point this expansion.

• Pyori said:
    crai

Cinematics this expansion are pretty amazing.

Storytelling is a bit...lacklustre and rather confusing in relation to character motives. They keep saying "just wait" and I'm hoping some large unveiling is given at the end that wraps everything together.
  • Asmodron said:
    Pyori said:
    crai

Cinematics this expansion are pretty amazing.

Storytelling is a bit...lacklustre and rather confusing in relation to character motives. They keep saying "just wait" and I'm hoping some large unveiling is given at the end that wraps everything together.
    Not really. But that's not a conversation I'm going to be getting into with people. It's impossible for it to be productive.

• edited September 2019
    The cinematic was absolutely beautiful and seeing Varok die was sad. I really liked his character - the old veteran with a sense of honor and dignity, a classic archetype I've always enjoyed.
  • Im coming back to WoW after a while (shortly after BfA released). Got a few 120’s, two horde and an alliance. Druid/Warlock horde, Priest alliance. Any other recent returners that want to get together and play?
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Holstein said:
    Im coming back to WoW after a while (shortly after BfA released). Got a few 120’s, two horde and an alliance. Druid/Warlock horde, Priest alliance. Any other recent returners that want to get together and play?
    Druid and Lock are both really good right now, for most specs. Priest is okay, but there's a lot of them rn because of how broken Shadow is.