Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• How fast are the artie throwing axes (roughly) for non jugglers?
    225/232/242 are the artie speeds, how does that translate to seconds?

Did a search and learned a few things about throwing axes but not the speeds of 'em!
  • Nylian said:
    How fast are the artie throwing axes (roughly) for non jugglers?
    225/232/242 are the artie speeds, how does that translate to seconds?

Did a search and learned a few things about throwing axes but not the speeds of 'em!
    If anything, just message (or is it issue) Makarios asking to borrow each one when you're online for 10-15 minutes. You cannot under any circumstances use it during combat or a duel, but you can test them all out on someone.
  • He let me borrow 'em.  I promised I'd post back here with averages. :)

225 - Sylvan Axe: 2.1766s average
    232 - Axe of the hunt: 2.0384s average
    242 - Axe of Gaian Fury: 1.8371s average

Thanks Makarios!
  • is there a way to stop cowardice from blocking tumbles, or is apostate practically speaking just impossible to tumble against?
  • Pretty sure that's cowardice's entire purpose in pvp. Much like noise for bard.

• Doesn't work if prone or paralyzed, I believe
  • Vika said:
    Doesn't work if prone or paralyzed, I believe
    That was changed last year, cowardice breaks tumble even if you can't move now.
  • Assuming I ever find time to play one day. Which is a better upgrade for 1v1 pvp dwc runewarden. I have 17max str without fury and +1 scimitars. +1 str gauntlets or +2 scimitars? 
  • Camroth said:
    Assuming I ever find time to play one day. Which is a better upgrade for 1v1 pvp dwc runewarden. I have 17max str without fury and +1 scimitars. +1 str gauntlets or +2 scimitars? 
    defense arties. sip rings anything to make you harder to kill. infinitely more valuable than most offense stuffs IMO. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Defence is worthless if you can't threaten your opponent. Knights are tanky enough without defensive arties, and dwc can hinder fairly well with double aff + runed rooms.

You don't win fights by tanking damage, at most you just don't lose them. You should be aiming to win, not 'not lose.' It's no coincidence that almost every good but low budget fighter prioritized at least arty weapons/offensive stats before going for tankiness beyond a soa or the like.

Tankiness is a lot more important in group pvp, imo, because in 1v1 there's very few situations where you're gonna tank a proper setup much better without investing a ton into defensive arties. You're gonna get owned by artied dwb with a level 1 belt or without, but the +1 strength makes the difference in actually being able to do anything to the person.

That said, Antonius's sig has a chart somehwere of dsb threshholds. Aim to be at 100% or close to it when accounting for runeblades, strength-wise. As long as level 1 scims are fast enough to pull off setups (they should be, but I dunno for sure), strength is the priority.
  • edited November 2018
    Kiet said:

That said, Antonius's sig has a chart somehwere of dsb threshholds. Aim to be at 100% or close to it when accounting for runeblades, strength-wise. As long as level 1 scims are fast enough to pull off setups (they should be, but I dunno for sure), strength is the priority.
    Difference between forged and Lv1 is noticeable. Difference between Lv1 and Lv2 isn't much to write home about. Difference between Lv1 and LV3 is noticeable.
    Get strength to make your consistent damage higher, and your finisher more reliable. Unless you're wanting to cheese with focus locks and pithakhan, then get lv2 scims for more speed (nothing major, but more nonetheless)

• Anyone have a list of proc chances for runeblades?
  • Elisella said:
    Anyone have a list of proc chances for runeblades?
    100% when other people have them, 0% when they are mine.
  • Minifie said:
    Elisella said:
    Anyone have a list of proc chances for runeblades?
    100% when other people have them, 0% when they are mine.
    I had honestly assumed the only 100% proc rate was on a prone mangled leg hit from an L3 flail.
  • Only one I know for sure, is nairat being guaranteed on prone targets.
    Beyond that I'd guess somewhere around 10-15% proc chance (would be in line with SoA's "low" proc rate).

• Not quite a combat question, but arena-related - anyone have insight into jousting? Theoretically, it should be skill in riding + steed level, but Selto and I just jousted twice with the same skill in riding, and I had a lower steed level, but I beat him almost every round. What gives?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Delos jousting is a bit more complicated, I think. It depends on what you choose to do versus what your opponent does as well, I think.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Delos jousting is a bit more complicated, I think. It depends on what you choose to do versus what your opponent does as well, I think.
    Thanks! There were times when we did the exact same actions with similar timing, so it just seemed really strange. I did some forums digging and it looks like mount weight and flying/not might be a substantial factor, which would explain a lot. His mount was 750ish lbs lighter than mine, and both were flying, but his was legendary and mine was not. Also maybe the lance makes a difference - I noticed that I forged a lot of 'exceptional' lances recently.
  • Excuse the format, but maybe someone can help - Rangor at 5993 health takes 7 DSL's to break his leg (confirmed 13th single slash line to break). If I just slash with my Scimitar it takes 16 individual slashes (equivalent to 8 dsl's) to break - is this a bug or has something changed in the way limb damage is calculated by DSL?

Logs below:
    7 DSL log (14 slashes, broke on 13th)

16 slash log (16 slashes broke on 16th)

• edited December 2018
    DOUBLESLASH isn't two SLASHes stuck together, so yes, they have different calculations for limb damage (and health damage, if I recall correctly). That isn't a bug, and it isn't a recent change.
  • Test hitting him with 14 RSLs instead.
  • Antonius said:
    DOUBLESLASH isn't two SLASHes stuck together, so yes, they have different calculations for limb damage (and health damage, if I recall correctly). That isn't a bug, and it isn't a recent change.
    Ah ok, thanks Antonius - how doe sit calculate a slash missing, half the DSL damage?
  • If you're using weapons with the same damage stat, each hit should be worth half of the total. You should count individual slashes rather than full doubleslashes (i.e. 13 rather than 6.5 or 7).
  • 7 DSLs break at the 13th hit. You can also do 13 RSLs to break. 

RSL is the one hit for DSL is the 2 hits.

Slashes however is not the same limb damage. Should use RSL .

• Do Psions have a form of all-resist?
  • Secondskin.
  • Vinzent said:
    Secondskin.
    Thanks!
  • What's the shortest and longest possible pesante stun?
  • Lavanda said:
    What's the shortest and longest possible pesante stun?
    Pesante is very brief, should be under .5s. But you may be getting hit by percussia, which is about 1s stun. 
  • Anyone have code for the limb formula for a Runewarden? Anything that can predict the hits needed for a limb to break with 53/52 damage weapons taking into account Laguz. Thaaanks