Battle for Azeroth

Comments

• Just stumbled across the jaina vid - think I'm going to have to get the damn expansion now.
  • edited July 2018
    I'm one of those "been playing since beta" guys and been running a guild since Icecrown.  I can't say I'm super excited to for BfA, but some of the possible stories they've hinted at does have my attention.  I wouldn't call my guild "high level" but more of completionist. We have an agreed upon rule that we push to clear heroic each tier. We're basically a bunch of old hardcore raiders in denial.

It's not always pretty though. Tomb was painful towards the end, but Antorus ran a lot smoother minus freaking sisters. Anyway, if any of you guys are ever looking for a crew to run with alliance side (or need a tank for M+ or something), we're generally always looking for folks.
  • edited July 2018
    Anyone know of any good sources to buy a fully decked out WoW character or gear/exp farming services?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • That's not what this thread is for. Let's keep it to within the ToS of the game, yeah?

• I want to play, since I did pre-order and all, but I also don't want to play because I'm doing other stuff. Life is hard.

• Vhayne said:
    I want to play, since I did pre-order and all, but I also don't want to play because I'm doing other stuff. Life is hard.
    tbf I jump between games pretty frequently, right now I'm binging dark souls pretty hard (got my dark souls remastered speed run no hacks all bosses to 1:35 so I think I can really improve that time).

BfA will probably give me a break there too, so might come at the perfect time ^_^
  • I'm at the level of raiding now where not clearing Heroic by night 2 (within four hours total) of release feels alien. Hopefully can at least maintain week 1-2 clearing with whatever I end up doing for raiding, I hate having to 'progress' on easy content...
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited August 2018
    Actually having a decent bit of fun on the pre-patch "season" surprisingly... Fucking Priest/Rogue comps every other game is a bit much, though. Feels like unless I'm playing with a DH or a DK there's not a whole lot I can do versus it... Fortunately it's what I'll be actually playing in BFA, as I have for ever season since S5, but still.
    That was my longest game out of about 20 or so... No more 10+ minute games is a fucking blessing.

• Arena has always annoyed the crap out of me.  Every expansion there is one or two class setups that are hands down better than anything else.  If you aren't those classes?  Gg.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • The story so far has been pretty amazing and shocking. I'm sure some of you are aware of social media exploding with the outcome of the 'most recent development' (wont mention for spoilers).

I admit I am a bit disheartened with the direction for the Horde, it feels a bit...done already, but i'm excited for what's next.
  • One thing to note with prepatch is that class balance is awful currently. Assassination rogue is God tier in PvP right now. Damage is nuts and you can't escape it.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited August 2018
    Jarrod said:
    One thing to note with prepatch is that class balance is awful currently. Assassination rogue is God tier in PvP right now. Damage is nuts and you can't escape it.
    Rogue damage in general is nuts on the beta too, lol. Priest/Rogue has always been a T1 comp since Arena's inception, I have doubts that'll change anytime soon regardless of its obscene damage. It's always been my favourite, next to mage/rogue. Wound poison is largely what makes it hard to manage right now, since it's not 10% anymore- same with all MS-debuff-related debuffs.

Torinn said:
    Arena has always annoyed the crap out of me.  Every expansion there is one or two class setups that are hands down better than anything else.  If you aren't those classes?  Gg.  
    Being better does not mean they always win. Hpal/Dk and Hpal/Warr were practically king in Wrath and I didn't really have an issue with them as Priest/Rogue. Was hard when they had Shadowmourne, but aside from that... Feral/Enhance was gross in Cata; again, didn't have an issue if I played well.

Of course if you're doing something silly like hpal/mage you're probably gonna have a rough time versus a lot of things. I agree there's always been some comps which do a ton better, a ton easier!

Asmodron said:
    The story so far has been pretty amazing and shocking. I'm sure some of you are aware of social media exploding with the outcome of the 'most recent development' (wont mention for spoilers).

I admit I am a bit disheartened with the direction for the Horde, it feels a bit...done already, but i'm excited for what's next.
    It's not really that shocking, if you know the history of the ones involved. That said, I'm glad personally. Dicks out for the Dark Lady. It's about time.

• Season 5 DK/HPal

If you were playing rogue you had to be significantly better than them to pull out a win. Initial season DK was designed as a hard counter to rogue in every aspect :(

Re: Story, this might help you feel like Sylvanas' actions were less random-

• edited August 2018
    Jarrod said:
    Season 5 DK/HPal

If you were playing rogue you had to be significantly better than them to pull out a win. Initial season DK was designed as a hard counter to rogue in every aspect :(
    I did say they were king :p Once scourge strike damage got fixed it wasn't as bad, but it was still pretty bad. Assass is great because envenom is 'spell' damage, not physical. So being a plate class didn't really mitigate it much. Plus that's back when priest still had mana burn, as well as blind/fear not DRing with one another... Now, DK + Prot-Holy pal... That was another thing entirely. I didn't 2s all that much in S5/6 purely because of that comp. Mostly just RMP / RSpDr 3s.

S6 it got a lot better, once you got more health and resilience and didn't have to gem for resilience as much.

• I don't know if I want to play my Warrior or DK. Leaning Warrior because Fury and Arms is a little bit higher on the DPS chart than Unholy and Frost. I really want to play my Druid but Feral is right where Shaman is (shit tier) and they always tend to get nerfed. Feral also blows at AOE. BLOWWWWS. But it does have 4 specs...
  • What is demon Lord looking like? I want to try something new, but not if it sucks!
  • Rangor said:
    What is demon Lord looking like? I want to try something new, but not if it sucks!
    Extremely strong in AOE fights. Average in single target. I think like all specs there are times in the fight where they will be at the top but most times they will be sitting behind Sub Rogues>Frost Mages> Destro Locks>Boomkins>Arms (Single Target)/Fury (AOE)Warriors> Unholy DK's. They also are not mechanically demanding after the first initial learning curve. The tank is 2nd worst. Monk>Druid>Warrior>DK>Pally. 
  • It should be Monk>Druid>DK>Warrior (More mitigation than DH, less self sustain)>DH>Pally
  • Shit. Do I have to go monk or go bear? :p
  • edited August 2018
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooads of misinformation, I'm sorry.

I'm assuming you mean Demon Hunter, in which case it's still top 3-4 as it has been since its release. Drops a LITTLE bit at BFA, but it's still top.
    Vengeance tank is 1 of, if not the best, going into BFA. For both raiding as well as Mythic+ - ESPECIALLY Mythic+, it's going to be the meta tank to have. If you care about the meta.

At the moment (at 120- Legion charts is now irrelevant) it's Ret > Assass/Windwalker > Subtlety > Affliction lock > Demon hunter for dps. With outlaw, dk (both specs) and enhance sham all very close behind. The rest are all relatively close, but behind all of the mentioned ones. Mythic plus is a different story; casters rip ahead and melee suffer, simply because of what high M+ is all about, even Shadow which is one of the weaker dps in bfa.

For tank dps it's DH > Brewmaster > Druid/Warrior > Dk > Pally
    For tank survival (does not mean best) it's Pally > Monk > DH > Dk > Warrior/Druid.
    For Myth+ tanks it's DH > Warrior/Druid/Monk/Pally in no particular order > DK.
    For raids I don't imagine it being different.

For healers I'm unsure of. I just know in Mythic+ discipline is going to be king, because of what the M+ meta is going to be (which a lot of people are going to follow, because that's just how online games work. Not everyone will, but tryhards will.)

• Pyori said:
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooads of misinformation, I'm sorry.

I'm assuming you mean Demon Hunter, in which case it's still top 3-4 as it has been since its release. Drops a LITTLE bit at BFA, but it's still top.
    Vengeance tank is 1 of, if not the best, going into BFA. For both raiding as well as Mythic+ - ESPECIALLY Mythic+, it's going to be the meta tank to have. If you care about the meta.

At the moment (at 120- Legion charts is now irrelevant) it's Ret > Assass/Windwalker > Subtlety > Affliction lock > Demon hunter for dps. With outlaw, dk (both specs) and enhance sham all very close behind. The rest are all relatively close, but behind all of the mentioned ones. Mythic plus is a different story; casters rip ahead and melee suffer, simply because of what high M+ is all about, even Shadow which is one of the weaker dps in bfa.

For tank dps it's DH > Brewmaster > Druid/Warrior > Dk > Pally
    For tank survival (does not mean best) it's Pally > Monk > DH > Dk > Warrior/Druid.
    For Myth+ tanks it's DH > Warrior/Druid/Monk/Pally in no particular order > DK.
    For raids I don't imagine it being different.

For healers I'm unsure of. I just know in Mythic+ discipline is going to be king, because of what the M+ meta is going to be (which a lot of people are going to follow, because that's just how online games work. Not everyone will, but tryhards will.)
    I don't know where you are pulling your information from but for the last 2 months I have been playing beta, watching Youtube and reading every forum that even talks about DPS, Tank, Heals.

This is method who talks about top 5 classes for DPS which was ranked two days ago...

This is Kelani who goes in depth into every class and talks about their DPS all the way to their raid utility (because it has changed). (For Melee)

Here is another one who talks about AOE fights where he does say DH in AOE is top tier.

Enhance Shaman is all proc based, so there is no way they are "close". Feral druid is a joke in AOE fights and good in single target with the right spec and full bleeds. 

You can look up all the other information in a few google searches. 
  • http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/targets-1-ilvl-240-fight-max/

This is level 110. Kind of supports some of your DPS rankings but not really.
  • edited August 2018
    I'm not sure why you linked the Noxxic site, considering I said at 120. Not at 110. The website's got a history of vastly incorrect information, though. You can see as much if you compare its "rankings", to actual logs. Theoretical dps is not actual dps. Not sure why you'd link that, to be honest.

You know that Method video is for mythic+ only, right? Which actually supports what I said where, barring rogues, casters are top dps... With the melee ones being in the order I said... Did you like... Actually watch it? The order I posted prior to the mythic+ comments, are from logs of guilds doing the raids when they were open for testing... Not people putting their opinions on what they think is top.

Also, if you saw the title of Kelani's video, you'd see it's not "all dps" - he's doing it by role. In the case of that one, it's for melee dps only. He's also ranking it in terms of overall, rather than raw dps like I said. As well, it's yet another video that's for mythics. Not raids...

• edited August 2018
    Fuck, just missed the edit window when I was typing up the edit...

The meta has already been established, pretty much, because of the class-specific buffs that got (re)added in 8.0 (fort, int, etc). When it comes to Mythic+ especially, you don't just pick what has the highest dps and call it a day. There's a number of other factors when you're pushing high(er) level keys, check youtube and watch the Mythic Invitational, you'll pickup the trends quickly I assure you... I'm willing to bet the compositions aren't going to change (much at all) when M+ opens in BFA.

eta because why not: Realistically you can play whatever class you like, if you're not in like a top 500 guild / group. You could play a marksman hunter (currently the lowest dps) and still outdps a rogue. Bads exist everywhere.

• I wanna be a survival hunter. Can I? It's a tank right?
  • Rangor said:
    I wanna be a survival hunter. Can I? It's a tank right?
    They're in a pretty good spot at the moment, as well as in BFA. Both for pve, and pvp.

No, they're melee dps. Still no mail/cloth tanks yet.

• edited August 2018
    I won't speak for what is and is not correct re: rankings because I historically haven't given many shits about pve dps charts and therefore have not done my own research on it (pros do pvp). That being said, can confirm that Noxxic is really not a site you want to be getting any information from. They're wrong about things a good 80% of the time haha

• edited August 2018
    Antidas said:
    I won't speak for what is and is not correct re: rankings because I historically haven't given many shits about pve dps charts and therefore have not done my own research on it (pros do pvp). That being said, can confirm that Noxxic is really not a site you want to be getting any information from. They're wrong about things a good 80% of the time haha
    I legitimately went to look there after it was posted, since I hadn't looked at Noxxic since about SoO... I looked at about 12 different specs, and the only one correct (out of the ones I looked at) was Vengeance DH. The fact they don't even say why the talents are chosen (they literally copy/paste the same paragraph for every talents page lol), should say a lot.

Personally still not sure what I'm gonna play, yet. Leaning towards Mage, but nothing set in stone right now. Been having fun leveling it, just gotta wait for token to sell so I can upgrade these heirlooms. It's not been half as slow as people claim it is.

• Pyori said:

No, they're melee dps. Still no mail/cloth tanks yet.
    I miss warlock tanking. Those fights were some of the BEST memories I have playing, such as Leo the Blind, the lock twins, and big daddy Mim (at least phase 3).
  • Omegalul.