Minimum for a dragon run?

Transplant newbie here, working with roughly 1500 credits. I’d like to get to 100 as quickly as possible, although I realize it may be kind of a slog. I’ve gathered that 2h Runewarden would be the best class, and i’ll Likely be a human unless there’s some gross advantage I’m missing in the help files.

Aside from the defensive artefacts (probably start L1 belt and L1 bracelets, looking into sip when I have enough health to worry about it), what are some less obvious bashing advantages in the game? Promotional items I may be able to purchase from other players, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

Answers

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Crit pendant.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Be aware that the fastest you can get it is still like 300 hours of gameplay. If you want to absoltuely maximize though:

- get crit pendant as high as possible, this is usually the highest source of dps increase you can get
    - weapon upgrade
    - strength upgrade
    - artefact armour with soa paragon
    - all con/regen/sip/etc items obviously
    - consumables like profithyst (10cr a pop usually), the xp orb (no idea), nicator card (probably like 150cr + the legend deck) if you're bashing with someone.

With just 1500 credits there's not much you can really get so I'd just go for crit pendant/weapon/tankiness in whatever configuration you llike.
  • Would Shaman, given sufficient tankiness enhancement be any contender? I imagine it stacking crit, more crits would be optimal over bigger crits?
  • edited June 2018
    Ulta said:
    Would Shaman, given sufficient tankiness enhancement be any contender? I imagine it stacking crit, more crits would be optimal over bigger crits?
    With only 1500cr investment? No. Runewarden is significantly better (for bashing at least). I have quite a bit more than 1500cr, and I still have to play it safe more often than not in a lot of 'worthwhile' bashing areas. I think the only ones that could contend with Runewarden with minimal investment (not count Earth Lord) would be Sylvan, Priest and other Knight classes.

• Kiet said:
    Be aware that the fastest you can get it is still like 300 hours of gameplay. If you want to absoltuely maximize though:

- get crit pendant as high as possible, this is usually the highest source of dps increase you can get
    - weapon upgrade
    - strength upgrade
    - artefact armour with soa paragon
    - all con/regen/sip/etc items obviously
    - consumables like profithyst (10cr a pop usually), the xp orb (no idea), nicator card (probably like 150cr + the legend deck) if you're bashing with someone.

With just 1500 credits there's not much you can really get so I'd just go for crit pendant/weapon/tankiness in whatever configuration you llike.
    Hmm. I think if credits and talismans weren't an issue, and you had everything planned out when you created your character, you could probably do 1 to 99 in 50 hours of play time.

• The fastest dragon I've witnessed doing it (finished at 18/19, I forget) was a mentor and they were shoving profithyststs and stuff in. That said maybe they could've gone even faster
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    You'll want to go to Targossian (they won the last CTF) because they have the effigy which is a xp bonus, get the alchemist empowerment which increases denizen damage if you want to super min max.  Also wait for a great hunt and do bonuses.  Wouldn't get a crit pendant until level 80 and even then you can borrow pendants and use lucky elixirs to get the same effect.  
  • Kiet said:
    The fastest dragon I've witnessed doing it (finished at 18/19, I forget) was a mentor and they were shoving profithyststs and stuff in. That said maybe they could've gone even faster
    A mentor? As in, for newbies?
  • As in the honours line that means you have to be level 50 and have 300 played hours.
  • edited June 2018
    Even with maya figurine and the crit paragons + chugging orbs/profithyst, 50 hours from 1-99 is horribly unlikely.

• Nah. You are just not thinking optimally.

I'd have to do some number crunching, but I'm 90% sure I could do 1-99 in 24 hours given optimal conditions. Those conditions aren't realistic though. But 50 hours is definitely a safe estimate.

• On topic: 

Best budget basher is Runewarden. 2h is fine but so are scims are going to edge that out.

Level 1 crit pendant is your best damage increase. You can buy them in game from players due to a previous talisman promotion - shouldn't cost more than 150 credits. If you can't find one from a city mate or on market let me know, I still have one.

You want trans avoidance and weaponmastery, and up to rune armour in runelore. You'll need survival for PK but it isn't necessary for bashing.

• see me in game

• Cooper said:
    On topic: 

Best budget basher is Runewarden. 2h is fine but so are scims are going to edge that out.

Level 1 crit pendant is your best damage increase. You can buy them in game from players due to a previous talisman promotion - shouldn't cost more than 150 credits. If you can't find one from a city mate or on market let me know, I still have one.

You want trans avoidance and weaponmastery, and up to rune armour in runelore. You'll need survival for PK but it isn't necessary for bashing.
    In Imperian, avoidance is tied to dex and a low dex means you’re netting less from the skill. Same here or is it just a flat physical resistance?
  • vs mobs it's flat phys resistance. you want it before any tanking arties