GCMP Questions for Nexus

So, I found out recently that when you log on Nexus, it does not show prompts. Since I am trying to use it to learn combat, I was wondering if there is a way to use GCMP to create a prompt of sorts that will show up. I do not know much about GCMP but have read all the documentation on the Nexus Wiki. Problem is it does not tell you how to even capture it. 
Thanks in advance for the help. I hope I explained what I am trying to do clear enough.

Nageek

Comments

• Well for one, Prompts are toggle-able using the nexus settings tab. You can toggle it on the same page as where you edit your text size.

But also to answer your question about GMCP, There are multiple ways for you to go about making your own prompt, But the set of commands will probably look like this:
    The onGMCP function receives two arguments - args.gmcp_method is the GMCP message name, args.gmcp_args are the parameters (if any).

if (args.gmcp_method == "Char.Vitals") 
    {
       var health= args.gmcp_args.hp;
       var maxhealth= args.gmcp_args.maxhp;
       var mana = args.gmcp_args.mp;
       var left = args.gmcp_args.leftwield;
       var right = args.gmcp_args.rightwield;

client.print("Health: " + health + ", Mana: " + mana + ", Left: " + left + ", Right: " + right);
       client.set_variable('current-health', health);
       client.set_variable('max-health', maxhealth);
       client.set_variable('current-mana', mana);
       client.set_variable('wielded-right', right);
       client.set_variable('wielded-left', left);
    }

You can find your key phrases in :http://nexus.ironrealms.com/GMCP
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Nexus also automatically populates the GMCP data into client-side variable for you, so you can just use the @my_maxhealth or whatever variables! Check the Variables tab in the settings window to see what's available for your class.
  • Tecton said:
    Nexus also automatically populates the GMCP data into client-side variable for you, so you can just use the @my_maxhealth or whatever variables! Check the Variables tab in the settings window to see what's available for your class.
    Oh. Wasn't sure how those variables got populated. I wonder why the logging on Nexus does not show up custom prompts.... Working on making one that triggers through GMCP because using an OnBlock event is a bit to much. Also, not sure why it was messing up but now it is working. Might have been doing GCMP instead of GMCP.... actually had to correct myself cause I got them mixed so that is probably what happened. :lol:
  • You can always look at HELP CUSTOMPROMPT, and make one serverside rather than clientside. It supports basically everything you could need, except affs.

• edited August 2018
    @Pyori I have a serverside prompt... it just does not show up in logging and that is kind of important for me since I am trying to use logging to learn combat
  • Nageek said:
    @Pyori I have a serverside prompt... it just does not show up in logging and that is kind of important for me since I am trying to use logging to learn combat
    Sounds like that's either a bug, or it's an intended feature that isn't necessarily a good one. While you might want to work around that in the short term, the long term solution seems like it would be to get the Nexus team to actually correct that functionality (either fix the bug, or add an option to include prompts in logs).
  • @Antonius I agree, it is really annoying and I have went through the settings on the client to find if there is an option for logs and there is only options to toggle timestamps.
    Also, decided to just do it on a on text block event instead of on GMCP.... also put a delay on it
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited August 2018
    Hrrm, yeah, we'll get it fixed up, what nexus prompt option are you using @Nageek ? Are you using "only show last prompt received", or are you showing them all? Hiding them all?
  • @Tecton
    I am using a custom prompt by using CONFIG PROMPT CUSTOM and having it show all of them