Leases and Warehousing!

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Krizal said:
    Klendathu said:
    Tahquil said:
    Is there a way to see what is the max number of comms you can put up on the commodity market?
    And also, what defines commodity rank? Amount sold? Amount mined? Number of creamcakes fired by trebuchet?
    I believe it's your RANKINGS MINING [commodity] rank. Seems to be +5000 for rank 1, -50 per rank after that.

How many comms got destroyed in this first decay wave? CM looks so empty now!
    I'm ranked 6th for platinumore, but can only list 5000 platinum. Are refined commodities limited to 5000?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ranked 17th for rawobsidian, can list 5055 raw obsidian at least. Dunno if that helps anyone diving into the can and cannot of the new system
  • Looks like the bug is resolved.
  • Klendathu said:
    So comms returned at 0100GMT and decay in 8 hours, down from the 12 intially announced, so 9am GMT. Hardly fair for Europeans :(
    Ok but based on the previous post about it they would have decayed at 0200 GMT. So everyone got a free 7 hours added after over a week of warning.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• The 8 hour timer starts after you log in.

• Cooper said:
    The 8 hour timer starts after you log in.
    I logged in to find my comms all decayed..

Cooper said:
    13:31:18 (Consortium): Dairon says, "Did I really just lose 30k coal and 20k iron.."
    13:31:29 (Consortium): You say, "If you didn't have a lease, yes."
    13:31:35 (Consortium): Dairon says, "I thought the commodities would return to my inventory when I woke up."

He wasn't logged in at the time...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The message from the admin has consistently been "Put your commodities in warehouses before June 20th." not on June 20th.

This has been coming for 47 days now.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Dairon said:
    Cooper said:

how much is that in gold?
  • Minifie said:
    Dairon said:
    Cooper said:

I think about 3 million gold, if I'm remembering commodity prices from the market correctly (~30 gold for coal, ~100 gold for iron).
  • Antonius said:
    Minifie said:
    Dairon said:
    Cooper said:

I think about 3 million gold, if I'm remembering commodity prices from the market correctly (~30 gold for coal, ~100 gold for iron).
    ah jeez that really sucks. I can give you some gold @Dairon if this has left you short
    Jarrod said:
    The message from the admin has consistently been "Put your commodities in warehouses before June 20th." not on June 20th.

This has been coming for 47 days now.
    Yes sir, sorry sir!

I lost nothing, I had a lease sorted well in time. Still doesn't change the fact that the 8 hours started bang on 1am GMT, meaning anyone not on US timezone was SOL. We're allowed a little bit of a moan, surely?

Announce 4925 said the following:
    Outrifted commodities will decay 12 hours after being outrifted.

Commodities dropped on the ground will decay 1 hour after being dropped (or any act/loss of connection that causes them to be on the ground.)
    So it would have been 12 hours, not 8. But, yanno, it is what it is.

• edited June 2018
    Except these weren't outrifted commodities, they had to be dropped on the ground somewhere because of logout.

Also, no, I really don't think you get to moan about a small change if you ignored a month and a half warning with multiple reminders.

• Antonius said:
    Minifie said:
    Dairon said:
    Cooper said:

For the past few IG years on the comm market, coal was around 11-15 and iron was around 40-50.  So closer to 1.4 million. Iron was always so frustrating how cheap people sold it. Even at the most efficient I could not turn a profit on it.
  • Also, I can tell you how much you can sell is not linear to how much you have mined. One comm relative to another person I had mined 10x as much and could only sell ~20% more. If this is the norm, very glad I sold off the bulk.
  • All in all
    Leases were available for like a month prior to prevent it
  • Just as a note, commodities in people's inventories would've decayed after 1 hour under the old changes, unless people logged in and inrifted/outrifted them to get an 12 hour timer.  Having storage sorted pre cutover was even more critical pre the timer adjustment. This was actually a factor in increasing it to eight hours, because we were concerned people might just get caught out by a one hour decay during active playtime.

It sucks that people lost comms - in an ideal world noone would lose any. I don't know we could really have offered much more warning than we did though.
  • Iron ore prices were more closely tied to Steel prices rather than refined Iron prices. 

If you sold ironore as steel, it would've turned a small profit.
     <3 
  • Commodity prices are determined by commodity gnomes. Don't even bother dealing with comms if you don't know about commodity gnomes.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Makarios definitely agree you gave very fair warning.
    Greys said:
    @Makarios definitely agree you gave very fair warning.
    I don't disagree, I had a lease sorted well in time, but a good moan always helps assuage a hangover.

• Commodity prices are determined by commodity gnomes. Don't even bother dealing with comms if you don't know about commodity gnomes.

Looking at the bottom of CM LIST, a few of these gnomes seem to be quite intoxicated!
  • Are stag horn and dust supposed to be able to be sold on CM now? Do they also decay outside of rift/warehouses now too?
  • Dupre said:
    Are stag horn and dust supposed to be able to be sold on CM now? Do they also decay outside of rift/warehouses now too?
    Yes - not being able to sell these on CM was an oversight.
    No  - they will not decay outside of rift/warehouses.
  • Minifie said:
    Antonius said:
    Minifie said:
    Dairon said:
    Cooper said:

ah jeez that really sucks. I can give you some gold @Dairon if this has left you short
    That’s ok! I can easily bash that much in a week or two. These were comms left over that I really didnt know what to do with. 
    Lesson learned: Need moar reading comprehension. 

• I know I'm the minority on this, but currently there is nothing that says 'blah blah commodity has transferred to your warehouse', leaving me sort of in a panic trying to figure out where it went. I just have to know it went to my warehouse. Can it give a message like bank funds do when it wisks to your bank after a credit sale? 
    edited June 2018
    Can't seem to get commodities out of the warehouse, using WAREHOUSE WITHDRAW:

I cannot fathom the meaning of "warehouse".

Also cannot sell direct from the warehouse, so I have comms I can't list :anguished:

• Can check warehouse stock from anywhere, cannot withdraw but inside the com market of your cities warehouse. Cannot sell from warehouse directly to city com shop, only from warehouse to delos com shop. Hope that helps.

Rilinstra said:
    Can check warehouse stock from anywhere, cannot withdraw but inside the com market of your cities warehouse. Cannot sell from warehouse directly to city com shop, only from warehouse to delos com shop. Hope that helps.
    Ah, it's not clear you can't withdraw anywhere except in the comms market of the city in which your warehouse resides.

I was trying to sell on Delos comms market, is there a specific syntax for that?