Quick Questions

Comments

• edited July 2018
    How long has it said that? There are turtles, frogs, eagles, and a whole slew of "small" animals that people have as custom pets.
  • Spider mounts are a core part of the Tsol'dasi identity, they can be acquired in Achaea in one very special instance, but we don't allow pet versions.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Nicola said:
    Spider mounts are a core part of the Tsol'dasi identity, they can be acquired in Achaea in one very special instance, but we don't allow pet versions.
    Time to spend endless days on Istarion again :O

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Zeris said:
    How long has it said that? There are turtles, frogs, eagles, and a whole slew of "small" animals that people have as custom pets.
    As long as I can remember. I always got it confused with the restrictions on the free customization for class loyals so must be at least 10 years or so. It specifically says no giant versions of animals but everyone knows customization rules are pretty loose depending on which volunteer is approving.
  • Nicola said:
    Spider mounts are a core part of the Tsol'dasi identity, they can be acquired in Achaea in one very special instance, but we don't allow pet versions.
    @Nicola

I want to make sure I'm reading this right - there IS a way to get a Spider Mount currently in game?
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Well. Yes. There is that that mount. You can't just go and buy, you have to earn it somehow. I think I've only ever heard of one person ever figuring out how to do so, though.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Well. Yes. There is that that mount. You can't just go and buy, you have to earn it somehow. I think I've only ever heard of one person ever figuring out how to do so, though.
    How sassily cryptic.
  • Information is protected under the Quest Secrets Act of 1998.
     <3 
  • 1 - What happens with the custom description on armour if you get the morph paragon?  My fullplate is customised, will it keep that when you move to scalemail or can you get a totally new desc (or keep it plain) when you morph it?

2 - When in Occie I keep my Ents summoned when I dragonform but not when I switch to E Lord. Forsaking Fire makes me have to resummon my ents, whereas when I lesser from DForm I don't. Is this by design or an oversight?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited July 2018
    Sobriquet said:
    1 - What happens with the custom description on armour if you get the morph paragon?  My fullplate is customised, will it keep that when you move to scalemail or can you get a totally new desc (or keep it plain) when you morph it?

2 - When in Occie I keep my Ents summoned when I dragonform but not when I switch to E Lord. Forsaking Fire makes me have to resummon my ents, whereas when I lesser from DForm I don't. Is this by design or an oversight?
    1. Pretty sure it resets your armour desc to basic, no modifier armor (a suit of fullplate, a suit of scalemail, etc.) Very boring. :frown:

2. I would guess its an oversight, the original logic of the ent changes for Dragon should be the same for the Elemental Lords too.
  • Report #9
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: You            Status      : Approved
    Skill       : Domination     Ability     : General
    Problem:
    This is aimed at elemental lords in general with respect to Occultist entities,
    but you lose them every time you prevail! You don't when you dragonform, which 
    is comparable.
    Solution #1:
    Allow domination (and all other class entities) to persist while you are in
    elemental form
    Solution #2:
    Solution #3:
    Decision:
    We'll see what we can do, no promises.

• Sobriquet said:
    1 - What happens with the custom description on armour if you get the morph paragon?  My fullplate is customised, will it keep that when you move to scalemail or can you get a totally new desc (or keep it plain) when you morph it?
    The morph paragon is terrible, honestly.

At the lowest level(800cr), it's cheaper to buy two sets of artifact armour, and that's just a 24hr cd on the paragon. If you want to be able switch classes more than once a day, you're going to either need to spend more on the paragon, or you're going to have to maintain extra suits of armor for it and that negates the whole point of morphing armour. Not that class changing here also counts dragon/elord.

If you want the 12 hour cooldown, That's gonna cost you 1200 credits and that's more expensive than just buying three sets of artifact armor, and it still doesn't play nice with even the lowest tier of the lorewarden's shard which is the 1hr cooldown on class switching.

For that, you need to get the 1900 credit morphing paragon for a 10m cd, and at that point you can buy five sets of regular artifact armor and still be cheaper than a morphing paragon. 

IMO, in almost all cases where you want morphing armor, you are better off just buying multiple suits of artifact armor instead.
  • Does anyone happen to know what the svof command ("vconfig ___") is to switch different parry modes?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I wonder if Morph would be better if it was an enhancement created by a Legendary Blacksmith that had a decay rate. CD rate based on quality of materials upon creation/implementation.

Frees up slots for everyone, reduces overall credit cost to players, encourages multiclassing, and gives Legendary Blacksmiths something to make and upkeep like repairs to rings by jewelry makers.
  • edited July 2018
    Even if it was considered (I don't think it would be) it may be more palatable if it was a single-use or an item with charges that also reduced the life of the armour or stripped away any legendary bonuses.

Maybe it could be made to only work for a single kind of armour (scalemail to fullplate and back only) and have descriptors attached to it, which take the cost of both sets together (so the cost of like nightmarish, skull-festooned fullplate plus the cost of the same scalemail) to prevent people from making high smith-level descriptors on cloth and then just switching it over to fullplate and selling it.

I dunno, I'm just not really a fan of the idea that smiths can suddenly make what basically amounts to artefacts.
  • Morphing armour is fine as is, and there is no real reason to change it.

Artefact armour is a luxury, and not something you need to have. The best use of artefact armour is for bashing - and you should have one 'best' class for bashing, so you shouldn't need to morph your artefact armour very frequently.

If you do use it for PK or want to change class, you buy the morphing paragon. If you need to morph it frequently, you buy the higher levels of it.

Regular armour is extremely cheap, and if you're in the position to buy artefact armour, buying a set of regular armour because you planned class switching poorly to last you for a few hours before your morph is off cooldown is not any sort of big deal.

• Cooper said:
    Morphing armour is fine as is, and there is no real reason to change it.
    The problem is that morphing armor is a trap option because it's almost always worse than just buying multiple sets of artifact armour. 

A reasonable cooldown requires the 1900cr paragon, and at that price point you need to require six different suits of artifact armor for morphing to be worth it. 
  • It's not a huge problem. They're just saying it's not worth buying, and it isn't. I have like five pairs of artefact armour and no morphing paragon. The paragon is pretty useless.
  • I bought it because I didn't bother to do the maths, but the morphing armour itself is amazing. 4k is "steep" but always having 3 slots no matter what is handy as all hell, and to have permanent 3 slots open for 4 sets is 3400. Once I add a ringmail class (one day. . .) I'll be at 4250, so 250 saving instead of having 5 sets. Definitely avoid the paragon though, really not worth it for the price point.
  • Nazihk said:
    Cooper said:
    Morphing armour is fine as is, and there is no real reason to change it.
    The problem is that morphing armor is a trap option because it's almost always worse than just buying multiple sets of artifact armour. 

A reasonable cooldown requires the 1900cr paragon, and at that price point you need to require six different suits of artifact armor for morphing to be worth it. 
    Nope. You are looking at it from strictly having different armour, and not the paragon slots. The paragon slots are the important part.

So you aren't looking at the level 1 rondel, you're doing the level 2 at 850 credits.

850 x 6 = 5100, sounds a lot better with accurate numbers.

You also act as if you HAVE to have the level 3 morphing, and if you don't then it isn't useful. That isn't true.

There are very few instances where you need to morph your armour more than the level 1 or 2 provides anyway 

• It's not cut and dry, by any means. There are various things you have to consider here, and how you individually weigh things affects whether you consider them worth it. Personally, here's how I look at it:

The morphing paragons can't be removed while on cooldown. Assuming the cooldowns listed in the HELP file on the website are correct (24 hours for level one, 12 hours for level two), you're essentially giving up an embrasure in exchange for morphing when you don't have a level three morphing paragon.

For level one morphing with two available embrasures, you'd pay 1650 credits (850 for level two rondel, 800 for morphing paragon); that will buy you four sets of artefact armour with level one rondels, with 250 credits left over. For level two morphing with two available embrasures, you'd pay 2050 credits (850 for the level two rondel, 1200 for morphing paragon); that will buy you almost six sets of artefact armour with level one rondels (five sets with 300 credits left over).

You said yourself that artefact armour is most valuable for bashing. There are only two paragons really worth having for bashing: the two that increase critical hit rate. A third slot is only really useful for the absorption paragon, and you only need that as classes that can't use a Shield of Absorption: Monk (leather), Blademaster (ringmail), Druid/Sylvan (chainmail), Knight (fullplate). Monk and Blademaster are widely regarded as bad at hunting, so probably not worth spending the extra 500 credits for them. Druid and Sylvan are factional, only applies to one city (Eleusis).

If you're not in Eleusis or Targossas, you only need five types of armour at most: cloth, leather, ringmail, scalemail, and fullplate. Two embrasures for the first four, and three embrasures for fullplate, would cost you 2250; that's not much more than the cost for level two morphing and three embrasures. Probably increase that by another 250 for the artefact pryall so you can move paragons between the different suits, but I'd say that's just as required a purchase if you buy the morphing paragon.

(Of course, for me, this was all irrelevant. Morphing and customisations don't mix, and that's an absolute dealbreaker.)
  • If morphing didn't itself waste a slot, there may be more benefit to it, but yeah, if you want 3 paragons, that's a large part of the reason morphing paragon is useless. You really only need the 350 cr rondels to match what a morphing paragon gives you, and you have no CD to worry about as an extra plus.
  • edited July 2018
    This is good feed back as I have been debating on investing in morphing armour in the future, should I end up multiclassing. The auction set, while expensive, was neat since the power didn't take up a slot as mentioned.

Sounds like the cost of the morphing paragons should be decreased across the board. On top of it, perhaps the power should end up becoming an item instead that gives a set of artefact armour morphing, similar to the falcon jess that turns any glove into a falconry glove.
  • There aren't going to be any changes that mean morphing doesn't consume a slot, as that's the entire point of the auction version.
  • Antonius said:
    There aren't going to be any changes that mean morphing doesn't consume a slot, as that's the entire point of the auction version.
    Fair point. Then again, I agree with your sentiment--if customizations don't follow over, seems like a moot reason to get them. Since they don't decay, it'd be easier and cheaper to have multiple sets and switch out as needed.
  • Antonius said:
    There aren't going to be any changes that mean morphing doesn't consume a slot, as that's the entire point of the auction version.

Any change in price would also kill the value of the auction artie, though, since it's valuable because of how it compares with the price of multiple armour sets or lvl 3 morphing paragon.

In short, morphing paragon is useless but probably won't ever be less useless.
  • I do hope they add morphing customizations in the future!

Antonius good point on the "taking up a slot" part, I don't run into that as a problem. I have the armour strictly for the bashing paragons and have a cutting paragon to put in when morphing isn't on cooldown.

The only time I get frustrated with morphing is when I pick up Rageblade, morph it to cloth, lose Rageblade to Dunn 7 minutes later, but still want to bash as serpent.

Then I just wear the cloth cause I don't need the damage reduction anyway.

• Does anyone know what percent the chance is to create extra reagents and how many extra are created with an artie butcher's cleaver? Was considering buying one, but I'm not sure if they're worth it.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• It's very small.. like if you normally get 100 you will prolly get 110ish......but you gotta think long term, the more you use it, the more bang for your buck.... so over time it pays back

**100% made up numbers,  but same general concept**
  • Is there someone that I can talk to about how to fix the ire helper app as far as displaying news. There are pockets of information that I'm missing... For example it displays the most current and then it completely skips the four between 3733-3728.