Nexus Kits for Druid PvP?

Hello Everyone!

I know Mudlet is a core part of a lot of people's Achaea's experience, though I'd thought about delving into the Nexus Client as I travel a lot and don't always have the same PC to play from. Nexus is great in that regard as it is server side and does a great job when latency is also a concern.

My request for help is thus: Does anyone happen to have a link to either a guide for making one's own or has anyone made a pre-assembled reflex kit for Druid PvP Combat compatible for Nexus? Or if not, would it be possible to find a Mudlet Kit that I could attempt to try to translate to the Nexus Client?

My plan is to start my path towards Wyvern Incinerate prep and what commands are best in handling that. If no such resources are available, what has worked for you all to help you get started on your first foray into PvP? Druid specific isn't necessary but input in this regard would be appreciated!

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Wyvern into incinerate should be quite possible on nexus by using macros or aliases. You need targeted maul, flame with wreathe and incinerate, bees and reclamation damage ticking away. So like 11 aliases. I don't know any druids that use nexus though.
  • So what I'm reading is to shorten my commands/setup buttons for the following (with examples):

OFFENSE:
    • Targeted Maul: head/torso/left arm/right arm/left leg/right leg(/nothing?)
      Examples: tMh; tMt; tMla; tMra; tMll; tMrl (;tM0)
      OR: short Alias to set Target variable (tHd; tTo; tLa; tLl; tRa; tRl), short alias for targeted MAUL <target> <hit location>.
    • Flame Wreath & Flame Incinerate
      Example: fWre; fInc; with a trigger system to maintain flame levels?
    • Grove Bees - Call New Swarm
    • Reclamation Begin/Expand/Lash
      Example: rBst; rExp; rLsh
    • Optional: Shred?; Sting?; Reclamation Constrict/Poisonspore?
    This kind of what I'm looking at so far to start?

• edited August 2018
    If Nexus doesn't have case insensitive aliases by default (it might, I've never really used it), it's probably a bad idea to put uppercase letters in your aliases. That's just one more thing to mess up when you're typing quickly during a fight.
  • It is most certainly case sensitive alias recognition, so that will be something to keep in mind and good insight to have. Thanks!
  • With regards to Arena and/or PvP, how much time allowed for preparation?

If time is limited, is it best to make individual alias for each defenses and/or is it better to put together a trigger that runs through/waits for each defense in turn?

For example, Flailing my staff is a given, and getting Vitality up right away I would imagine is important as well.

Rest can be boiled down to herb/potion defenses that with a shorter time frame would be more reflexive to an opponent.

Once I get the basics down, I'll be looking into changing priorities for my cures to insure my combo has the most uptime and then into the arena to test it all out.
  • Can you do something like this in Nexus, like you can in Mudlet?

Alias: ^m(?:(la|ll|ra|rl|to|he))$  then just do the code for "if mla then maul left arm, elseif.."  (Mine is a table but, just curious what functionality Nexus has)

• From what I can tell, Nexus has an "advanced" option that can implement java into the code. Although I'm not entirely sure to the extent of it, this seems reasonable.

I think a good place to start for me is to establish a good targeting system that goes above and beyond the normal "Tab to Target" which has actually caused me some heartache as I'm cycling through targets. Being able to manually set the target would be nice.

• You can do that in game. 

Type ST <target> and you'll set your target. Then, instead of having to type MAUL <target>, you can just type MAUL and it'll auto-target the skill to your in-game target.
  • Armali said:
    You can do that in game. 

Type ST <target> and you'll set your target. Then, instead of having to type MAUL <target>, you can just type MAUL and it'll auto-target the skill to your in-game target.
    So I wouldn't even have to build it into my other alias' right? If so that is one less alias to have to incorporate. Thanks!
  • Caelan said:
    Can you do something like this in Nexus, like you can in Mudlet?

Alias: ^m(?:(la|ll|ra|rl|to|he))$  then just do the code for "if mla then maul left arm, elseif.."  (Mine is a table but, just curious what functionality Nexus has)
    Nexus has both regex and javascript functionality, so you can generally do most things you can do in mudlet within nexus just fine, including tables and such.
  • edited August 2018
    Caelan said:
    Can you do something like this in Nexus, like you can in Mudlet?

As a matter of fact there is an If/Then Trigger/Match function, though there is a bit of moving stuff around.

I can set the trigger instead as an Alias, with the anything after the alias as @suffix and build the If/Then around what the Suffix matches. I still need to play with this, and I'm experimenting with it tonight.

The Nexus Portal Wiki had this to share as an example, as I work through it myself I'll try to share here. (Image from here: http://nexus.ironrealms.com/Simplified_Scripting)

EDIT: Looks like @Keorin beat me to it, but it looks like I can switch between the WYSIWYG and the Advanced Javascript system. So far from what I can tell as long as I can translate it, I can have anything Mudlet work with Nexus as well.
  • For defenses you will want to use Server-side. Have one alias that puts all the defences you want to defend up on curing priority defence list. When that is done run another alias that only puts the defences you want on automatic keep on the list.